Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bourbon County 2 Bishop Brossart 0

Featured Replies

I have no details.......In Maher rankings of Region 10, BB is number 2 and Bourbon number 5.

 

Any details.

How did this happen, did BB just look past this match and play there reserves.

BBHS 98% poss. 30 shots 0 goals. Bourbon 2% poss. 2 shots 2 goals. it only counts when the ball goes over the goal line under the cross bar.

How did this happen, did BB just look past this match and play there reserves.

I too have no details, but am surprised at the outcome.

Tough way for our guys to go out. Finish 12-3-4.

How did this happen, did BB just look past this match and play there reserves.

 

I had to do a double take and make sure I was in the BOYS soccer forum. This is pretty surprising in my opinion.

I have seen Bourbon county this year and they have a pretty solid team on defense with a couple quick kids up top and if you came in taken them lightly I can see this result.

Brossart had one starter out on defense and one reserve out. Despite injury you still have to play, next man up. Bourbon Co. Played tough defensively and packed the box but the Mustangs couldn't find the goal. The ball only reached across mid field a couple of times, but Bourbon made the most of their chances. Although it's disappointing, Brossart was district champs and their freshman won the regional. Good luck next year!

I watched Brossart play Cov Cath at Soccerama. They appeared to me as a legitimate threat to win their region, as well as make a run at state. If I remember correctly, Cov Cath gave them problems when it came to depth, but that was about it. I enjoyed watching this team play, and would have liked to see them make a big time run! Best of luck to Bourbon County

  • Author

Good luck to Brossart next year, but CCH at Soccerama played a split squad and at no time were even half of the starters on the field together......so Soccerama isn't a good judge. I'm sure Brossart played different formations as well

Surprised by this.... I thought that the Regional Championship was going to be a match between MoCo and BB.

Surprised by this.... I thought that the Regional Championship was going to be a match between MoCo and BB.

 

Yellow Card,

 

I am predicting a Campbell V Bourbon final with Campbell moving on.

BBHS 98% poss. 30 shots 0 goals. Bourbon 2% poss. 2 shots 2 goals. it only counts when the ball goes over the goal line under the cross bar.

Watched 2nd half of this one. Brossart was killed by the terrible field conditions at Sharp Middle (Pendleton Co home field). Brossart kids could not get a good foot on the ball anywheres, especially around the goal, so no really good hits out of those 30 shots on goal. Goalie for Bourbon didn't have to work really hard to get the saves, but he did get a work out.

Score was Bourbon 1 - 0 Brossart at half. Second half was 90% Brossart attack and one breakaway by Bourbon for goal 2. Bourbon has a center back with a really good kick, sending the ball 2/3 the field for his team at times.

 

Brossart relies on possession, precision passing and coordinated attacks to score. They have had trouble finding the net against Campbell in 2 games (only ones I have seen Brossart play), with 2 goals on 17 shots in game 1 and 1 goal on 13 shots in game 2, all on fast turf. the poor grass field at regionals did not let them use their strengths at all, with their quick kicks and firm passes bouncing just about anywhere except where they were directed. Most of the shots I saw were hit of the top of the foot or the shin due to the ball bouncing unexpectedly. The only really good passing attack they managed to maintain was off of headers (which Brossart is really good at).

 

Hand it to Bourbon, their defense was solid and thick enough to keep Brossart from any good looks in close. And their fans have the most outstanding enthusiasm I've ever seen/heard.

 

I can only say I'm glad my kid/team wouldn't have to face Brossart again in the regionals, if they make it past MoCo thursday.

Yellow Card,

 

I am predicting a Campbell V Bourbon final with Campbell moving on.

Me Too! GO CAMELS!

 

Bourbon 4 - 0 Pendleton

Campbell 3 - 2 MoCo

Campbell 4 - 2 Bourbon (based on earlier season result)

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.