Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ballard 71 Jeffersontown 0

Featured Replies

71 is a lot of points.

Ballard will find out how that feels next week.

Any team can put 71 on J-town.

Their season has been really tough, here are the points given up according to KHSAA:

40/9/28/24/38/70/44/42/71

 

A lot of running clocks this season. It wasn't that long ago that they were competing for a Regional Title if my memory serves me right.

Any team can put 71 on J-town.

 

Except Seneca

Except Seneca

 

Sorry, I should say any good team.

Did Ballard really onside kick multiple times again?

Maybe they do every game....some teams prefer to onside kick especially if they don't have a consistent kicker. Just a thought.

Maybe they do every game....some teams prefer to onside kick especially if they don't have a consistent kicker. Just a thought.

 

There is no reason to onside against an outmanned opponent.

Maybe they do every game....some teams prefer to onside kick especially if they don't have a consistent kicker. Just a thought.

 

A school the size of Ballard has to have someone who can kick, even if they have to use a soccer player. Even if you don't have a decent kicker, when you are up that big, just kick it and who cares if it is an awful kick? I have a feeling payback is coming in St. Matthews.

There is no reason to onside against an outmanned opponent.

 

Yes, if it's what you do. We did when I was in high school. We either pooched or onside kicked. Didn't matter who we played. You don't just decide, hey lets kick it deep when you don't cover deep. You don't have to like it, but I am fine with it no matter who you play...if that's what you do, that's what you do. You don't change who you are for who you play, no matter how bad. I dont know the circumstances but if they played all the back ups and they still scored, then that's on Jtown. If they are that bad should they just forfeit? This isn't the first time they gave up 70 this season. They may just be that bad boys.

On another note, I remember watching Bourbon Co. in the early 2000's under Chuke Williams. They onside kicked it every time...up 50 or down 50. I watched them play in Frankfort and they recovered 6 in a row...it didn't matter, the other team knew it was coming. Doesn't Pulaski Academy do something like that? Thought I saw something when they played McCracken about that...but perhaps my age is catching up with me. LOL

Yes, if it's what you do. We did when I was in high school. We either pooched or onside kicked. Didn't matter who we played. You don't just decide, hey lets kick it deep when you don't cover deep. You don't have to like it, but I am fine with it no matter who you play...if that's what you do, that's what you do. You don't change who you are for who you play, no matter how bad. I dont know the circumstances but if they played all the back ups and they still scored, then that's on Jtown. If they are that bad should they just forfeit? This isn't the first time they gave up 70 this season. They may just be that bad boys.

 

Ballard has a kicker. No reason for it. I hope they try it this week. Give Trinity a short field. Less yardage to get to 100.

Ballard has a kicker. No reason for it. I hope they try it this week. Give Trinity a short field. Less yardage to get to 100.

 

Obviously they have to have a kicker...someone has to kick it. Have you seen them play? Do they do it often? That's what I'm getting at. If it's what they do, then it's what they do. Why would they change what they do vs T? I have a buddy who coaches at Jtown...I should just ask him. Lol.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.