(#2 OH D5) Portsmouth West at (#6 1A) Raceland ..thoughts, predictions

oldrambler

Who wins ?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins ?

• Portsmouth West, OH.
    • Raceland

The #2 ranked team in OH., DV Portsmouth West visits Raceland this week. Ports. West is 4-0 while Raceland is 4-1. This one will be a prime KY. / OH. matchup with an Unbeaten Pots. West team vs. Raceland and it's Orange Crush defense (14 consecutive qtrs. / 0 td's allowed) .

Who wins this matchup between two very good teams ?

OHSAA Division V, Region 19

West is #1 in the region (Harbin points) they are good but I do not believe they are top 10 in D-5. They are good, so I am not taking anything away from them. I expect this to be a war.

Cliche yes, but I think the team who makes the less mistakes wins this game.

I would favor Raceland, with this being a home game.

AP top 10 DIV after 3 weeks

(I was incorrect)

Division V:

1. Pemberville Eastwood - 3-0 (161)

2. Canfield South Range - 3-0 (118)

3. Anna - 3-0 (117)

4. Wheelersburg - 3-0 (109)

4. Liberty Center - 3-0 (109)

6. Gahanna Columbus Academy - 3-0 (81)

7. Chesapeake - 3-0 (78)

8. Genoa Area - 3-0 (63)

9.West Portsmouth - 3-0 (62)

10. Orwell Grand Valley - 3-0 (45)

With my Tomcats on the road at Rowan County this week I'm liking the idea of taking the ten minute drive down to Raceland Friday night. As for a game prediction I'll have to do a little research on Portsmouth West. In years past they usually have a great line, which could cause Raceland issues. I'm sure the Rams line has improved since the Ashland game, but how much they have improved may be a deciding factor in this one. I'll likely be there for this one and I don't have any Raceland gear so if you see a guy wearing maroon don't throw things at him unless it's edible, hamburgers, hot dogs, etc..

Ashland played Portsmouth West back in the mid 2000s and remember making the trip to watch Matt Thomas and company. The things that stick out from that night are the Win and the PA announcer sounded drunk when the game started and by the end of the blowout sounded wasted, and cussing under his breath on the mic. I'll take Raceland 28-14

Edited by TOMCATS1990

AP top 10 DIV after 3 weeks

(I was incorrect)

Division V:

1. Pemberville Eastwood - 3-0 (161)

2. Canfield South Range - 3-0 (118)

3. Anna - 3-0 (117)

4. Wheelersburg - 3-0 (109)

4. Liberty Center - 3-0 (109)

6. Gahanna Columbus Academy - 3-0 (81)

7. Chesapeake - 3-0 (78)

8. Genoa Area - 3-0 (63)

9.West Portsmouth - 3-0 (62)

10. Orwell Grand Valley - 3-0 (45)

Thanks for correcting. A site that I looked at (forgot which one) had PWHS at #2 in Div. 5.

I've watched film and this should be a good game. West looked to me like they wanna try to spread you out and pound you some. Their running game looked pretty solid to me compared to the passing game. I'm not knocking the passing game but quarterback has to buy time to find open receivers. So Raceland will need to get him before one of his two favorite targets gets open and I saw quite a few pass plays where they try to move the pocket.

I've also watched Raceland highlights too and if they don't commit a lot of turnovers and penalties then they win.

But my prediction is Raceland 27 Portsmouth West 13.