Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DeSales 41 North Hardin 14

Featured Replies

  • Replies 30
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colts looked good tonight......I like what I saw from the O-line.

Really big score for the Colts.

Very impressive win against a quality 6-A opponent, and the Colts managed to pull it off without the services of their starting QB. It's hard to complain about a game like that, but there were three trips inside the ten yard line where we came away with a total of 6 points. We have to finish those drives come playoff time. Defense looked goooood. NH scored one of their TDs in the closing minute against a prevent defense.

Very impressive win against a quality 6-A opponent, and the Colts managed to pull it off without the services of their starting QB. It's hard to complain about a game like that, but there were three trips inside the ten yard line where we came away with a total of 6 points. We have to finish those drives come playoff time. Defense looked goooood. NH scored one of their TDs in the closing minute against a prevent defense.

 

Was finally able to make it to a NH game. Unfortunately, they hadn't played that way all year. I was very impressed with DeSales' defense!! They made plays all night...that acrobatic pic on the sideline where the kid laid out full extension was pretty ridiculous, should've been on ESPN in all honesty! Your offense was given short field most of the night due to those turnovers...and I'll be quite frank, those refs were awful. There were many drives when NH should've gotten off the field but got hosed by some bad interference calls. I was able to sneak and look at them on video...they were all bad. Most were on plays were DeSales had a loss on the play or it was 3rd and long. They scored on all those drives. Hard to a two opponents at one. You may see it differently though, DD. Your boys flew to the ball and the o line looked very stout against many of our d linemen. NH has to get stronger up front in the off-season.

Of all the classes, 2A is the one most playing above their level.

Very disappointing night for North Hardin. DeSales is top notch but 6A North Hardin needs to be more competitive than that against a 2A school.

Very disappointing night for North Hardin. DeSales is top notch but 6A North Hardin needs to be more competitive than that against a 2A school.

 

North Hardin has to be favored to win their district. With no disrespect intended towards DeSales, a D championship caliber 6A team shouldn't lose this badly to a 2A team, even one as good as DeSales.

Was finally able to make it to a NH game. Unfortunately, they hadn't played that way all year. I was very impressed with DeSales' defense!! They made plays all night...that acrobatic pic on the sideline where the kid laid out full extension was pretty ridiculous, should've been on ESPN in all honesty! Your offense was given short field most of the night due to those turnovers...and I'll be quite frank, those refs were awful. There were many drives when NH should've gotten off the field but got hosed by some bad interference calls. I was able to sneak and look at them on video...they were all bad. Most were on plays were DeSales had a loss on the play or it was 3rd and long. They scored on all those drives. Hard to a two opponents at one. You may see it differently though, DD. Your boys flew to the ball and the o line looked very stout against many of our d linemen. NH has to get stronger up front in the off-season.

 

C'mon man! NH wasn't even competitive. Same story as last year. Second year in a row the Colts rolled them with the backup qb. You said ALL the calls were bad. I was right there field level on 2 off the PI calls, and they were legit. I'm not saying all the calls were good, there were some head scratchers. DeSales just flat out beat NH, just like last year, if we played next Friday you would get the same result.

 

But.......We all know what we have coming in next week. DeSales vs CAL. Game of the year in 2a. We both respect each other, but don't like each other very much. CAL has a great passing game, we have a great secondary. We both have sold D's, I think DeSales has more depth at rb, and overall. I see it coming down to turnovers again.

North Hardin has to be favored to win their district. With no disrespect intended towards DeSales, a D championship caliber 6A team shouldn't lose this badly to a 2A team, even one as good as DeSales.

 

A lot of larger schools are saying that about 2a teams this year.

C'mon man! NH wasn't even competitive. Same story as last year. Second year in a row the Colts rolled them with the backup qb. You said ALL the calls were bad. I was right there field level on 2 off the PI calls, and they were legit. I'm not saying all the calls were good, there were some head scratchers. DeSales just flat out beat NH, just like last year, if we played next Friday you would get the same result.

 

But.......We all know what we have coming in next week. DeSales vs CAL. Game of the year in 2a. We both respect each other, but don't like each other very much. CAL has a great passing game, we have a great secondary. We both have sold D's, I think DeSales has more depth at rb, and overall. I see it coming down to turnovers again.

 

I had the same reaction when reading the same post. Desales beats North Hardin 10 out of 10 games. And I felt the refs were terrible all night particularly on the roughing the kicker call and the personal foul on a clean hit after an interception but all the PI calls were legit. You can't hit guys before the ball gets there or face guard like NH did all night. The NH fans were an interesting bunch also. Enough of that on to CAL!!

A lot of larger schools are saying that about 2a teams this year.

 

I know. I'm not questioning the quality of the 2A schools, rather the quality of the 6A schools.

Was finally able to make it to a NH game. Unfortunately, they hadn't played that way all year. I was very impressed with DeSales' defense!! They made plays all night...that acrobatic pic on the sideline where the kid laid out full extension was pretty ridiculous, should've been on ESPN in all honesty! Your offense was given short field most of the night due to those turnovers...and I'll be quite frank, those refs were awful. There were many drives when NH should've gotten off the field but got hosed by some bad interference calls. I was able to sneak and look at them on video...they were all bad. Most were on plays were DeSales had a loss on the play or it was 3rd and long. They scored on all those drives. Hard to a two opponents at one. You may see it differently though, DD. Your boys flew to the ball and the o line looked very stout against many of our d linemen. NH has to get stronger up front in the off-season.

 

It's ludicrous that a 6A school blames a drubbing by a 2A school on the officials. If not for a match-up with JTown or Seneca in the first round of the playoffs the Hardin/Meade district would be looking at a playoff shutout. In any other district none of these 3 teams would even smell hosting a playoff game.

Very disappointing night for North Hardin. DeSales is top notch but 6A North Hardin needs to be more competitive than that against a 2A school.

 

Agreed! Disappointing indeed.

C'mon man! NH wasn't even competitive. Same story as last year. Second year in a row the Colts rolled them with the backup qb. You said ALL the calls were bad. I was right there field level on 2 off the PI calls, and they were legit. I'm not saying all the calls were good, there were some head scratchers. DeSales just flat out beat NH, just like last year, if we played next Friday you would get the same result.

 

But.......We all know what we have coming in next week. DeSales vs CAL. Game of the year in 2a. We both respect each other, but don't like each other very much. CAL has a great passing game, we have a great secondary. We both have sold D's, I think DeSales has more depth at rb, and overall. I see it coming down to turnovers again.

 

Lol look, I wasn't at the game last year. But I know how to analyze a football game. I gave a lot of love to DeSales, it was earned. But to say those calls were legit is incorrect. To not agree that the refs helped them sustain drives is just being a homer. Plain and simple.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.