Everything posted by STEEL_CURTAIN88
-
Raceland vs. Lucasville Valley (OH) Predictions
Thanks Valley fan. Found out this last family reunion that Spradlin is actually my cousin. Small football world we live in. The info u gave is just sbout what he did. Good luck to u all Friday night, we certainly have our work cut out for us.
-
Raceland vs. Lucasville Valley (OH) Predictions
In the big picture it means nothing. They could have the entire top 22 recruits in the state playing and 100 guys standing on the sideline, we stil gotta play em lol. Im just ready for friday!
-
Raceland vs. Lucasville Valley (OH) Predictions
They dress more than 21. My cousin is on the team and he said its somewhere between 50 and 60 players all together.
-
Raceland vs. Lucasville Valley (OH) Predictions
The maxpreps roster doesnt list anything other than jrs and srs for Valley. My cousin said they dress around 60 when sophs and frosh are dressed on fridays.
-
Bluegrasspreps' Class 1A Rankings 9-14-15
Really the only team I can say I fulky expect to see in BG is Beechwood. I dont look for anyone in the west to go 4 quarters with them. On the east side of the bracket, I still think its Raceland, Pikeville, and Paintsville. Its going to be a major battle to come out of the east. All three play great defense but havent done anything offensively against formidable opponents to prove they are on that next level. And after seeing all three of them play and watching Beechwood online some, I dont think Beechwood's defense is as good as it has been in the past. I think BW has the best over all offense in 1A, bc of their balance. but I think the Rams, BW Paintsville and our other kitty cat in question, the Panthers, are all about even on the defensive side of the ball. 1A playoffs from round 2 on shoukd be fun to watch.
-
Raceland vs. Lucasville Valley (OH) Predictions
They definitely have some good lineman, the Spradlin kid looks like a tough OT. With definite d1 size 6'5" 290 and moves really well. We should find out how much Isaac Wallace has from the DT spot this week. Wanted to give him a shout out. Very proud of that kid. He looks ALOT leaner this year (id say 30lbs lighter or so) and alot quicker. He has worked hard. If he grows another inch or two between now and next season, I could see him being a D1 player.
-
Raceland vs. Lucasville Valley (OH) Predictions
Well i know they have good size upfront, but Coal Grove did to every time we played and we were better. Kind of an interesting thing happened at my family reunion last weekend though. My grandmother's 1st cousin's grandson was with him (not exactly sure how, but in short, the kid is my cousin). He had a Valley football shirt on so we started talking. Now, I am 6'2" and weigh 275 lbs. He dwarfed me by probably 20-30 lbs and was easily 3 or 4 inches taller. Said he is a senior this year and I just kind if started picking his brain, getting some inside scoop lol. According to him their front 5 offensively are within 2 or 3 inches of him in height and withing 30lbs of his 300lb frame with the center being a good bit smaller than them. That being said, thats a massive line. He said there were a few guys getting looks from OU, Akron, Dayton and OSU. Never tooted his own horn though but Said they were a pretty good, but this was their last go at it for his class because they are apparently a senior heavy squad. I asked him about the teams they had played up to this point and he stated they were looking foward to playing a "real football team". So apparently, atleast he respects our program and feels we will put up some fight. Ive watched some hudl highlights and valley has one really tough WR, a big bruising RB/MLB, a very tough looking QB and some good size and mobility upfront but nothing that really blows me away. I figure them to be about like Ashland with a little more size upfront. Its a borderline incoherent rambling on my part lol, but does give a POSSIBLE, shot at how much tallent they actually have, but i just thought Id share it.
-
Bluegrasspreps' Class 1A Rankings 9-14-15
To me, the Pikeville/Paintsville game didnt tell us a heck of a whole lot. Othern than both teams play good defense. But so does Raceland. I dont think either Pville team would fair any better against Ashland than we did, imo, no one in the east has played a team as good as Ashland. Im not sold on anyone of the preseason top teams in the East being any better than the other. Same could be said for Paris and Campbellsville. Not sold on those 2 either.
-
Comparing Mayfield & DeSales: 4 Games In
If the battle is won in the trenches and McCracken man handled MF upfront and still needed an OT to put them away, Idk how much different these teams are.
-
Raceland vs. Lucasville Valley (OH) Predictions
Which is what I expected really. I didnt think we would be as explosive. I expected to avg around 30 pts per game, but knew our defense would be just as good if not better. It has taken our offense longer to gel and our run game hasnt been as strong as I thought it would be, but our passing attack has been weak up to this point. Overall the offense is just inconsistent. From the play calling, on down to execution. But since the West Carter game it hasnt been due to a lack of effort. Its coming along, we will be fine.
-
Raceland vs. Lucasville Valley (OH) Predictions
Anyone know if Nathaniel will be 100% this week? I know he has been hovering around 75-80% since the Ashland game. He looked off last week, was curious if that was a reason and if it is the ankle of the foot he plants with. His throws just didnt Have the same zip and strength they usually have. I think moving foward, Kyle Jamison needs more involved in the offense. He is averaging around 16 yards/catch and most of the time, he is taking a 5 or 10 yard route and his yac gets him 3-5 more. Idk why he isnt being used in the redzone?
-
1A #8 Fairview vs. 4A East Carter Predictions
EC has a history of playing really well against the Eagles. But, they struggled with West Carters speed, they struggled with Raceland's strength and size upfront. Fairview by 21+
-
Raceland vs. Lucasville Valley (OH) Predictions
If our offense gets going, in the words of Denis Green, these boys "ARE...WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE" lol. As physical as we were in week one, the Ashland game made us even more physical, this week should be no different and make us even more physical. Anyone know what kind of height/speed. Alley has at WR?
