Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

STEEL_CURTAIN88

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by STEEL_CURTAIN88

  1. They have alot of tallent in the youth league. But not much in the way of the real feeder system.
  2. I don't think Fairview can score on our 1s. But our offense isn't exactly lighting ups score boards. This one plays out like Greenup, West Carter, and Valley, imo. Raceland has beaten everyone they should have beaten like a drum. But against better competition, have come up short all 3 times. Hopefully the Rams aren't looking past to Paintsville next week. We are no where near good enough to take anyone likely. All things considered... Rams 35 Eagles 7
  3. With Dalton in the game I don't think the touchdown pass to Cornett happens. We missed Dalton greatly on both sides of the game. Hope he is back out when district starts.
  4. Looking at recent history, there's no point in even taking the field when OPEN is in town. Take advantage of a game that means very little, that you know good and well you aren't going to win and rest your starters. Jmo...
  5. Good ball game. But for the 2nd week in a row I left the field scratching my head. Too predictable on offense. We refuse to stretch the field. The scoring drive out of half time was great play calling and it resulted in a TD. Hurry up offense, good mix of runs and a few short passes. The HB pass was a great gutsy call. Outside of that it was the same thing we see every week. Too much tallent, depth and ability on this team to be knocking in being a 500 team. We weren't ready for Ashland. But we should be looking at a 1 loss season, imo. Instead of 3. Got a week off to get healthy and recover. Couldn't come at a better time. Somerset is making strides to get back to where they were in the late 2000s. Depth is holding them back a bit, but they have some serious play makers on the DL. #11 and #1 r some dang good ball players.
  6. Yup. Gives us a better shot at drawing 1 on 1 coverage if they pull a safety up in the box to defend against the run.
  7. It will all be the spread offense and two hand touch in 10 years lol
  8. It's insane. I had a 30 min conversation with 2 hs officials and they hate the call as well, but they have to enforce it. Arms must be extended prior to contact, they did both however, tell me it's primarily judgement call. Either way, it's crazy how much the game continues to change.
  9. I agree 100%. I'd like to see us use the 2 back set more like we did with Denton and Carver or Beach and Snyder a few years ago. Then the Jet sweep becomes more effective as well due to the misdirection the trap creates. Judd was successful last year bc of Bailey hammering off between the tackles. Now he has stepped into that roll and Hunter gives you that different paced back more apt to get around the edge
  10. No one has really been very successful in the way of a passing attack against us. Greenup came in averaging over 200 yds a game and we shut it all down. Portsmouth got us on a few deep balls, but they were all pretty much on broken plays. I think we will play the same balanced defense we have all year and Lewis will make the adjustments he sees fit if need be. My concern is r in coversge, it isn't in stopping g the tun, it's if our offense can sustain drives and finish in the redzone. If we have a multiple three and outs, we have no chance.
  11. I've watched some film on the Jumpers and if the Rams wrap up on defense, they stand a fair shot at being in position to win the ball game. Somerset is a bit deeper, but these teams are nearly mirror images of each other after doing some research. Neither team is a red hot, huge number offense. Neither team is blowing up a scoreboard. Both seem to be looking to find a real continuity or identity offensively. They rely on their defense to flip the field and keep other teams offenses off the field. Somerset has a little more depth it seems. I think this one comes down to turnovers and Raceland's offense vs the Jumpers' Defense. Somerset offense doesn't worry me a such as it did originally. Their defense however seems legit. But that's what many are saying about the Rams right now. Going to be a good night of football this friday!
  12. If Raceland plays a perfect game offensively, doesn't turn the ball over and doesn't allow Somerset to load up the box, Raceland can win this game. I'm just afraid we don't have the horses to run with them on that side of the ball. I hope I am dead wrong, but I am realistic... Jumpers 28 Rams 14
  13. Raceland's defense has done enough to win both games they lost. But in both games the offense sputtered and didn't allow the Rams to take advantage of turnovers or the offense turned it over themselves. If the offense takes better care of the ball against West, we would have won that game by two scores. The defense is there and I know the old saying that defense wins championships, but the offense has to be more consistent. It isn't bad, but it just lacks a consistency in the passing game.
  14. This is a monumental task for Raceland to play this game to even within reason and not get stomped at home, especially after an emotionally tough loss to Portsmouth West. But it's these games, especially back to back, that make you a better football team. Hopefully we can come out with a chip on our shoulder. Somerset sure isn't driving 4 hours for nothing. That's the lone advantage the Rams have at this point. Good luck to both squads. Give a prediction later on. I'm still reeling over last night.
  15. From top to bottom, there is alot of work yet to be done. We are far from being a contender.
  16. I agree. They are all over the other site. In regards to the question in the thread, yes, I think they can. Will they? That remains to be seen of course. As it stands right now, Paintsville is a little more explosive offensively, I believe and both defenses are top notch in their class. The match up this year, imo, will be more grind it out type of game. Right now I give Paintsville and or 2 td edge. But, that hinges on if Daniels gets back in the line up. I'm anxiousness see how Raceland performs against Valley tomorrow night and Somerset next week. That will tell us all more about what Raceland is made of. After those two games, I think we will know what we are going to be able to expect out of this rivalry
  17. Rams by what they want, imo. I think they will be a little flat out of the gate, but will find their stride Rams 35 Indians 7
  18. Beechwood is the clear cut number 1. After that, I think it's anyone's for the taking in the east. Hazard took a big loss woth Smoth going down, but still have atheletes and I'm sure they will be fine come playoff time once they adjust to not having him. Paintsville for my number 3, but I don't think Raceland or Williamsburg are far behind. Both imo, are starting to make a case for themselves as a contender in the east.
  19. Offensively, Williamsburg is more polished and explosive. Raceland is a little more balanced though. Defensively, I give Raceland the edge. They are about the same for me. Raceland has shown they can shutdown the pass and limit the run game. They have also shown they can win without scoring alot of points. What they haven't shown though, is the ability to win in a shoot out. Raceland has played a bit tougher schedule i think. But I'd probably put them about the same. 5 or 6 is fair for either of them. But I don't think either are far behind, if at all, Paintsville.
  20. Fwiw, their jfl numbers haven't been bad from what I can tell and it seems the parents are very involved. They brought a ton with them to the Raceland JFL Orange Bowl. But, who knows how many of those kids will still be there by the time their 7th grade year rolls around.
  21. East finally did what they should have done years ago. Nicholas County did the same thing and it paid off as well. Schedule down with some more competitive games, get the interest back up in the program, sometimes that's what it takes. Glad to see it working out.
  22. This game will be as lopsided as Paintsville wants it to be. No offense to Harlan, they just don't have the horses to keep up with Paintsville. Paintsville 48 Harlan 6
  23. Will be a great atmosphere and packed house as usual. Raceland suprised me against LC. Going to take 4 quarters of football, but I like our special teams and our speed defensively. I look for depth to play an issue going into the 4th quarter, but these young Rams played loose and looked like they were having a lot of fun out there tonight. Going with the Rams in a close one. Rams 35 Tom cats 32

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.