Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

highschoolsportsfan

Inactive Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by highschoolsportsfan

  1. West has won 18 ball games this year. They are a good team. I agree with the assessment of Cats, they have looked very good at times and very bad at times. If the good team shows up, the Tomcats are in trouble. No school in Carter Co today, but I don't think that will affect the game being played.
  2. It will be uncomfortable for some, but it will be a great tournament atmosphere!
  3. Elliott may take the frustration from Saturday out on Russell. It could get ugly!!!!!
  4. Assuming those 3 teams get to the regional tournament. They are all fine ball clubs, but anything can happen in the post season!!!! West, Menifee and Lewis may take umbrage to you placing East, Bath and Raceland in the tourney already. With that said, East has a very good team. They played very well against Fairiview and then beat Fleming Co Saturday night very handily. It will be fun to see them take on Bath Co Tuesday night and then the district opener vs. West Carter. Games that they are capable of winning for sure, but are not locks by any stretch of the imagination.
  5. If they will carry popcorn in there and have cushioned seats, I will be tempted broadcast from there and sell my seat!! HAHAHAHAHAHA
  6. NOTHING!!!! The doors are scheduled to open 1 1/2 hours before the game. I suspect there might be a line forming around Noon. School buses may have a hard time getting kids home on time. I feel sorry for the fan that has a 9-5 and can't get there until 6pm or so! Elliott Co officials did say they were going to have a closed circuit TV feed into their auditorium that was said to hold about 350 people. I do want to clarify an earlier post of mine. In saying 800 fans could get in the gym. The gym can hold more than that, but I was saying that with bands and pass list members, there would only be about 800 seats available for paying fans. I suspect the 1150 capacity might be accurate for standing room only. But with bands, pass list members, etc. I wouldn't think more than 800 paying customers would have a seat.
  7. That might be hard to do. Better get there EARLY!!!!!!
  8. Thanks mpspencer63. I have been to Illinois, it is not THAT ugly!
  9. The sign on the wall says 1150. But that would only be possible if there were 1150 2nd graders in the gym. 800 would be a very full gym.
  10. In the 16th region...Bill Bradley has seen the other teams in the region more than he has his own team! I don't think I have covered a game this year that he wasn't at!!!
  11. I personally think the main reason for the larger ticket price is that the gym at Elliott Co holds so much less than other gyms. They can only fit so many in there. It all boils down to money folks!!! Some of the schools need to have a good district tourney pay check to have the things they need to keep the program going. First National Bank Sandy Hook Branch may need to stay open a little later that week in case some families need to take out a loan to buy tickets,
  12. I meant to add ticket information: Double header nights -- $7 adults and $5 students Championship Nights -- $5 adults and $3 students
  13. I meant to add ticket information: Double header nights -- $7 adults and $5 students Championship Nights -- $5 adults and $3 students
  14. Your idea was discussed, but not implemented. I saw the pros and cons on both sides. It is going to be packed and I doubt they turn anybody away. Wall to wall people! If that doesn't tickle your fancy, we will have all the games on the air and on the internet!
  15. @ Elliott Co Monday Night--February 25 -- East vs West Tuesday Night -- February 26 -- Elliott Co vs Morgan Game times for Monday and Tuesday 6pm Championship Thursday Night -- February 28th @ 7pm. We will have all the games on the air! Printable brackets available at http://wgohwugo.com/2008districttourney.pdf
  16. Monday Night--February 25 -- East vs West Tuesday Night -- February 26 -- Elliott Co vs Morgan Game times for Monday and Tuesday approx 8pm. Championship Friday Night -- February 29th @ 7pm. We will have all the games on the air! For a printable bracket go to http://wgohwugo.com/2008districttourney.pdf
  17. Sorry, but no. If I had my way I would be there covering it on the radio and internet. UK @ Vandy will be on. 7:30 pre-game, 9pm tip.
  18. Just talked with officials at West Carter and the game will be played as scheduled.
  19. We will not be covering the game tonight. Our contract with UK will not allow us to pre-empt them tonight. Sorry, wish we could, I may be there anyway!! It has potential to be a great ballgame!!!
  20. Come on King. There a some pretty good officials in this region. I will be the first to admit that the quality has declined over the past couple of years, but some of the veterans are still there and do a fine job. Without offending any of my other officiating buddies, I would want: Bobby Hall, Joe Billman and Joe Coldiron. Just my opinion guys. Since we are wishing, could I bring back a couple of guys who are no longer officiating in the region? If that were the case, I would take Curt Cundiff, Bob Craft and Bruce Morris. If none of the above were available, give me Ken Catron, Ron Dixon and Dick "Freddy Fender" Hall.
  21. Just talked to the AD Easterling and the game will be played, JV game will start at 5pm varsity to follow.
  22. Thought so, but thanks for the vote of confidence!
  23. 1. 29.5 2. The face of the backboard 3. 18" 4. 19' 9" 5. 6' 6. 4' 7. 3' 8. 50'

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.