Everything posted by Jdhogg
-
Brannen steps down at Walton-Verona
How many kids quit under Brannen’s “program”? How many did he try to retain? Rumor has it that NCCwas very happy that Walton took him off their hands! Likely excuse that he resigned due to parents of Senior athletes, who won’t be there next year!
-
Brannen steps down at Walton-Verona
The core of those Sr's have been together since Elementary and played every summer together. I have watched those boys for many years and they were focused on one thing, Rupp. The hard work and dedication paid off, Congrats to them All, it has been many years of great competition!
-
Brannen steps down at Walton-Verona
I called this during the season, 9 Srs and nothing in the pipeline. He did not build that team or anything else at WV, rode those boys for what glory he could get and then quits.
-
Walton-Verona vs Campbell County (KHSAA Boys Sweet Sixteen® Quarterfinals) Prediction
In the last meeting WV won by 6, but they were not playing the same type of game they are playing now. The Bearcats are firing on all cylinders and their defense will make it difficult for CC. Miles and Pardee down low are a tough combo to contain, I will take WV by 10.
-
Walton-Verona 76 Knox Central 54 (KHSAA Boys Sweet Sixteen® Round 1)
WV did everything they needed to do today. They got a little sluggish when the defense started to sag but they hit a few 3's which opened up their middle game again. Incredible defense to hold KC well below their average also creating some easy buckets. It looks like they are playing their best ball at the right time. Kudos to the Bearcat Nation.
-
Sweet 16 newbie
Congrats to your Bearcats, a Magical Season for those young men.
-
2019 Kentucky Sweet Sixteen Basketball Contest
Opening Round 1 Walton Verona 1 John Hardin 1 Owensboro 1 Trinity 1 Scott County 1Butler 1 Madisonville- NH 1 Mayfield 2 Walton Verona 2 Trinity 2 Scott County 2 Mayfield 3 Trinity 3 Scott County 5 Scott County TB 119
-
Walton-Verona 60 Oldham County 51 (8th Region Finals)
This will be be WV'S 1st appearance in the Sweet 16 since 1942! Grubbs, Pardee, Miles and Jones all Tournament Team. Way to Go Bearcats!
-
Oldham County vs Walton Verona (8th Region Finals)
If WV trys to win this at the perimeter trading 3's with OC, it will get ugly fast. But for now they seem to being playing the Classic in/out offense instead of the motionless perimeter offense of the near past. So I wish them luck.
-
Oldham County vs Walton Verona (8th Region Finals)
Defensively WV will not allow the open looks that OC got last night. If WV plays an inside out, utilizing Miles and Pardee down low and Jones on the perimeter, I will take them in double digits for the Championship!
-
Oldham County vs Walton Verona (8th Region Finals)
Who wins and by how much?
-
Gallatin County vs. Oldham County Predictions (8th Region Semifinals)
Who wins and by how much?
-
Gallatin County 75 Simon Kenton 71 (8th Region Quarterfinals)
Great Win for the Wildcats, they played with a lot of guts!
-
8th Region Tournament Preview
Will Pegasus Network carry all of the 8th Region games?
-
Gallatin County vs. Simon Kenton Predictions
It is going to be a great game, It will go to the wire but GC for the win.
-
8th Region Tournament Preview
As always, Great write up ColonelMike.
-
8th Region Tournament Draw
I would think SK holds more than Spencer Co., WV and Williamstown.
-
8th Region Tournament Draw
Looks like it will be a great tournament. I believe we could see a Gallatin vs WV final. Good luck to all the teams advancing to Regionals.
-
Walton-Verona 62 Simon Kenton 52 (32nd District Finals)
Boy skin sure is grown thin up that way. WV had the talent last year to have a Regional Championship and South Oldham beat them after losing to them a week earlier. He was Out Coached, saw it at LCA and Madison Central this year, and he about blew it vs SK by slowing the ball down and taking his team out of their game for the entire 4th quarter. Are we discussing Basketball or just good ole glad handing? Good Luck to all the teams heading to Regional.
-
Collins 69 Spencer County 56 (30th District Final)
Congrats to both teams for advancing to the Regions and to Collins on the Championship. The 8th Region is going to be a fun ride.
-
Walton-Verona 62 Simon Kenton 52 (32nd District Finals)
Ok, you caught me..What I was really saying is I hope we don't have to meet them until the finals!
-
Walton-Verona 62 Simon Kenton 52 (32nd District Finals)
I tell you what, if Bluecats agrees to stop quoting me and telling me how great his Coach is, I will stop offering my opinion. The fact is they are playing great ball right now. I hope for a WV vs Gallatin final, there is a lot of history between these boys, they wont beat our guys again, 3rd Time is the Charm! Good Luck to all the teams advancing to the Regionals.
-
Walton-Verona 62 Simon Kenton 52 (32nd District Finals)
Guess I am just old school, I believe you earn you spot as a starter, as a captain and as team member, we are obviously living in different times. I mean how many Mr. Basketball Candidates has WV had? I am sure very few if any at all, just seems odd. Sorry it upset some of you so much, I can not imagine why.
-
Walton-Verona 62 Simon Kenton 52 (32nd District Finals)
He did not volunteer! I am not trying to be the antagonist here, someone posted about how the Coach should finally get some credit for their game plan last night. Well that is the game plan they should have had all year, you got the biggest team in the region and Miles and Pardee were both around the perimeter for half the season. Contributing 44 points between them last night, that is a hard combo to defend, when in Position.
-
Walton-Verona 62 Simon Kenton 52 (32nd District Finals)
I don't really care who it is but sidelining your Mr. Basketball Candidate, on his Sr. Night, for anyone seems a bit Crazy!