Radio or Webcasts of Girls Basketball Games:

Any one else broadcasting girls district playoff games. WBIO 94.7 in Owensboro is doing all the 9th district girls games and can be heard on the web. I believe this is long over due around here. I have seen many girls games this year and these girls flat out get it every play.

Any one else broadcasting girls district playoff games. WBIO 94.7 in Owensboro is doing all the 9th district girls games and can be heard on the web. I believe this is long over due around here. I have seen many girls games this year and these girls flat out get it every play.

[/QUOTCorrection on this: The girls 9th district playoffs are going to be on

WLME 102.7. Go to Owensbororadio.com and pick the 102.7 WLME web site to listen. Two games on Monday 02/25 beginning at 6:00

WSKV-FM 104.9 in Stanton will brodcast all of the 56th District Tournaments (Girls and Boys). Beginning on Monday, February 25th at 6:00 p.m. WSKV has broadcast all 56th District Tournaments for at least the last ten years. Also, WSKV will broadcast the 14th Region Girls Tournament from Powell County beginning March 3rd.

Can someone in the 16th. region or 64th.district answer this question for me. Why does WRVC the voice of the Ashland Tomcats not carry all of the Ashland Kittens basketball games? This seems very wrong and someone in the Ashland school system needs to be all over this problem.

It all boils down to money. Many advertisers don't see the value of girls basketball and many radio stations won't do a game if they don't make good money at it. We do East and West Carter girls basketball and generally don't have any problem selling the games out. But Carter Co is rare exception.

I salute you GO RADIO for doing a great job promoting girls basketball in our region. I can't believe that out of all the businesses in Ashland that WRVC could not get adds sold to carry the kittens games as well as the Tomcats. I personally think it comes down to people in Ashland not wanting change when it comes to Ashland sports. I hate to tell them but this is not the 60's or 70's and the Tomcats are not what they used to be. Kittens fans should flood with phone calls to WRVC and THE Ashland Administrators in getting behind the girls programs in there school system. Its 2008 ,wake up Ashland.

I salute you GO RADIO for doing a great job promoting girls basketball in our region. I can't believe that out of all the businesses in Ashland that WRVC could not get adds sold to carry the kittens games as well as the Tomcats. I personally think it comes down to people in Ashland not wanting change when it comes to Ashland sports. I hate to tell them but this is not the 60's or 70's and the Tomcats are not what they used to be. Kittens fans should flood with phone calls to WRVC and THE Ashland Administrators in getting behind the girls programs in there school system. Its 2008 ,wake up Ashland.

I appreciate the kind words. We do what we do for the kids, money plays very little role in what we do for the schools. We are also fortunate in the fact that we are locally owned and operated. Many stations these days are part of a large radio company whose headquarters are hundreds of miles away and care very little about the community and localism.