Everything posted by footballlife360
-
3A #2 Desales vs. 5A Cooper Predictions/Updates
I will take the team that is showing improvement every week... Cooper. They travel well. For example GRC last year in the 1st round of the playoffs. Its a business trip. Close battle for sure and look forward to the results.
-
Cooper 36 Campbell County 0
There is no question 28 Tye has talent. Runs well and can get up field. Cooper is blessed with several guys that can run the ball. Multiple weapons out of the backfield can make for several different looks which will cause defenses some problems.
-
Cooper 36 Campbell County 0
Win is a win. Wasn’t pretty but I will take a shut out every time! There should have been 2 more scores in the first half. Yes, it’s easy to say that but Cooper killed at least 2 drives with either flags or turnovers. Against good teams, you can’t make those type of mistakes. The offense looked better. There is talent on this team. They have not found the right combination of 11 yet to move the ball for a sustained offensive drive. Good to see 21 get a shot running the ball. Defense... it all starts up front. When the D-Line demands a double team on the guys up front it becomes a numbers game. Someone behind the D-Line will be free. Glad to see a previous thread recognize this D-line. Time to give them props. #72 Dominic Rulli - Junior #62 Adam Sand - Soph #53 Tyron Chipwelong - Senior Each week is showing improvements. This is a grind and Cooper is moving this in the right direction. Great win. Clean up the mistakes on offense and this team has a fighting chance. Play your game Cooper no matter who the opponent is.
-
Ryle 20 Cooper 16
Not the best game by either team. I love a good defensive battle for sure. Cooper's defense is for real. Hard to tell about Ryle's due to how poor Cooper's offense was. 3 games in and Cooper is still trying to find its way. They need to find a way to get first downs, ball control and grind it. Move the chains. I believe the majority of touchdowns by Cooper this season have come on big plays. England is a work horse. I enjoyed watching him move the ball. Not a top year, as of yet, for either team. There is time to straighten this out, but it needs to happen soon.
-
Cooper 13 Newport Central Catholic 7
From MaxPreps #72 D. Rulli C, DE Jr. 6-3 255 #53 T. Chipwelong DT, G Sr. 5-10 240 #62 A. Sand T, T, DE So. 6-1 200
- 2019 Preseason KY Defensive Lineman Rankings
-
Cooper 13 Newport Central Catholic 7
In my earlier post I pointed out how strong the defense looks. NCC had no answer for 72 Dominic Rulli. Roster says he is just a junior. He will be fun to watch all year. The defense is keeping them in games and one could argue winning games. The offense will have to improve. I'm not giving any credit to the offense at all - yet. If they find the way to move the ball … first downs and longer drives while still keeping the deep big play threat … they will be a force. Curious, you mentioned a 2 man show. What two?
-
Cooper 13 Newport Central Catholic 7
I certainly see running through the district and being a major contender in the State. Beechwood isn't the team they have been. NCC's line is well above average. That is both Oline and Dline. NCC has talent in the skill positions as well. Ranked number 5 in 1A is a great place to be. Beating Campbell County and going toe to toe with Cooper will only make them better. I stick by what I said and I look forward to watching them this season.
-
Cooper 13 Newport Central Catholic 7
If NCC doesn’t run through 1A there is a problem. NCC played a good game. Let’s put this into perspective though. Cooper’s offense hasn’t even come out of the blocks yet. If and when Cooper gets the offense going, they can cause problems for many teams on this schedule. What is going to be interesting is when everyone doubles up Lee and then they realize there are several other weapons available. Cooper defense is playing well. Better tackling and some more physical play from guys and they will be a real force to deal with. NCC will have a great season. They battled Friday night. Best of luck to both teams.
-
Dixie Heights 35 George Rogers Clark 12
Congrats Dixie. Some big boys in GRC land. Their OLine has been consistently big. I don’t know what this year looks like but I believe they got most of their Oline back. Dixie is for real.
-
Cooper 13 Newport Central Catholic 7
Wasn't pretty, but its a win. Defense for Cooper was effective. 7 points in 8 quarters of football. This defense starts up front. 72, 53, 62 battle. I read in a thread earlier this week that it was predicted that NCC's Oline would take care of Cooper's Dline. That was not the case. No answer for Cooper 72. The 3 d-lineman open things up for the 8 behind them. Impressive. Offense is sputtering but showed life in the second half. Again, the trenches belonged to Cooper.
-
Jeremiah Lee
I learned a long time ago that college football recruiters that know anything about the game and/or a player don't use a forum like this to recruit. It's their job to know about the players, and they do based on what is on film. This is chatter. Fun and useful to the parents but not the people making the decisions at the next level. Hard work, attending camps and having film is the path forward. Talented kid and his game (and film) will do all of the talking.
