Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKYFootballer

Standard Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by NKYFootballer

  1. This is the first ever match-up between the two schools. It will be the re-opening of Tom Ellis Field, so there will be a lot of excitement in the air. Brossart is coming off a win vs Dayton and this will be Holmes first game of the 2017 season. Who wins and why?
  2. East- Chase Keller- Brossart, Austin Rice-Dixie I am not sure about the west but from what I overheard, Coopers QB and possibly Holy Cross QB maybe somebody can confirm
  3. All Star game is tonight, 7:30 at Dixie, anybody planning on going out to watch?
  4. My dad also graduated from NCC in 1984. 3 of the seniors on Brossart's football team this year dads graduated in 1984. Derek Schadler, Matt Blank, and my brother Jake
  5. Bishop Brossart- Jake Martin, Chase Keller, Derek Schadler, Matt Blank, Kory Quitter
  6. I went through the camp circuit with my brother last year. My advice go to the camps that are hosted by colleges. Whether your son wants to go D1, D2, D3, or NAIA go to as many of these as you have room for in the budget but also space them out, DO NOT do one everyday of the week your son will get wore out and not perform up to par towards the end of the week. You want to go to these camps atleast the summer after their freshman year. As to specific camps to go to I would recommend going to mostly D1 camps to start out because besides the host school there are 5-10 other college coaches there ranging from all levels evaluating. Once you get in contact with coaches you can probably focus in on what camps to attend. Like at one of the camps my brother went to was hosted by a D1 school, he got in contact with a coach from D2 school who saw him at the camp and then went to the D2 schools camp. Unless you invited to the prestigious Nike, UA, or Rivals camps I would stay away from the third party camps. Only one I would recommend is the Best of the Midwest. My brother went to 2 NUC camps and they were useless just took our $50 or whatever it was.
  7. Nathan Bezold and Mason Dennis both Sophomores in 2016 from Brossart. Nate and Mason was entered into Brossart's starting defense half way through last season. I look for both to be leaders on the defensive side of the ball this year. Also I look for Tyler MacDonald a sophomore in 2016 to lead the Mustang offense at QB this year, he is fun to watch and he gave the fans a little taste when he came in vs Bracken last year and scored 2 rushing TDs.
  8. Yes, he is one of the good guys. I met him when he coached the 7th/8th grade team at Sts. Peter and Paul in 04/05 (maybe) I was in 6th grade and never got to play for him but he still knows my name and speaks to me when he refs games I coach in. He is one heck of a coach and a great guy!
  9. Does anybody have any information about how the Best of the Midwest went yesterday in Indy? What all KY guys went? I went last year with my brother and it was a great experience. One of the better combines to go to in my opinion besides the invite only combines Rivals, Nike or 247's.
  10. He is very quick and one of the fastest players I have seen and also one of the most athletic. He starts on the basketball team and is one of the fastest runners on the track team. Brossart had a balanced attack last year. Keller had a few options to throw to last year and was also very good running the ball. Donnelly is also the first Brossart player to ever have a kick return for a TD and also the first to have a punt return for a TD also. I expect him to have another successful season this year. Being a former player for Brossart who was on the first varsity team in 2007 its very uplifting to see the program take off to the successful level we thought it could when we started
  11. Bryce Donnelly-Brossart 33 catches, 862 yards, 16 td
  12. This is awesome. I was an intern under Tom Ellis, Jr, so I saw first hand the fundraising they did. Also I hear Brossart is Holmes home opener on the new field this year.
  13. I saw a tweet from Josh Moore from the Herald Leader saying the AP hasn't began final balloting yet, he said probably by mid January.
  14. I wanted to give a shout out to Jake Martin from Bishop Brossart. He is my brother so I wanted to brag on him a bit. He finished his great career from Brossart with two playoff appearances and kept the program alive along with his class of seniors and the class of 2015 and 2016. He was a 4 year varsity starter on defense and offense. Career Stats 334 Tackles 33 Sacks 48 Additional Tackles for Loss 16 Forced Fumbles 5 Fumble Recoveries Senior Year Highlights - Jake Martin highlights - Hudl
  15. I found it on the CJ website. KFCA names top players, coaches in each district | | USA Today High School Sports
  16. Nathan Bezold- Bishop Brossart Didn't start in the first 3 games of the season, but emerged in week 4 due to injures. He was a starter on both sides of the ball the rest of the season. Linebacker -100 tackles -6 TFL -4 Forced Fumbles -2 Fumble Recoveries -Had 13 solo tackles in a game Fullback 44 Rushes/ 222 Yards/ 3 TDs - about 95% of carries/yards were gained on a simple fullback dive 14 Receptions/178 Yards/ 1 TD Heck of a football player, has all the intangibles you look for: heart, leadership, and a hard nosed put you in the dirt player
  17. Jake Martin-Brossart- DL-114 tackles, 13.5 sacks, 15 Tfl, 7 forced fumbles Nolan Verst Brossart 102 Tackles, 1.5 Sacks, 1 Int
  18. Brossart's Defensive Standouts- Through 6 Games Jake Martin- SR DT- 72 Tackles (25 Solo, 47 Assist), 8.5 Sacks, 8 TFL, 2 Forced Fumbles, 2 Fumble Recovery Nolan Verst- SR LB- 64 Tackles (24 Solo, 40 Assist), 1.5 Sacks, 5 TFL, 1 Forced Fumble, 2 Fumble Recovery, 1 INT Nathan Bezold- SO LB- 46 Tackles (15 Solo, 31 Assist), .5 Sacks, 1 TFL, 3 Forced fumbles, 1 Fumble Recovery
  19. D1 QB vs a D1 Linebacker, to me seems like a good match up
  20. Who Wins and Why? Also the game of the week on NKYsports.com
  21. Which team bounces back from their Week 1 Losses? Who do you have and why?
  22. Bryce Donnelly- Brossart- Junior Offense- 4 Rec, 123 Yards, 3 Rec TDS Defense- 2 Interceptions, 2 Tackles
  23. Will this be on Podcast? Or is it only live.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.