Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Larry Linville

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Larry Linville

  1. Would be interesting to see how the hardcore X folks accept a former Trinity coach to lead the program.
  2. It does get pretty old hearing the whining every year. How is it that surrounding states public schools are able to compete with private schools? Maybe instead of demanding that the private schools do something different to accommodate the public schools, the public schools should take a look at themselves and ask what can they do to become more competitive.
  3. Because they're from Kentucky. How about if the public schools step up their game? The large public schools in the states you mentioned don't have a problem being competitive with their private school counterparts. But I guess it's easier to lower the bar then to raise it.
  4. Trinity's last loss was to Male in the regional championship 2015. They lost on a missed extra point after scoring a TD to get within 1 in the waning seconds of the game. That was Male's undefeated championship team.
  5. I always laugh when I see comments that say anyone can win at . Completely untrue, ask St. X. It's like coaches at successful programs get no credit for what they are able to accomplish. I'm not saying that Beatty is the ONLY coach who could have won 13 titles in 18 seasons, but I'd love to know who else could have.
  6. Doss is the best of the 6th.
  7. Yes some do, or at least did. Many years ago I saw a team being presented rings and a banner being hung in their gym declaring them state champions after winning the girls All A. The coach was an acquaintance so when I asked him about it he justified it by saying it's a state tournament, they won it therefore they are state champions.
  8. Even though Trinity would benefit from this more times then not I'm still opposed to it unless a way can be determined to do the seeding that takes all the variables of KY footfall into account. Out of state opponents have to be factored in. Does a win by Trinity over Champagnat Catholic carry the same or more weight then a Simon Kenton win over CAL? How quickly was a running clock achieved in a game and did the winning coach immediately sub out his top players?
  9. What is an offer? An overblown and over hyped expression from a school that they will give a player a scholarship to play for them, that just like a commitment from a player is non-binding and can be withdrawn if a better option comes along.
  10. Trinity's schedule will mirror last years reversing home/away. The only exception is the game with Champagnat Catholic. That was a one off game. No idea who they will be replaced with.
  11. I for one hope not. Scheduling is already tricky enough.
  12. In looking at your 6A prediction I tried my best to find something I didn't like about it but I couldn't. I like going back to 3 4 team districts for Metro Louisville and I like that the "power" is spread out. I really like Male and Manual being in different districts. They could now go back to what used to be the traditional last game of their seasons.
  13. That has to be just a plot of where the schools are located. Look at 6A. There are 2 2 team districts in NKY, 2 3 team districts (Lex and Central KY), 1 4 team district (Lex), a 5 teamer (east Louisville), a 6 teamer (west KY) and 1 with 7 teams (west Louisville).
  14. Over-reaction? The first time in the 71 year history of the event that it has been canceled due to weather.
  15. With as many OOS teams as Trinity has been forced to schedule in recent years whatever formula they use needs to take that into consideration. As big a hit as Trinity’s Lit Rating took when their 4th string game up a TD to JTown proves this. and I still feel like if they are going to seed this they need to seed the whole thing.
  16. I assume those won't happen until after the requests to play up are decided and the final alignment is made.
  17. Don't like this if they aren't going to seed the whole thing. What if the 2 best teams in the state are in the same region?
  18. In Jefferson County if school is canceled so are all extra curricular activities, including sports activities (practices and games) at JCPS schools. Private schools can make their own call.
  19. Looking at the poll results and who voted how has be wondering something. Can the people that voted maybe (including 2 that I believe are private school fans) tell us what circumstances would make you say this?
  20. Any school in the state, public or private, can opt to take students from anywhere they choose and they would be eligible for sports. Any limitations are put in place by individual school systems not the KHSAA. Private schools are bound by exactly the same KHSAA rules as public schools are.
  21. He shouldn’t, at least based on KHSAA transfer rules, because it’s my understanding his family relocated to Louisville.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.