Everything posted by Stepover
-
Congratulations Bryce Day.....
well deserved!!!!
-
BGP Soccer Roll Call
This made me chuckle. I heard there was one very bitter man that refused to clap for a player as he went to accept his misprinted award. Yet again great display of sportsmanship.
-
Covington Catholic 3 Henry Clay 0
I couldn't agree more. I was taught the only thing worse than a sore loser is a sore winner. I'm glad the boys that won the game on the field have enough class to win and still show good sportsmanship. Be happy you won, why pull a comment out from the past. Again Comgradulatioms Cov Cath.
- Covington Catholic 3 Henry Clay 0
- Covington Catholic 3 Henry Clay 0
- Covington Catholic 3 Henry Clay 0
-
Covington Catholic 3 Henry Clay 0
Yes!!!! very exciting to see them live up to their expectations for the first time ever in CCH history! in all of NKY history at that! Being an all boys private school I can't believe this is the first state title win. However like I said way to represent NKY!!!! comgradulatioms!!!! nothing but positivity in that but I know you would look for something negative of course.
- Covington Catholic 3 Henry Clay 0
-
Henry Clay vs. Cov Cath State Finals Updates
3-0 CCH Lamb scores again
-
Henry Clay vs. Cov Cath State Finals Updates
looks like CCH is double teaming Collin Rose everytime he gets the ball. Smart move. Kid can play
-
Henry Clay vs. Cov Cath State Finals Updates
CCH 2 - HC 0 Just looking at the live updates on my phone. 34 minutes into the first half. Henry Clay has had 8 shots. Cov Cath has had 2. Only matters if it goes in the net though. Keep it up Cov Cath!!!!!
- Henry Clay vs. Covington Catholic State Finals
-
Henry Clay vs. Covington Catholic State Finals
Using this logic I guess you could say Scott proved they are on the same level as Cov Cath this year having tied beat Highlands 1-0 and then CCH beating highlands 1-0 and then going into PKs? My only problem with your statement is that I disagree with you saying CCH was better than Scott last year. Scott beat Trinity last year in the elite 8. Scott was not the better team. They found away to win, but they were not the better team. The assumption that CCH 2015 is better than the 2014 Scott team is wrong too. Atleast when you compare the offensive side. No team will compare to the combination of Morgan, Treadway and Schnieder. CCH had 36 goals against Fern Creek and only scored 5? Treadway, Morgan and Schnieder would have put more of those in.
-
College signings
if you're lucky, you may catch a local D1 coach at a high school game maybe once a year. Unless that coach is extremely interested in a player and they had already contacted eachother. Club is where the top players are recruited by colleges, where they're playing the top competition. Most college coaches could care less about anything being related to high school soccer. Some are even against it, due to chances of injury against first year players.
-
College signings
as for Morgan, if sources are correct he plans to sign Febuary 3rd. Jonathan Huerta - Oldham County is committed to Eastern Illinois University. Jonathan Laise - Kentuxky Country Day is committed to Coastal Carolina University. From what I have heard is that Ricky Clemente from Dunbar has plans to play at Evansville University but hasn't made a commitment yet.
- Cooper vs Covington Catholic
-
Cooper 4 St Henry 2
Just an example to give my reasoning for why this wouldn't be fair to all players is as mentioned, Wends season was cut short. Another example would be Morgan. The goal keeper for Scott recieved a red card directly before the first game of post season, and I think because of that, Morgan's and the rest of the Eagles season was cut short. This isn't me saying I totally disagree or agree with your statement. If this vote would take into account all of the games including post season then I would need to ask how anyone could not have voted for Treadway last season. He IMO is one of the top 3 best forwards to come out of NKY. He carried his team all the way to the state finals last season, scoring a hat trick against Trinity to put them in the final 4, then scoring the lone goal in the final 4 game. Who won OPOY last year? Chris O brien, great player, really helped his team have a good year, but if post season was into account, he couldn't compete because his team wasn't at the level as some of the other teams.
- Covington Catholic vs Highlands predictions....
-
Covington Catholic vs Highlands predictions....
The big question in my head is will Cov Cath choke again? Seems like they always fall short of their expectations. Clearly they are the best team in NKY this year without a doubt. Highlands is no easy draw though, I predict a really close competive game ending in a 1-1 draw regulations and PLs to decide the winner. Good luck to all!!!!
-
District 35
I couldn't agree more. I think Holy Cross will lack any sort of attack, but defensively I think they could keep it closer than what is being predicted. I would think somewhere around 3/4-0 but I do not see a 10-0 score here. Maybe I will be proven wrong but I think it will be closer than what is being expected.
-
Campbell County Vs Scott
Tonight at CC @ 7:30. Could this be an early end to Scotts season with their goalie standing on the sidelines? Scott won this game early in the season 2-1 but if I remember correctly Morgan had 3-5 break aways that he couldn't convert on. If Hegerty and Morgan play good, I say Scott in a close one, but wouldn't be betting on this one.
-
Opoy / Dpoy......you are the tie breaker
I know this is old news but just want to throw this out there. When you look at stats, Morgan had 4 goals against Calvary. This game was 0-0 at half time and Morgan came out and scored 4 in the second half to give his team the win. These obviously weren't easy goals to score for him. I don't think it's fair to say this was weak competition for a weak Scott team. Morgan had to work for those goals.
-
Opoy / Dpoy......you are the tie breaker
OPOY - Morgan DPOY - Darple MVP - Snow I could flip flop Morgan and Snow but I think Morgan was the most dangerous striker this season, next to Snow & Wend.
-
Holmes 3 Dixie Heights 1
Love seeing scores like this, congrats Holmes on a big win! keep on rolling
-
Montgomery County 2 Scott 0
I was at the game and if I was to summarize what happened it would go something like this... I do know the Scott goalie was taunted by the entire bench who felt the need to stand up off the to the end of the field. There were probably 2 coaches along the group of players as well. The goalie and a few field players mentioned this to the ref but nothing was done. They antagonized the goalie the entire game. I think his reaction was just built up frustration over time and while I agree it was completely inappropriate, he was egged on the entire game up until this point and I think the ref should have handled the situation differently before it got to this point.