-
Raceland vs. Lucasville Valley (OH) Predictions
This is going to be a tough out for us this week. Even with a low number roster, Valley doesnt have any shortage of atheletes. Outside of Ashland, this may be the most atheletic team we face. I would like to see us go a little more ground and pound from under center. I think that would set up some nice play action looks in the redzone. I think Bailey Walker and Kyle Jamison both need more touches in the redzone as well. We ABSOLUTELY have to figure something out in goal line situations. By my calculations, we have had about 7, four and out possessions inside the 10 yard line this year. Both the West Carter game and the Greenup games, scores are not indicitive of how the Ram defense dominated the second half of those games. But its getting down to crunch time and we need to figure some things out offensively. I am a Ram through and through and I hope we can come out on the winning end and healthy, bc from now until week 10, its going to be a tough road. If we get our offense clicking I like us buy 7-10. If our offense goes the way it has, I think we lose by 2 late TDs. Its time to put up or shut up, for our offense. Defense is a legit title contender's defense, but our offense hasnt showed the same explosiveness or consistancy.
-
Beechwood 35 Ironton (OH) 19
I wonder the same thing about the Williamsburg Yellowjackets that wear Orange and Black lol
-
Raceland 12 Greenup County 6
Bailey is the over all best back when he doesnt fumble or make silly mistakes. He runs and fights so hard sometimes though, that it seems like he is stiff arming with his free hand, but still trying to push with the arm he is cradling with. But, Kane Snyder has started to look like the Kane we saw last year. I agree that I Black should get a shot with the 1s in some actually game time. What could it hurt? We just seem to be lost offensively at times. Idk what was going on with Nathaniel, he hasnt made bad decisions all year, but last night, he did. He will learn from it though and like I always say, he has a great QB coach in Grizzle and Im sure he gets an earfull when they watch film. Watching our defense last night though, Im confident that we will be in the thick of things no matter what happens with the offense. If we get things lined out offensively, we are the team we all thought we were going to be. We are through our easy part of the schedule by a long shot. Better get things figured out soon.
-
Ironton OH @ Ashland 9-18
Kittens 42 Tiggers 24
-
Ironton OH @ Ashland 9-18
Ironton is big upfront, but with or sith out Paledino, I like Ashland by 3 scores.
-
Beechwood 35 Ironton (OH) 19
Ironton being with out Paledino is a big blow. 5'10" 215-220 think he runs a high 4.3-low 4.4 40yd dash. Very tough RB and a really good DB. He was missed a great deal last night. In all honesty (and i am not an ironton fan by any stretch), he could take a TD or 2 away from BW and in return add a touch down or 2 for Ironton. But, imo, even with a healthy Paledino, BW is still a TD or two better than Ironton.
-
Raceland 12 Greenup County 6
Thats why I have said that we got lucky that our defense played the way it did. Because offensively, we gave Greenup every chance in the world to win this ball game. it was a good ball game by score. By play, it was Raceland's defense that won the game. I am baffled as to why we always come out in our first few possessions, moving the ball like crazy, then go completely foat in the second quarter and just going throuh the motions. Defensively, this team is alive and well, offensively, we still seem to be a bit drab. Kane has looked alot better the last 2 weeks and Bailey Walker has looked pretty good. We gotta get something going offensively.
-
Raceland 12 Greenup County 6
What I am saying is that the turnovers were not really "forced" by a big hit, great play on the ball by a DB, one was a fumbled punt return that hit the player in the chest, the ints were just bad throws (Nathaniel was off tonight, hasnt looked like that all year). Then you have the 3 or 4 blown chances inside the redzone. Now, Greenuo had a little to do with that, BUT, better execution would have led to points. All in all, we left 3 or 4 tds laying on the field. So, thats what I am refering to. Not a knock on anything Greenup did or didnt do, simply stating we shot ourselves in the foot and Greenup did not take advantage of all the chances we gave them.
-
Male 42 Trinity 13
By the hammer of thor!! Never expected this outcome. Have to say, the St X, Trinity, Male teams are always something else to watch. Especially coming from NEKY, watching those teams in the finals, especially the game with Bush/Brohm, are some of my favorite memories of football. Congrats to Male. How long has it been since T, Highlands, and Cov Cath have all lost to so many public schools in one season?
-
Whose rankings do you use when talking high school football?
I am a member here as well as the "other site" as many call it. I think the BGP rankings are much more accurate than any others. They are made by people who see alot more of these games than computers or even a majority of the journalists do. None of them mean anything though, in reality.
-
Raceland 12 Greenup County 6
And if that is indeed the case whoever did it (if they find out), will more than likely get serious repremand for it. Now, we have got to get things straightened out. Nathaniel is not slow, but not a speed demon. Our success running the ball lies in traps and counters. Not ISO not BELLY. Yet we seem to run those two alot more than the others. Nathaniel really just looked off tonight. Got alot of work to do on that side of the ball before next week.
-
Raceland 12 Greenup County 6
We got alot of work to do offensively. Turnovers and dumb penalties made this game much closer than it shoukd have been. Realistically it should have been a 35-6 win. But it wasnt, defense was lights out only giving up 11 yards passing in the second half and kelt gc in the neg rushing. If our offense comes around we will be a tough out. Defense has to get some help and be able to get off the field though.