Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Herbie22

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Herbie22

  1. I know we still have a ways to go to basketball season but I would expect there to be a few more shakeups in the 14th region prior to the season starting.
  2. I will add to the resume, region runner-up in 2023-24 at Harrison County, it took a last second buzzer beat from Campbell County to edge out the thoroughbreds. Coach Brooks, will be up for the challenge to compete in the 40th district!
  3. LJ Holman - Great Crossing
  4. The addition of Trace Kincaid, to Perry County Central, makes them the team to beat in the 14th in the 2026-27 season. Also, Jaden Amburgey of Letcher County Central has gone back to Knott County Central.
  5. Allen Martin, has officially left Bourbon County, and is headed to Estill County. I can also report that his replacement is Terrence Brooks, former Paris and Harrison County Head Coach.
  6. I saw on Twitter, where Ben Brown has decided to leave Scott High, and is attending Summit Country Day, in Cincinnati. That will cause the Eagles to not soar as high in 2026-27.
  7. It was posted to Murray Independent Schools, social media earlier today that Coach Curtis, is officially back as the head coach.
  8. James Bolden posted to his Facebook page, that he wasn't offered the Holmes job. I am not sure who they have hired but it sounds like there will be an announcement soon.
  9. Back to the drawing board for the Engineers, I think at this juncture Steve Helton, doesn't make any sense. His son has played all summer with Scott County, the dead period has started in Kentucky. There's really not any time to create any team chemistry prior to the season starting. I would guess that Robinson, or a current assistant are the most likely to be named head coach.
  10. I saw where he has already accepted a position in the district roughly a week ago. My initial thought was that must be an awkward feeling for Coach Doss, but they might have seen this situation playing out when they hired him back.
  11. Coach Curtis welcome back, would be my guess!
  12. This one has been unusually quiet, wonder what is taking so long Covington?
  13. Things are looking up in Inez, I got wind of this last Wednesday. However, chose not to post as there wasn't any information released yet. As far as I am concerned, a rematch is inevitable between Johnson Central and Martin County to be crowned king of the 15th.
  14. Ditto with the addition of LJ Holman, and another player who started for Scott County, (name is escaping me) they are poised to make another great run in the 11th region.
  15. I was really impressed with Seneca, extremely young from what I am told. They have two post players that showed a ton of potential. They played Great Crossing, and had a lead for a good portion of the game, Holman and Orme became too much to handle late. The Warhawks, are on an unreal run I would look for them to make a 4th consecutive trip to Rupp. Greenwood's Ethan York, had a good camp and stretched the floor for the Gators. I liked Ja'Zi Grayson's game of Pendleton County, elite shooter that played with intensity throughout the camp. As a hoops junkie these events are great to attend so, much basketball in a short window.
  16. I believe it the old saying was "sit out 90 days" then you're eligible for re-hire or start a second retirement. Either way this is a tough job with limited resources.
  17. I do think it will be a tough assignment for Coach Thompson, juggling both basketball and football. However, what is the ceiling for next year's PT team? My way too early guess would be hoping to draw opposite of Marshall County and possibly make the regional finals. I don't see them overtaking the defending region champs. So, while the hire seems weird/odd I think they punch right at their weight class with Coach Thompson. I am wondering why the decision was made to hire him on the interim basis especially when it seemed there wasn't any shortage of interest.
  18. What could go wrong? ?
  19. You are correct, I knew they were D1 just assumed they were when he went there. So, the last kid to win it and not go to a D1 out of high school would be Walt Allen. This is certainly a good Kentucky High School Basketball nugget!
  20. Is Pridemore returning from Russell?
  21. This is what I get for using Wikipedia, it only highlighted Lindsey Wilson under his profile. Also, Walt Allen played for Presbyterian, they are a D1 school in the Big South conference. Your correction on Davenport, further exemplifies that you have to be a D1 talent to win Mr. Basketball.
  22. No I am just saying in general you have to be a D1 talent to win the award. Moreno, could have went anywhere and still won the award. It isn't so much about Kentucky as it is the level of talent it takes to win it. My point is there are multiple players with that talent level in the class of 2027.
  23. Any new scoop from the Jackson Purchase?
  24. I think this 2027 class is an extremely strong one I will add a few more names to the list. All of these guys will be D1 level players, if history is any indicator you have to commit at that level to win the award. The last player to win the award and not commit to a D1 would have been Brandon Davenport, from Owensboro in 1997. Armani Bryd - Warren Central Ja'Rye Brown - WEB DuBois Tyce Jarvis - Montgomery County LJ Holman - Great Crossing

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.