Everything posted by Buckeye25
-
Simon Kenton 76 Collins 72
According to digital scout: SK Niece 39 Davis 21 Schwartz 9 Collins: McKnight 27 Vail 18 Hawley 8
-
Walton-Verona 79 Gallatin County 70
I believe Coach Hester was an assistant at Simon Kenton.
-
Trinity 42 Campbell County 40 (KHSAA Boys Sweet Sixteen® Semifinals)
That is as good of an angle as you can see. Doesn't look like a foul to me from there
-
Trinity 42 Campbell County 40 (KHSAA Boys Sweet Sixteen® Semifinals)
Twitter Video of final shot from Evan Dennison Twitter.
-
Gallatin County vs. Oldham County Predictions (8th Region Semifinals)
OC is bigger and more physical. GC will need to shoot well to win but I think they have enough guys that can score to pull it out. I think GC will pull away in the 4th and win by 7-10.
-
Spencer County 75 South Oldham 71 (8th Region Quarterfinals)
Great win for Spencer County. Haven't seen them play this year but it seems like they are clicking at the right time.
-
Referees berating other referees
Yep, I probably should have asked before weighing in. Either way, both games were called fairly from what I saw (2 qtrs and OT of the first and all of the 2nd) If I implied otherwise - that wasn't what I meant. There will always be calls that people don't like, sometimes several in a row. But as an official I would think you'd conduct yourself in a manner to support the guys out there on the floor.
-
Referees berating other referees
Gotcha. I couldn't hear a whole lot in that first one over the crowd. Heard some folks riding the crew on the second game. Either way, I think the officials in either game did a fine job in the environment. Both games were top notch last night.
-
Referees berating other referees
IMO -Officials should support one another. Those guys called plenty last night. Gallatin was at the line 40 times. Not sure what else could have been called.
-
Gallatin County 75 Simon Kenton 71 (8th Region Quarterfinals)
Congratulations to Gallatin. Good luck to you Friday. Hard earned victory. Still love the Pioneers. Good group of young men. The 3 Seniors Hickey, Krohman, and Lair played their hearts out tonight. Wish they could have got one more W. Underclassmen will be back to the Roy next year with some good experience
-
Gallatin County/Simon Kenton Updates (8th Region Quarterfinals)
GC 62 SK 59 2:30 left
-
Oldham County 51 Collins 50 (OT) (8th Region Quarterfinals)
I wondered that too. Every thing seemed to happen verrrry slowly. Heck of a shot.
-
Oldham County/Collins updates
No dog in the fight either on this one.
-
Oldham County/Collins updates
I've been here 10 minutes and get the same feeling.
-
8th Region Tournament Draw
Wow. 5400 Never been to Henry but plan to make the trip tomorrow. Looking forward to it based on what I am hearing.
-
Simon Kenton 87 Williamstown 55 (32nd District Semifinals)
SK was up 3 at the half. They began pulling away in the 3rd. I want to say the lead was in the teens at the start of the 4th.
-
Walton-Verona 62 Simon Kenton 52 (32nd District Finals)
WV is a nice team with good size. Only thing I would be concerned about going into regional is free throw shooting. Looked at the box score from last night and they were 19-31 for 61percent. Further investigated and for the year they are 60 percent. If they get in a tight game, that could be a concern. I'm not from WV so don't know anything about the coaching, etc - but seeing them last night and in the previous game against SK, I can say they are a good team with few weaknesses. The 8th is going to be a good tournament.
-
29th District Finals - Oldham County / South Oldham predictions
South Oldham on the home court.
-
Gallatin County 76 Henry County 55 (31st District Championship)
I think there is at least 6 teams capable of winning the 8th.
-
Walton-Verona 62 Simon Kenton 52 (32nd District Finals)
I believe he did. I think Bonne was the one out for that game.
-
Walton-Verona 62 Simon Kenton 52 (32nd District Finals)
I was very impressed with Pardee last night. All around good player. He created a lot of his opportunities with good off the ball movement and Miles was able to connect with him on cuts. Miles is a good passer. His length helps a lot with that, but he does see the open guys and connects with them
-
Gallatin County 76 Henry County 55 (31st District Championship)
Gallatin is probably the hottest team out there right now. Seems like everyone on this team is capable of dropping 20 pts on any given night.
-
Walton-Verona 62 Simon Kenton 52 (32nd District Finals)
It seemed like WV doubled whoever brought the ball up the floor once they crossed half court. I agree it was a good game plan and executed well. WV played good defense and SK didn't get many uncontested shots. They deserved the win tonight. Would love to see a rematch in regional.
-
What will be the best district final Thursday in NKY?
I was thinking the same. Two big physical guys going head to head.
-
Simon Kenton 87 Williamstown 55 (32nd District Semifinals)
He was dressed and warmed up tonight but did not play.