Everything posted by Volxtile
-
BluegrassPreps.com Class 5A Football Rankings (10/10)
Interesting, can we throw out Bowling Green’s loss to Boyle County? They seem to be a new team after the Father Ryan game. I’m just kidding, I do see it as a talking point at least. The SW - HHS game can be seen in the same light as the BG - NH game, at least in some way as the teams have changed.
-
BluegrassPreps.com Class 5A Football Rankings (10/10)
If CovCath beats Highlands by much less than South Warren did, I feel like there’s an argument for Bowling Green to be made for BG at #2 and Cov Cath at #3. Regards to Woodford, their schedule is just unbelievably lackluster. They remind me of Norte Dame in the CFP, sorry Notre Dame fans.
-
Greenwood at Bowling Green Predictions/Updates
Close for a half then BG pulls away. I’ll go with 36-7
-
Past KY Teams that NOBODY this year could beat
I played on the 2016 BG team so I think I’m a bit biased on that one. I think it would’ve been a great game.
-
Past KY Teams that NOBODY this year could beat
Speaking of 2016, 2016 Trinity was also unbelievably talented.
-
Past KY Teams that NOBODY this year could beat
I’d say 2015 Male could be added to that list.
-
BluegrassPreps.com Class 5A Football Rankings (10/3)
More major cities, although I’m not sure of their exact populations. Nashville, Memphis, Knoxville, Chattanooga.
-
BluegrassPreps.com Class 5A Football Rankings (10/3)
Winning is great, but I believe that playing such an easy schedule is a massive detriment in the playoffs. Especially coming against the likes of CCH, BG and SW who all play harder schedules and know how it is to battle through 4 quarters.
-
BluegrassPreps.com Class 5A Football Rankings (10/3)
I very much agree with everything said in this post, that would be the order I’d rank them in as well.
-
South Warren at Bowling Green Predictions/Updates
It’s simply factual, I actually complimented their SOS in the past years. I played on the BG teams that didn’t get to play SW, it got quite tiring hearing how good SW was but they wouldn’t drive 10 minutes to play. Also, let’s not act like South Warren wasn’t filled with talent from the surrounding schools. Considering the school took many Greenwood and Warren Central kids. They even won a state championship in 2015, I think they were ready to “dive in” by then. To each their own, I will never like Richpond Highschool and clearly you don’t like Bowling Green. I guess that’s what makes a rivalry.
-
South Warren at Bowling Green Predictions/Updates
I guess you can call them shots, but they’re factual statements. South Warren’s SOS was quite awful in the past, they’ve picked it up. They refused to play BG until they had to anyways, would’ve loved to running clock them in 2016??♂️
-
BluegrassPreps.com Class 5A Football Rankings (9/26)
1. FD 2. CCH 3. BG 4. SW 5. WC Woodford’s best win is Franklin County, and the only true test on their schedule is Simon Kenton. They very well could be great, but their SOS is subpar. Opponents have a combined record of 10-20 and an average rating of -0.9 according to calpreps. To put it in perspective, CCH’s SOS rating is a 23.2, BG’s is 9.9 and SW’s is 15.5. FD’s is 4.7, but they’ve won by very convincing margins. Even with that statement, I think the top 5 or even 6 are all very close to each other. I ranked BG ahead of SW because I feel they’ve gained a lot of momentum recently. That’s just my opinion though, and that’s the great thing about this forum.
-
Warren Central at Warren East Predictions/Updates
Bold statement.
-
Bowling Green 46 Father Ryan (TN) 45
That was an outstanding game to watch.
-
Bowling Green at Father Ryan (TN) Predictions/Updates
Call preps says: FR 34 BG 27 Should be a good game.
-
BluegrassPreps.com Class 5A Football Rankings (9/19)
I know, it was only fun because our team won. It is quite the atmosphere.
-
BluegrassPreps.com Class 5A Football Rankings (9/19)
I thought playing there was quite fun.
-
Gibson Southern (IN) 28 South Warren 24
How many years did SW refuse to schedule BG?
-
Bowling Green vs. St. Xavier Predictions/Updates
Man these referees love throwing flags, no matter the team.
-
Bowling Green vs. St. Xavier Predictions/Updates
I think both, I also haven’t watched X at all this year.
-
Bowling Green vs. St. Xavier Predictions/Updates
The X defense is amazing, I mean they draw so many penalties.
-
South Warren 36 Bowling Green 7
They have not, the motivation is normally that you don’t want to be the first team to lose to Greenwood. Should be a decent game this year.
-
Bowling Green at South Warren Predictions/Updates
Just for fun. BG wins in 2 OT as SW misses extra point. BG - 7 SW - 6 2 OT
-
Father Ryan (TN) 38 Bowling Green 14
As much as I want BG to win state every year, I’m not upset about a down year once or twice every 10 years. The future should be very bright for the purples.
-
Hopkinsville at Bowling Green Predictions/Updates
As I was typing this, Kibawa took one 50+ to the house and the running clock has started. 38-0 BG.