Everything posted by NKYnation
- Covington Catholic 63 Holmes 36 (35th District Semifinals)
-
35th District Tourney @ Beechwood
If Holmes plays to their potential, I'll take them by 3-4 points. Although it will seem a bit different not seeing a Holmes-CCH matchup for a trip to Rupp Arena. I'll take Beechwood with the home court advantage victory, and I'll take Holmes in the district final. I would love to see Holmes string together some quality wins, but I don't see the consistency forming. Best of luck to all 4 teams.
-
Holmes 62 Conner 56
Actually Walter he really didn't stuff the stat line. Englemon, Moore, and Arnold tore it up tonight. interested to see the box
-
Holy Cross 67 Dixie Heights 58
Yes, I seen that. Thought recovery was a month! Thanks! Good to see him out there for the red colonels. They'll need him Friday night!
-
Holy Cross 67 Dixie Heights 58
Brolley broke his hand mid January. Is expected to miss a month
-
Holmes 71 Campbell County 66 (OT)
I'm going to be the one who mentions it. It was nice to see Miller back on the court after an early season injury that sidelined him a few games. He had a solid minutes and has a very nice basketball IQ. Seemed cool and collected down the stretch even though he missed a few big shots. Moore had a solid game. Arnold got hot after a cool start. McClendon played fantastic, once again. Only one game he has scored less than 20, and that was a 20 point victory against Lloyd. Wilson is very good, but got close to none touches in the overtime period. Fun game to watch. Can't wait to watch the Dawgs play Cooper tomorrow. Should be a low scoring game, as those games typically are. Best of luck to both teams!
-
NKY Allstar teams?
Arnold from Holmes got snubbed big time. Besides the teams success he still put up big time numbers. Should at least be second team offense.
-
Bishop Brossart @ Holmes 12/8
I personally think this game could go either way. Brossart opened up with 2 solid wins, against two solid teams. Should be a close one, but if Holmes executes offensively, I'll take them by 8. If they can't find the basket I think Brossart can pull it out.
-
Bishop Brossart @ Holmes 12/8
Who wins this game, and why?
-
Holmes at Henry Clay Predictions (12/1)
It's going to be interesting to see how the Holmes team plays together. The defense will be solid, but scoring could become an issue. I'll take my Dawgs in a low scoring scrap fest.
-
NCC vs Dixie
Did Rivera score last night? I watched him one time, and that was against Holmes. Even though Holmes defense had his number the whole game and caused a lot of frustration, eventually leading to a card, he still managed to put one through the net. His physical presence was known on the field. He appeared to be pretty quick to me, especially for his size. Does anyone have his class?
-
Bourbon County 2 Bishop Brossart 0
I watched Brossart play Cov Cath at Soccerama. They appeared to me as a legitimate threat to win their region, as well as make a run at state. If I remember correctly, Cov Cath gave them problems when it came to depth, but that was about it. I enjoyed watching this team play, and would have liked to see them make a big time run! Best of luck to Bourbon County
-
4A #6 Scott at Holmes
I agree with you one hundred percent. I believe Scott is the better team, but will they fire all cylinders, have already won the district? I don't see why they wouldn't, but it is a possibility. I think the score has potential to be close, with maybe a Holmes victory. Is it a longshot that they win? I believe so. I think Holmes needs to make a statement on the first offensive drive to set the tone. Arnold may have problems with Scott's defense.
-
4A #6 Scott at Holmes
I believe that Scott will win this one, but if you look at the scores, Scott beat Mason County 43-7 and Holmes beat them 41-6. If the Holmes team that played against Mason County shows up I wouldn't be shocked if this wasn't a huge upset. It is also senior night, so they're playing with a chip for sure! Good luck to both teams.
-
District 35
I believe Cov Cath will beat up on Holy Cross as well. They had a decent crowd last night, and they were playing Holmes. With no football game tonight I'd look for there to be a decent crowd, but we will see. Day will cause problems for sure, as he is one of the best play makers I have seen this season. I say 8-0 Cov Cath. Could be a bit closer, maybe 5-0. Best of luck to both teams.
-
Lloyd @ Newport Central Catholic Predictions
I'm going to say Smith has a field day, and will be the difference in this game. 35-14 Breds
-
Holmes/Mason County Predictions 10/16
This hits the spot. I'm going to go with my Dawgs 21-7, but I don't know how much I want them to take that trip. Even if they some how surprise Scott on senior night, they'd have a date in Ashland. They're looking at running clock with either of those teams. Back to this game, it is homecoming, so the crowd should be a factor. I believe Mason County will have a hard time slowing down Arnold, and I believe he will cause many issues. Best of luck to both teams.
-
Holmes/CovLat Predictions (35th District 1st Round)
I'll go with my Dawgs, 8-0 in this one.
-
Holmes 3 Dixie Heights 1
Also forgot to add that Thomas Brockhoff held his own today after a rough patch to start the game. He won a lot of 50-50 balls and became a force. He used a size as his advantage and it played out well. Can I add that neither of the Lemus brothers played? Both of them are offensive forces, and Josh may be the best scorer on the team.
-
Holmes 3 Dixie Heights 1
Yes he is a junior!
-
Holmes 3 Dixie Heights 1
Agree with your statement about Carter. Kid has turned into a solid goalie, and by what I have heard, he's had no soccer experience before last year. #16, Jamar Yewitt has been huge for the dogs recently. Scored game winning goal against Mason, scored twice against CovLat, and scored again today. He is one of the fastest players I've seen all year. If he continues to work, he can be a stud.
-
Holmes 3 Dixie Heights 1
Honestly, Holmes played as if they wanted it more. They played with aggression. Brockhoff had an unbelievable flying header to prevent a shot late in the second half. Sort of an example of the heart.
-
Holmes 3 Dixie Heights 1
Holmes tempo was incredible. They played better than they have all season. Potentially a win that shows the program is on the rise. I expect big things out of this team in the next 2-3 years. Still very young
-
Holmes Vs Dixie 10/10/15
Who wins this one, and why?