-
Cooper 7 Dixie Heights 0
I love the chatter about this. Bottom line is that it is a calculated risk taken by the coaches at Cooper. They believe moving Lee around will force defenses to react vs leaving him in a position. I see the argument from both perspectives. That is why the game is played. Coopers best 11 vs Dixie's, NCC etc. Let's not forget that Warth connected with Smith for a 65 yard TD. Maybe moving Lee around opens up other weapons. Seems like it. futurecoach I agree with you that Dixie is an improved team over last year. QB is good and a threat. Defensively they were aggressive and flew to the ball. There should be more credit to Cooper's defense... all 11. from the battle up from the battle up front that Cooper won which allowed everyone else to do their jobs. Fundamental football. Everyone must do their job.
-
Cooper 7 Dixie Heights 0
Congrats to Cooper on the win. Home opener with a packed house. It wasn't always pretty but it was a win and that is what counts. Defense played well. 53 and 72 made Dixie Oline work but Dixie couldnt contain them. Offense has tremendous potential with multiple weapons. They will work out the offense and it will be fun to watch.
-
NKY Power Rankings: Pre-Season
It is interesting how the Beechwood/Cooper scrimmage went last week. I have to assume that both teams held some things back, but basic fundamental football had Cooper ahead in offense and defense. Yes Lee had 3 TD's as a receiver, never saw him in any other position on offense. One would think he will see other offensive positions. Cooper won the line of scrimmage all night both offensively and defensively. 72 and 53 for Cooper are a lot to handle. I think Beechwood would agree. I would have to give Cooper the advantage coming out of that scrimmage. Of course, it is a scrimmage and doesn't matter at all. This Friday is when it counts. Lets see what happens then.
-
Cooper/Beechwood (Scrimmage) Updates
Yes a few contributors are missing. The RB has great potential, fun to watch him develop. What I believe to be true is there are some upper classman that are also running backs who were real good over the past couple years. I have to assume they are ready to play as well.
-
Cooper/Beechwood (Scrimmage) Updates
Cooper improved over last weeks performance at Scott. The team is coming together. There is some potential with this group. Cooper won the line of scrimmage all night. Impressed with the Oline and Dline. Lee in a different spot adds another dimension to this team. Young QB looked good, just needs the reps. There is talent on this team.
-
Who are the top quarterbacks in KY in 2019?
I understand and agree that size is his only issue but only at QB. He is most likely at QB because is a play maker. His future at the next level will be possibly at a different position. Defense, special teams, slot guy... He has a lot to offer.
-
Frederick Douglass' Walker Parks at The Opening Finals
Parks has tremendous ability. It would have been nice to keep him in KY, bit I am a fan of this kid. I can't wait to see him when he puts the weight on. He is probably 270, 275 now. Wait until he is 290 - 300 of muscle. No ceiling for him at all. Fun to watch.
-
Who are the top quarterbacks in KY in 2019?
Jeremiah Lee from Cooper High School. He is a threat on the field. Tremendous speed and can throw it...
-
Who are the top offensive linemen in KY in 2019?
One name I am not seeing on the list is a player I have been watching from Cooper High School in Union KY. Dominic Rulli, starter both ways last year as a sophomore. I know he has been getting some visits and attention from several schools. I also know he has camped at UC, Clemson, North Texas, Purdue, ISU to name a few. He will be a handful this year. Cooper has several players in multiple positions that will make an impact in NKY this year.
-
5A offseason discussion thread
Cooper Conner Boone County Highlands Cov Catholic That is a powerful and challenging district in 5A. I expect to see some real "battles" in Northern KY. This will be an exciting year. Highlands and Cov Cath will battle, but there will be some surprises from Cooper/Conner/Boone Co. Cooper is maturing. They have played some young guys the past couple years. They have great potential with "The General" and an O line anchored by Dominic Rulli. Could be some surprises coming. Boone has a new Head Coach and I hear a lot of excitement has been generated. They have some talent on that roster. I wouldn't take Boone lightly at all. They have something to prove. Can't wait for August.
-
Cooper - 2019 Schedule
I agree with you KY Outsider. It is a very challenging district. Lets see what Cooper is made of. They have been playing young guys for the past two years. Hopefully that has seasoned them and they are ready. It really needs to happen in the off season. That will dictate how they perform on Fridays.
-
Madison Southern - 2019 Schedule
Excited to see Mad South this year. #52 Jackson is getting a lot of attention and offers are starting to roll in. He is a player and expected to have a great senior season. I look forward watching him at his craft.
-
Cooper - 2019 Schedule
Lee is a player, you are correct. I hear they are working more this off season than in prior seasons. A lot of talent working with purpose. That will make for an interesting season.