Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hogg84

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Hogg84

  1. If T has a chink in the armor it is pass defense, Male and Ballard took advantage of that in the first half of there resent games against them. That being said, X runs the ball quite well, but they do not have high numbers passing. T defense against the run is as good as anyone in the state, So based on those differences I have to go with T.
  2. I always felt that Male's close game with T, was an anomaly, because basically 4 plays was the reason Male made that game close. Maybe X proved last night, by stopping Male's long passing game, the 6A powers can beat them.
  3. Sorry, I should say any good team.
  4. Any team can put 71 on J-town.
  5. Since you mention it, what happened to the starting QB?
  6. X showed everyone that T wasn't as good as everyone thought back in 2014, and it did not stop them from winning the 6A title.
  7. Male made that game close, because they connected on the long ball, something X hasn't shown they have in their offensive arsonal especially sinse Roshkowski may be out. We can compare like opponents which there is only one. PRP: score- T 29-10 X 27-17 yards- T 532 PRP 255 X 301 PRP 493 X could have easily lost to PRP, if you go by the huge discrepancy between the yards total. PRP screwed up several scoring opportunities to change that outcome. T, on the other hand, never really was in jeapordy in their game once the took the lead. You can base that in the huge difference in the yards totals. As far as stopping T's running game, Blackburn can throw the ball, he is a pretty good passer. If you want to compare, Bryant Robinson for PRP lit X up for 348 passing yards, I believe Blackburn is a little bit better QB than Robinson.
  8. So the long passes were there even in the second half, but the QB's hand was hurt, and that's why Male lost.
  9. Halftime adjustments were the difference, defense stop the long passes and the offense went to grinding the ball. Male threw the kitchen sink at T in this first match, but I doubt they will get away with that if there is a rematch.
  10. Rocks gave up too many long passes for touchdowns, that can be fixed
  11. Pump the brakes boys, one game at a time
  12. Ok, but I believe I made the point that both schedules are very weak schedules. Actually forget their win totals, they mean nothing considering their cream puff schedules. If they Eastern can beat, or play competative against Ballard, Trinity, or Manual, and the same for Bryan Station against Cooper, Scott Co, Lafayette, and Henry Clay, then I may consider the Christian Academy and Bryan Station wins good.
  13. So there is a possibility one or both team could pull off 5 wins, I guess maybe I should have looked at there schedule before I made that remark. Let me revise my statement. Eastern and Bryan Station are very mediocre 6A teams (just read their preseason reviews on their returning players) both teams have very weak schedules and even with that, they will be lucky to win 5 games. There, is that better?
  14. SK beat X last year in a PRACTICE game last year, and where did that get them?
  15. SK may be good, but if you base their greatness on these two victories you may want to pump the brakes. Cal is a 2A school, and Eastern and Bryan Station are very mediocre 6A teams, (just read their preseason reviews on their returning players) neither team will win 5 games. I still think that side of the playoff bracket is Lafayette's to lose.
  16. It was half time adjustments, and the fact that X is deeper, they just wore Lex Cath down by pounding the line of scrimmage.
  17. That defense is going to be good
  18. Hmmm, where have l heard you say that before?
  19. I guess based on SK loss to Lafayette. The thought is, since the Generals beat SK, they must be better than people think? No, this is going to be a blow out and SK would have got the same treatment. This Male team (the SRs went undefeated as freshman and sophomores) is a nationally ranked team, and the best Kentucky high school football team since the 2011 Trinity team, which was the best Kentucky high school football team ever.
  20. Male and St X were more talented and better than Trinity in the regular season. Trinity won two close hard fought rematches in the playoffs, and may not have won those two if not for the tough schedule.
  21. I love the optimism, and Lafayette has improved, but 70 points to T, a comparable team to Male is hard to look past. Male is loaded at the skilled postion and that's not good against a team like Lafayette who has a porous D. Male has the best D in the state, and who had the 2nd best, T. Also history tells us that schools outside of Louisville have not faired well against talented Louisville teams, and this Male team is ranked 12th nationally. Your chances, not good.
  22. I think it goes both ways, some years talent level and match up win out and some years it's how you prepare your team. I use last year's T team I feel they don't win their 2nd matchup with X and Male if they are not seasoned team. This year on the other hand Male is just the best team in the state. That 13 Scott had only one talented team to get by, Male, and if Scott doesn't block a field goal and run it back for a TD then we may be talking about Male going for their 2nd title in 3 years. All I am saying on some years when there is not any dominate teams it helps to play that tougher schedule sometimes to get you through those tight playoff games. With SK I felt they were the best team on their side of the bracket and if the played a tougher schedule, and were more battle tested, they would be in the finals. In the finals it was always going to be Male or T's championship. The main reason I even criticize SK is because of one poster was tooting their horn all year.
  23. So are you saying SK was not talented? Trinity was not the best team last year, but they were battle tested. I know just because you play a tough schedule doesn't guarantee anything because some teams are just better, but Lafayette on the other hand was not a better team, hell they gave up 70 and 65 to THS and Scott.
  24. They played a weak schedule and had a very easy side of the 6A tournament bracket. If you play a tougher schedule it gets you prepared for tough competition in the tournament. Case in point, 2014 Trinity was 5-5 going into the tournament. They played 7 out of state opponents, and the 3 teams from the super district, do you think that may have prepared for their state championship run?
  25. This game was over before it was played.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.