Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

One Great Scorer

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by One Great Scorer

  1. Lol you don’t talk to him everyday. He won’t even apply.
  2. I think Augusta’s only real option is a PE teacher. I don’t know if there’s are any other open jobs. Unless they decide to promote one of their assistant coaches.
  3. Mason County said they had about 30-35 applicants for the job.
  4. You can go ahead and mark Jason Hinson off. I’m sure it would be brought up in this thread at some point. Talked to him today and he is excited for the future at Bracken County.
  5. I think Zach Irvine should be a front-runner. Son of Don Irvine who coached at Augusta. Also could fill a vacant PE spot.
  6. Brian Kirk leaves to Mason County
  7. Most of those kids transferred from Mason County to Augusta last year and year before. Do they go back Mason? And easy on the top 5-10 in the state comment.
  8. Lol at least I got the person right. Only 3 days off from when I thought they would announce. Might as well start an “Open Job: Augusta” thread.
  9. Holding kids back so they are 19 playing basketball is an Elliott County tradition.
  10. Being told by people from inside both programs Brian Kirk is the new coach. They are waiting for Augusta to get out of school (May 25) for the official announcement.
  11. I remember seeing a Morehead State scout (or a guy wearing a Morehead polo writing stuff down) sitting behind me during the regional tournament game vs. Paris.
  12. Or until Augusta gets out of school.
  13. Doubt he was ever considered.
  14. Coach will be named next week.
  15. Will be getting a new scoreboard and other improvements made that aren’t 100% confirmed. The Athletic Director is doing a great job for our kids in all sports!
  16. Robbie Graham did apply and was interviewed. Also was offered the job, however Mason County was not able to give him what he asked for. So next in line was a PE teacher who be Kirk, Sizemore, or Wright in that order.
  17. Still keep hearing Robbie Graham’s name. It’s either going to be Kirk, Sizemore, Wright, or Graham.
  18. Where have you been? When was the last time someone was offered the Mason County job and actually had to think about it? And I have talked to Hinson, and he has always told me he wants Bracken County to be the place he spends the rest of his coaching career. He went to school there and his kids go there. Like I said with Kirk I will say about Hinson. It’s hard getting a coach to leave their Alma mater.
  19. The biggest loss for Bracken is losing most of their offensive line. Also losing some other peices on offense. However they still retain RB Tad Fisher and QB Trey Brausch.
  20. It is standard that all assistant coaches get let go from the staff whenever there is a new coach, it's up to the new coach to bring them back. It is not standard to fire an assistant coach from their teaching position. And I truly, truly hope Mason County did not fire a PE Teacher to make room for a new coach, or I will lose what respect I had left for them.
  21. This was something that was needed for a very long time. However, football will be getting a new scoreboard next year from what I have been told, and do have other improvements in the beginning stages.
  22. Hearing that the top 3 candidates are: Brian Kirk - Augusta Steve Wright - South Laurel->Southwestern->Assitant at Transylvania Brad Sizemore - North Laurel Mason County pink slipped a PE teacher that was on Mason County’s staff. Kirk and Wright are both PE teachers. Sizemore is PE and Special Ed teacher.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.