Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

One Great Scorer

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by One Great Scorer

  1. Maysville has the most Region championships of any school in the state, and they’ve been closed for almost 30 years. Mason County athletics should be very thankful they absorbed Maysville High School.
  2. He got let go. Sure he won district champions in a bad district with 3 All A schools, Augusta, St Pat, and Bracken County. Bracken County winning district in 2012 and 2015. I think Mason County has severely underachieved with Posey as the head coach. Having two Division 1 pitchers and not winning a game in the region, and getting swept by Bracken County in 2015 isn't acceptable for Mason County standards. Coaching for 7 seasons and won only one game in the region, with over 20 kids going to play college baseball.
  3. Did he de-commit from Morehead State to go to UL?
  4. Will Newton be making any changes to his coaching staff?
  5. Vote to seed. I know that the past two coaches at Augusta have wanted to seed, I don’t know what Newton thinks. My problem is that if a basketball coach wants to seed, he shouldn’t be stopped by his administration.
  6. I don’t see them going back to winning 2-3 games a season reality. I see them winning 7+ games this year with a potential to win district.
  7. They bring back the main parts on offense, but lose almost all their offensive line
  8. He is Athletic Director so he could make the choice
  9. I wonder if Roger Newton is a fan of seeding
  10. Augusta got some good middle school transfers last year too. Not the first time this has happened at Augusta
  11. Augusta had a few good kids transfer from other schools last year in middle school who. Seems like this happens a lot at Augusta
  12. I’ve talked to Augusta people who are upset about this hire. They wanted Adam Reed. I think Augusta should be glad that they got someone with boys head coaching experience at East Jessimine, LCA, and Nicholas County. He did an ok job with the Nicholas County teams I watched. Augusta needed a PE teacher, and an AD. They weren’t going to hire an assistant coach like Adam Reed. Adam does a great job with player development and knows the game well. But there’s a lot more that goes into being a head coach than just on the floor. You have to worry about grades, discipline, fundraising, scheduling, parents, administrators, that assistants don’t do. I think their assistants are good assistants and would serve better as assistants. So I think this is a good move by Augusta, getting a coach, AD, and PE teacher with experience.
  13. Article by Todd Kelsch, gives a small update on the unofficial announcement augustachronicle
  14. Assuming he will serve as PE Teacher and Athletic Director. Former AD at Greenup, Boys coach at Nicholas, and girls coach at Bath County.
  15. Hasn’t been officially announced, however Coach Newton’s Twitter banner has Augusta’s gym, Confirmed by online blog “Augusta Chronicle”
  16. Can confirm that Rodger Newton will be the next coach at Augusta.
  17. Pretty big enrollment numbers too. St X has 1,300 kids to chose from. Highlands has 500. Baseball is a numbers game
  18. Rodger Newton. 99% sure. Offered him the job and I don’t think he is going to turn it down.
  19. Usually always announce coaches on a Friday afternoon. Thought today would be the once. Another week we shall wait
  20. The 2A Classic is soon to do the same thing. Maybe my opinions will change on the State being classified after the 2A baseball takes place. This is for schools from 500-1000 enrollment.
  21. I think Roger Newton is the top candidate
  22. Yes. Will be playing them in a GBDH on December 15th at home

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.