Cooper 7 Dixie Heights 0

Congrats to Cooper on the win. Home opener with a packed house. It wasn't always pretty but it was a win and that is what counts. Defense played well. 53 and 72 made Dixie Oline work but Dixie couldnt contain them. Offense has tremendous potential with multiple weapons. They will work out the offense and it will be fun to watch.

Congrats to Cooper on the win. Home opener with a packed house. It wasn't always pretty but it was a win and that is what counts. Defense played well. 53 and 72 made Dixie Oline work but Dixie couldnt contain them. Offense has tremendous potential with multiple weapons. They will work out the offense and it will be fun to watch.

I agree Dixies O-Line struggled in the run game, but it gave their QB all day to throw. A defensive slug fest that Cooper has to be happy they came out on top in. Dixie relied heavily in the running game on their QB who is an absolute monster. Dixie killed a lot of their own momentum with costly penalties and untimely turnovers. That false start on the third and one from the 1yd line, and the fumble immediately after on 4th was a dagger. Coopers offense looks like it's a two man show but it's just enough to keep the chains moving and their defense showed up when it counted.

Cooper probably should move Lee back to QB so he’s not just a receiver. With him in the back field the defense has to worry about him taking off. Warth did fine but he isn’t the run threat that Lee is and doesn’t have as big an arm. The offense would be more explosive and not as predictable with Lee at QB. Just MHO.

Cooper probably should move Lee back to QB so he’s not just a receiver. With him in the back field the defense has to worry about him taking off. Warth did fine but he isn’t the run threat that Lee is and doesn’t have as big an arm. The offense would be more explosive and not as predictable with Lee at QB. Just MHO.

Thanks for your thoughts here. I haven't seen Cooper yet this year but when I heard he moved to WR I wondered how having him touch the ball fewer times would be a positive, unless the new QB was already a finished product.

Congrats to Coach Borchers, his staff, and the players!

Speaking of staff, someone mentioned Cooper's defense earlier, I heard there is a new but very familiar face on the defensive side of the ball, no?

Thanks for your thoughts here. I haven't seen Cooper yet this year but when I heard he moved to WR I wondered how having him touch the ball fewer times would be a positive, unless the new QB was already a finished product.

Speaking of staff, someone mentioned Cooper's defense earlier, I heard there is a new but very familiar face on the defensive side of the ball, no?

Hmmm I’m not sure. I know a couple of my good friends are still on staff but as far as new additions, I’m in the dark!

Making a big mistake if the kid can get him the ball good if not you messing your season up trying to get the prototype qb we don't do that in ATL an I am a coach.

If you’re a coach you’d also know that going to message boards bashing another coach is typically frowned upon...

If you’re a coach you’d also know that going to message boards bashing another coach is typically frowned upon...

And when you come onto this forum and violate this part of Rule 2 it gets you suspended:

Do not comment on the manner in which another member has posted, or any violations you find in their posts. Such public remarks will be considered a violation under this rule.

===========

Stick to the games/issues, not each other.

I seen a few Cooper games last year, and now this year. Imo Cooper was a lot more predictable last season. This year I have seen Cooper use many different formations and plays already. Which will give teams a lot more to prepare for, while also still having to prepare to find away to stop Lee because Cooper is using him in a lot of different ways. Like last night he still had a few plays at qb too. So imo they are a lot less predictable now. Not to mention not having Lee play QB allows him to stay fresher to play on everything else. It also honestly will keep him healthier, because him being at QB and getting hit all the time makes the chance of injury higher. Which caused him to miss a few games last season.

It seems like some of the people who are questioning it. Are people who really haven't seen the sophomore Drew Warth play yet. Drew Warth is going to end up being one of the top QBs in NKY by the time his career is done and most likely sooner than later. I think people will eventually see soon why he is now at QB. Warth is going to be one of the top qbs in Nky, and Lee is still going to still be one of the top players in NKY doing a little bit of everything. So I think let the season play out, and people will see it was a good change for all involved.

One thing I think discounted here that people will also see. Is that Dixie is going to be a pretty good defensive team this year. Imo the talk of this game should be how good both defenses played.

I love the chatter about this. Bottom line is that it is a calculated risk taken by the coaches at Cooper. They believe moving Lee around will force defenses to react vs leaving him in a position. I see the argument from both perspectives. That is why the game is played. Coopers best 11 vs Dixie's, NCC etc.

Let's not forget that Warth connected with Smith for a 65 yard TD. Maybe moving Lee around opens up other weapons. Seems like it.

futurecoach I agree with you that Dixie is an improved team over last year. QB is good and a threat. Defensively they were aggressive and flew to the ball.

There should be more credit to Cooper's defense... all 11. from the battle up from the battle up front that Cooper won which allowed everyone else to do their jobs. Fundamental football. Everyone must do their job.