Mason County hires Brian Kirk

A good hire, just a surprise, to me anyway. Would be interesting to see who actually interviewed for the job instead of the rumors. There were some names mentioned that I liked, but don't know if they even interviewed. Probably Coach Kirk's dream job, even though Augusta will be Number 2 in the district next year and the future Panthers are coming

Congrats on a very credible hire and intelligent play by the school board. Lay off the guy and let him do his job. I would anticipate those MaCo kids that went down the road to Augusta to be heading back within the next few years.

Now MaCo needs to sit back and let this guy do what he needs to do with this program.

The interview pool was very competitive and TBH those names will come out in the coming months. In the meantime, know this is the right hire.

Congrats on a very credible hire and intelligent play by the school board. Lay off the guy and let him do his job. I would anticipate those MaCo kids that went down the road to Augusta to be heading back within the next few years.

Now MaCo needs to sit back and let this guy do what he needs to do with this program.

The interview pool was very competitive and TBH those names will come out in the coming months. In the meantime, know this is the right hire.

No way

Great hire by Mason County. We needed someone who will stay long term and get some stability in the program. Never say never about some of those kids coming back. I heard some wanted to play football so you never know.

Great hire by Mason County. We needed someone who will stay long term and get some stability in the program. Never say never about some of those kids coming back. I heard some wanted to play football so you never know.

Do you know MaCo's summer schedule?

With Coach Biggs or a new Coach, still have MaCo at #4 in the region. Coach Kirk may be able to Coach them past GRC, but the Northern Kentucky behemoth is another story

Not #4 by any measure. Middle of pack in region realistically, even though first in their weak district.