Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

daytonfan68

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by daytonfan68

  1. ^^ was coming on to post this. Asher beat me to it.
  2. Lots to feel good about from green/white scrimmage friday night. Some actual depth in the backfield and overall intensity that hasn't been seen around here in years. Needing the season to start ASAP. 2
  3. Boosters raised $18K for new football uniforms; even rivals donating | WKRC Nice story. New unis, 37 kids, looking strong in early practices. Morale is way up. Could be a banner year..
  4. Looking for them to do big things this year. Great point guard in junior Megan Downard. One of the better players in the region that no one has probably heard of. Solid senior class, as well.
  5. Keep an eye on Bracken Co. this year. I see them making a run similar to what Brossart did last year. I put them ahead of Bellevue and Brossart, both of which lost several key players from last year. That's just my take.
  6. Great point ESPN. There is a certain psychology associated with athletics there, particularly in football. I guess lack of winning will do that to a program.
  7. Dayton lost a few good players from last year. But they are returning Adrian Hall and Draven Garcia. Hall is one of the quickest players I have seen in awhile and can finish strong in traffic. Garcia has the ability to score big when he gets hot. They also have Sam Brewer who is one of the scrappier point guards you will find. They all did well in summer ball. Will need help in the middle from some of the football guys. No predictions but we will see how it goes down.
  8. Based on my observations, you seem to right on the money se7ens. They got over the bellevue hump last season. Hopefully they do the same with Ludlow this upsoming season.
  9. They actually have some talent returning, particularly at the guard position. Lack of size and depth, as always, will be an issue.
  10. should have a d in there somewhere. :laugh:
  11. I actually hope that's who they give it to. He did a solid job with the JV last year, seems knowledgeable and is well like by the players and parents.
  12. Be gentle O Great one. 8/19 7:00p Bishop Brossart (Alexandria, KY) Location: Dayton High School 8/26 7:00p Bellevue (Bellevue, KY) Location: Dayton High School Rivalry Game 9/2 7:30p @ Pendleton County (Falmouth, KY) Location: Pendleton County High School 9/9 7:00p @ New Miami (Hamilton, OH) Game Details: JOHN MARA FIELD 9/23 7:00p Bracken County (Brooksville, KY) Game Details: Davis Field 9/30 7:30p @ Eminence (Eminence, KY) Location: Eminence High School 10/7 7:00p @ Ludlow (Ludlow, KY) Game Details: James Rigney Memorial Stadium 10/13 7:00p @ Bellevue (Bellevue, KY) Location: Bellevue High School Rivalry Game 10/21 7:00p Beechwood (Fort Mitchell, KY) Game Details: Davis Field 10/28 7:30p Carroll County (Carrollton, KY) Game Details: Davis Field
  13. Dayton v. Holmes on 7/14, 7 on 7 and Lineman challenge. Starts at 7 at Holmes is what I am being told.
  14. Maybe someone on here has some further details. I was shocked and saddened. I really liked Coach Rogg. They have a solid team returning next season.
  15. Coach Rogg. Great question. I was very surprised.
  16. Add Dayton to the job open list.
  17. Way to early to tell, but they looked pretty good during 2 scrimmages yesterday against St. Patrick and Trimble County, minus a couple key players. If they can get any help from their bigs they should have a solid season.
  18. Saw Barnes throwing shot at the state meet last weekend. Very impressive to say the least. I can see him being extremely difficult to bring down.
  19. I will be pulling for Brossart, too. Except in the discus, of course. Dayton thrower threw 138 in practice yesterday. Bronze would be nice. Nobody beats that Kolb kid. He's a machine.
  20. Quick follow up. My "source" tells me that 45 kids are signed up to play. Most that I have seen in the past 4 years. Of course if form holds true they will be in the mid 20s by end of season, which is still better than past years.
  21. I thought pendleton county was on there somewhere
  22. I will be in the discus area for the 1A meet. Son and daughter both made it.
  23. All of these issues have been discussed for years, at least for the past 15 since I have been around the program. In terms of the "known knowns"; yes they are doing an expansion/renovation to the high school/middle school which I am told will be completed by spring of 2017; they are fielding a team next year; they were able to raise enough money for new (badly needed) uniforms; the kids and coaches are all excited and eager to start the season.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.