Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BluegrassPreps.com Class 5A Football Rankings (9/26)

Featured Replies

Class 5A

1. Frederick Douglass vs. Grant County 

2. Woodford County at West Jessamine 

3. South Warren at #5 Bowling Green 

4. Covington Catholic at Boone County 

5. Bowling Green vs. #3 South Warren 

6. Southwestern at North Laurel

7. Owensboro at Muhlenberg County (9/29)

8. Pulaski County at South Laurel 

9. Highlands at Conner

10. Greenwood at Christian County (9/29)

Well, wouldya looky there. A Greenwood sighting.

26 minutes ago, Hearsay said:

Well, wouldya looky there. A Greenwood sighting.

We are 6 games into the season and Greenwood has yet to even play a 5A or 6A school.

15 minutes ago, Killowatt59 said:

We are 6 games into the season and Greenwood has yet to even play a 5A or 6A school.

Perhaps, but they've beaten top-ranked 4A and 3A schools and lost to the #2 ranked 3A school on a last play hail mary.  I know what I saw.

49 minutes ago, Hearsay said:

Perhaps, but they've beaten top-ranked 4A and 3A schools and lost to the #2 ranked 3A school on a last play hail mary.  I know what I saw.

Reminds me of one of my favorite lines from KPAX:

I don't know what I believe, Mark...but I know what I saw.

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Reminds me of one of my favorite lines from KPAX:

I don't know what I believe, Mark...but I know what I saw.

Or, the late SCOTUS Justice Potter Stewart, on what is obscenity, "I can't define it, but I know it when I see it."

1. FD

2. CCH

3. BG

4. SW

5. WC

 

Woodford’s best win is Franklin County, and the only true test on their schedule is Simon Kenton.  They very well could be great, but their SOS is subpar.  Opponents have a combined record of 10-20 and an average rating of -0.9 according to calpreps.  To put it in perspective, CCH’s SOS rating is a 23.2, BG’s is 9.9 and SW’s is 15.5.  FD’s is 4.7, but they’ve won by very convincing margins.

 

Even with that statement, I think the top 5 or even 6 are all very close to each other.  I ranked BG ahead of SW because I feel they’ve gained a lot of momentum recently.  That’s just my opinion though, and that’s the great thing about this forum.

North Laurel is a lot better than people think. They may still finish third in their district, but I genuinely believe they are a top 10 team. 

 

Woodford VS. SK will tell us a lot about the Yellow Jackets.

34 minutes ago, WishboneCity said:

North Laurel is a lot better than people think. They may still finish third in their district, but I genuinely believe they are a top 10 team. 

 

Woodford VS. SK will tell us a lot about the Yellow Jackets.

Why is SK generally mentioned as a litmus test for opponents? 

Greenwood is 9 & 10 for TP94.

Edited by theguru

5 minutes ago, Devils Fan said:

Greenwood is 9 & 10 for TP94.

Thanks for catch that DF! Deleted the prior one and corrected it here.

@teeroy & @Tigerpride94, I'm doing one of these for each of the 6 classes if you're interested to compare your products, haha.

BluegrassPreps TP94 Teeroy AP Poll
1 Douglass 1 Douglass 1 Douglass 1 Douglass
2 Woodford Co. 2 South Warren 2 Woodford Co. 2 Woodford Co.
3 South Warren 3 Cov Cath 3 South Warren T3 Bowling Green
4 Cov Cath 4 Woodford Co. 4 Cov Cath T3 Cov Cath
5 Bowling Green 5 Highlands 5 Bowling Green 5 South Warren
6 Southwestern 6 Bowling Green   6 Southwestern
7 Owensboro 7 Southwestern   7 Scott Co.
8 Pulaski Co. 8 Pulaski Co.   8 Pulaski Co.
9 Highlands 9 Greenwood   9 Highlands
10 Greenwood 10 Fairdale   10 Greenwood
8 hours ago, Hungover_in_Andover said:

Why is SK generally mentioned as a litmus test for opponents? 

In this scenario it’s the best team on Woodford’s schedule imo + SK has played 2 teams in the 5A top ten at the moment.

For mine:  6 Southwestern, 7 Pulaski County, 8 Greenwood, 9 Owensboro 10 North Laurel

20 hours ago, WishboneCity said:

In this scenario it’s the best team on Woodford’s schedule imo + SK has played 2 teams in the 5A top ten at the moment.

Gotcha. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.