Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 2018/2019

Featured Replies

  • Replies 31
  • Views 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot believe this has been on here for over a week and no comments. The key to a successful season will revolve around the health of Ben Sisson. If he stays healthy all year then they have a chance to make the region tourney this year. Sam Vinson returns after breaking on the scene late last year as a frosh. Alex Starkey should be another solid contributor, but needs to be more consistent. Roberts, Ahfeld, Leigh and Hegge should also see major minutes.

 

Another year with quite a few football guys who are expected to be major contributors could lead to some early season struggles. Schedule has been ramped up in comparison to past years.

I cannot believe this has been on here for over a week and no comments. The key to a successful season will revolve around the health of Ben Sisson. If he stays healthy all year then they have a chance to make the region tourney this year. Sam Vinson returns after breaking on the scene late last year as a frosh. Alex Starkey should be another solid contributor, but needs to be more consistent. Roberts, Ahfeld, Leigh and Hegge should also see major minutes.

 

Another year with quite a few football guys who are expected to be major contributors could lead to some early season struggles. Schedule has been ramped up in comparison to past years.

 

You make no mention of Macke. I saw in Prep Hoops that he accepted an offer to play at WVU.

 

But I have to be honest, even though the story suggested so, I dont recall him playing for Highlands. I thought he was pulled from Highlands to go to Holy Cross so maybe the story is wrong.

 

Regardless, I dont recall hearing his name or seeing him play as a Junior so i was curious about the whole offer from Huggy. WVU is a big time program so one would expect to see a recruit's name mentioned ...

You make no mention of Macke. I saw in Prep Hoops that he accepted an offer to play at WVU.

 

But I have to be honest, even though the story suggested so, I dont recall him playing for Highlands. I thought he was pulled from Highlands to go to Holy Cross so maybe the story is wrong.

 

Regardless, I dont recall hearing his name or seeing him play as a Junior so i was curious about the whole offer from Huggy. WVU is a big time program so one would expect to see a recruit's name mentioned ...

 

Believe the offer at WVU is an offer to be a walk-on. Favor from one old friend (Huggins) to another (Macke's mother). With that said, Macke should help Highlands this season. He played at Holy Cross as a sophomore, but went back to Highlands and KHSAA made him sit out a year.

As Sisson goes, so will go highlands. I believe they’ll be competitive all season, but they’ll need Big Ben to make a run. He is very strong inside,and the young man is a leader. Highlands guards are strong and experienced. All of these kids will play hard. Could be Listermans best year as a Bluebird.

Believe the offer at WVU is an offer to be a walk-on. Favor from one old friend (Huggins) to another (Macke's mother). With that said, Macke should help Highlands this season. He played at Holy Cross as a sophomore, but went back to Highlands and KHSAA made him sit out a year.

 

Spencer Macke is no longer on Highlands basketball team.

Spencer Macke is no longer on Highlands basketball team.

 

Since when?

Boy, this didn't take long to get out. Need to stay positive, and play with what they have. Time to move on ! Go Birds.

Boy, this didn't take long to get out. Need to stay positive, and play with what they have. Time to move on ! Go Birds.

 

With social media, these things get out pretty quickly.

Understood, that's not what I meant.

With social media, these things get out pretty quickly.

 

Did he transfer again or is he still enrolled at Highlands and just off the team?

 

I think this is really all people want to know.

I have been told that he is transferring to another school so that the can "play".

 

Wow. Hope it works out for him. Another one to Lloyd? Or NCC?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.