Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Terence Brooks Named Bourbon County Head Coach

Featured Replies

The former Paris and Harrison County Head Coach has been coaching Bourbon’s middle school team and returns to the varsity sidelines. 

From 10th Region on Facebook:

Longtime 10th Region coach Terence Brooks is the new boys basketball coach at Bourbon County.

tb.jpg

Paris HS... cradle of coaches

Cory Dumphord, Paris HS HFC

Juan Byars, Paris HS HBC

Tyquan Rice, Bourbon Co HS HFC

Terence Brooks, Paris HS HBC

 

Best wishes to these Paris HS Alumni!

Was very surprised when he left Harrison Co. with a solid 75-42 record over 4 years.  I thought there was general consensus that he had resurrected the program from so pretty down years.  Lost track of him to learn from this thread he had been the MS coach at Bourbon.

58 minutes ago, Oldercoach said:

Was very surprised when he left Harrison Co. with a solid 75-42 record over 4 years.  I thought there was general consensus that he had resurrected the program from so pretty down years.  Lost track of him to learn from this thread he had been the MS coach at Bourbon.

He was also at Paris for a couple years after Harrison County.  I also was surprised he left Harrison.  He's still in a very tough district.

21 hours ago, Oldercoach said:

Was very surprised when he left Harrison Co. with a solid 75-42 record over 4 years.  I thought there was general consensus that he had resurrected the program from so pretty down years.  Lost track of him to learn from this thread he had been the MS coach at Bourbon.

He retired from his job in the school system. 

Paris hired Eli Strait at Paris last summer over Terence Brooks. No idea who made that awful decision. Strait leaves after one year, and a Paris legend who has his jersey retired and coached there, is now are your rival school with his two kids coming up who are pretty good. 

  • Author

Paris also let their successful football coach walk over to Bourbon and is having huge success.  

22 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

He was also at Paris for a couple years after Harrison County.  I also was surprised he left Harrison.  He's still in a very tough district.

Maybe I am wrong, but I think Paris was prior to Harrison.  Not sure.

6 hours ago, Oldercoach said:

Maybe I am wrong, but I think Paris was prior to Harrison.  Not sure.

After thinking about it, I believe you are correct.

  • Author

He was the Head Coach of Paris boys for 7 seasons where he went 124-84 and won an All-A State Title. He was at Harrison for four seasons after that. 

On 7/19/2026 at 8:25 AM, TribeTime said:

He was the Head Coach of Paris boys for 7 seasons where he went 124-84 and won an All-A State Title. He was at Harrison for four seasons after that. 

I will add to the resume, region runner-up in 2023-24 at Harrison County, it took a last second buzzer beat from Campbell County to edge out the thoroughbreds. Coach Brooks, will be up for the challenge to compete in the 40th district!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.