Everything posted by HSBballfan24
-
Grant County 70 Ryle 60
I think if you look at the previous two seasons, Ryle and Grant had split their head to head matchups. Ryle is 26-38 over those two seasons and Grant was 23-37. I think this game just speaks to the mediocrity of both programs. Ryle unfortunately doesn't have as many cupcakes on their schedule as Grant County does and will probably come out worse for wear. This was a W that the Raiders definitely needed because after tonight against Villa their going to be hard to find. Also of note, Grant County and Ryle have combined for 3 winning seasons over the last 5 and 2 of those belong to Grant County. Neither one has won a district since 2015 and Ryle is the only one to see the region since. Grant County is 62-88 over the last 5 seasons, Ryle is 56-90. Think these two programs are on similar trajectories.
-
Campbell County 79 Lloyd 42 (Scrimmage)
Both of those events are invite only. Which means maybe it isn't Campbell County's choice to play in those events you mentioned. I'm surprised KOB hasn't invited them considering their success but it seems like they go with teams that have Division I players over a successful TEAM. Although, the KOB did go with Spencer County this year so maybe I'm wrong. But, history has shown it to be more the way I described.
-
Northern Kentucky Basketball Coaches Association - Preseason Top 10 Teams and Players
It’s the same argument you’ll get from SK critics. It’s the biggest school in the 9th region. Their biggest competition is Cooper and the lack of developing talent is inexcusable. Both Simon and Ryle should have won a region in the last 15 years and they haven’t. The last 5 at Ryle, while they may have made it to region a few times, have been terrible basketball to watch.
-
Holmes 2018/2019
There’s no one at Holmes that fits that description. Last year they had 9 seniors and only 1 junior played and that was the little guard Pouncy.
-
Newport 69 Pendleton County 66 (Scrimmage)
What do you mean go at it?
-
Holmes 2018/2019
Compete...yes. I think Holmes is definitely able to compete the problem will be if they can score enough to win.
-
Holmes 2018/2019
Sorry but I have a hard time taking that much good from a scrimmage against a bad Ludlow team that lost 2 of their top 3 players off a 6-21 season. Holmes will play hard but lack of experience and scoring will be hard to overcome.
-
Tahj Harding is transferring back to Newport
Not bitter. Just saying you have kids who were committed to the school and working hard together and now a kid is coming back only because he has to.
-
Tahj Harding is transferring back to Newport
No KHSAA won’t have anything to say about eligibility. He never played for another school. This is similar to when the kid transferred back to Harrison County after being ruled ineligible at Scott County.
-
Holmes 2018/2019
Forget the region, the district alone is tough to get it right.
-
Tahj Harding is transferring back to Newport
The school doesn’t care and no way their coach will do anything. Kids get to do whatever they want.
-
Highlands 2018/2019
Wow. Hope it works out for him. Another one to Lloyd? Or NCC?
-
Highlands 2018/2019
Since when?
-
2018 Boys Basketball Scrimmages
Conner v. Oldham on a Sunday?
-
Open Job: Holmes
Okay
-
Open Job: Holmes
Any news on this?
-
Gallatin County 72 Simon Kenton 69 (8th Region Quarter-Finals)
I wasn't there but from my 20+ years in the area, I knew that it was won on the sideline. This was either going to be a game where SK's talent just took over or GC's game strategy won it for them. SK doesn't make very good adjustments and seem to lack the capacity to win in big games.
-
Gallatin County 72 Simon Kenton 69 (8th Region Quarter-Finals)
Great job by Jon Jones led Gallatin. If I had to guess, SK talent>GC talent. Game won on the sidelines.
-
9th Region Tournament Field
I think Snapp does a good job. I think he needs to schedule a little tougher to get his team ready for the region tournament though.
-
BluegrassPreps.com - 2018 8th Region Tournament Preview
May have been 4th best for a few years. Lol
-
BluegrassPreps.com - 2018 8th Region Tournament Preview
He’s still the 2nd best coach in the 32nd behind Brannen.
-
BluegrassPreps.com - 2018 8th Region Tournament Preview
Only 1 of the last 5
-
BluegrassPreps.com - 2018 8th Region Tournament Preview
So, are you saying that's good? Is Steiner a lifer at SK?
-
BluegrassPreps.com - 2018 8th Region Tournament Preview
Is Steiner under any pressure at SK? Just curious. I remember when they were moved to the 8th they were supposed to dominate the region. I don't think they've met those expectations.
-
Open Job: Holmes
Who are you thinking will be in the running to fill your alma mater’s opening?