Everything posted by All about the Kids
-
Ryle vs Cooper Predictions
I think we should call Dana White (I think that's his name) and hold a UFC MMA event before and at halftime of the game at Cooper on friday. Let all of you settle your debates the real wall face to face. Think it would draw at least 4 more fans to the game!
-
Ryle vs Cooper Predictions
Just an FYI for all you score comparison people. When Ryle played Lex. Cath. at Lex Cath they played agaisnt a young man playing QB who is a D1 athlete weather it be at QB ro whereever they want to play him. Also their D1 tailback was at full strength that night also. I know the QB didnt play against Cooper and the Running back was very limited if played at all. Tough to use their speed on the outside when no one can get them the ball. Comparing scores is tough because you do not know what players played etc. I think I remember last year England nor Bateman played against Cooper. Cole Birch played running back and he is now not seeing the field on the offensive side of the ball until late in games. It will be a good game with two contrasting styles of play. Should be fun for the fans to watch!
-
Bluegrasspreps' Class 6A Rankings 9-28-15
I'm insulted that you acually asked if that was sarcasm. My sports knowledge pride just took a serious shot in its ego!
-
Bluegrasspreps' Class 6A Rankings 9-28-15
All most positive I saw UK#1fan at Palm Beach tan basking in the glow of his self satisfaction(and the spray on tan booth) yesterday! Much needed bye week for SK as they prepare for what is probably one of the toughest upcoming district schedules in the state! The boys and coaches will be recharged and ready to go with UK#1fans support and new tropical look!
-
Simon Kenton 42 Highlands 3
Congrats UK#1fan! Go home get some sleep! You deserve it!
-
Highlands/Simon Kenton Predictions
To follow up on my post yesterday. UK#1fan, Are you ok, weather was good overnight. Did anyone bring you a SUB, or something to drink? A little over 8 hours and the game will be on! Enjoy the day! Enjoy the game. Keep us posted, not going to make it to this one.
-
Highlands/Simon Kenton Predictions
Ok its about 30 hours or so until kick-off for this game...I am assuming UK#1fan is already in his seat, sitting on his hands rocking back and forth eagarly awaiting the coin flip...SK better win that too! Someone take him a SUBWAY, a beverage of his choice, and bucket to releave himself! Maybe deodorant also for the sake of those who will be sitting next to him! Good Luck UK#1fan.... enjoy the game...looking forward for your updates! :popcorn:
-
Ryle 52 Campbell County 7
- Ryle 52 Campbell County 7
Not from here originally. What you say about a player of Tanner Morgan abilities are true. He does make Ryle a different team! That being said, the family brought him back where he grew up, he was gone 2 years. Lets go back in a time machine, I was told back in the day, that Jared Lorenzen was a pretty good QB's at Highlands? Yes? Where did he grow up or live? I heard in the same neighborhood that Scott high school is in. Lets change sports, go to lets say basketball. Scott Draud lived in Erlanger? He make much of a difference for his team? You can go on and on. Good players make a difference, just because they went to school X or school Y it becomes and issue!!!! Come on Man!!!- Ryle 52 Campbell County 7
Well Grey I will agree with you that it takes talent to win. Old saying, "you cant make chicken salad out of chicken poop"! But not all of the players are naturally talented. It takes hard work on their part, hard work on the coaches part, Hard work on the parents part getting jimmy and johnny to practice pretty much all year any more. When you see a change in coaches in any program you often have a period of euphoria that leads up to short term improvement in programs. Now what the new staff does to improve the long term success of a program is what needs to be seen! I remember a high school team i followed back in the 90's that went to the state finals. By the time they got to the semi finals they were on their 6th tailback of the season. He had started the season at nose tackle. It takes a lot of players and depth to make a long run in a season. That team had won 8 straight conference titles, 3 sectional title and two regionals. Big time for a small public school. (different state) I remember it was either 2008 or 2009 that a 1A school up here had more players on their roster than Ryle did(and it wasn't Beechwood). Heck I think Ryle had as many coaches on the sideline as they did players. I think ryle has had a great deal of sucess at the freshman level for a while.....it is starting to pay off in kids believing they can win. If they buy in to a system and win, winning breeds success, success usually breeds numbers and players want to play in that program......* See Highlands for the last how many decades * You can argue all you want about how a program gets successful, but when it does it is a testiment to the efforts of all involved in the program. Give them credit for the success. Wait and see how long it last and if a championship program for the long haul develops. PS- the fact that Tanner Morgan moved in to Ryle has made a difference. I was told he grew up playing with most the boys on the Ryle team. Not sure why he left, but the fact that he is back at Ryle shoould not be a surprise, especially considering the head coach is somewhat known for coaching QB's if im not mistaken.- Ryle 52 Campbell County 7
UFO's anyone....anyone!- What if High School Sports did go to Value Pricing?
To answer your question, you used Trinity, Highlands and Bowling Green as your examples. 3 of the top programs in the state. They have some of the best facilities in the state (Outside of highlands being a little tight on the sidelines). They are also located in three areas that have a very high medium income! Now lets take for example. Dayton, Bellevue and lets say Boone County. All 3 of those schools have passionate fans who love to go to games. there turfs get some much wear and tear at times they can be unsafe to play on! And all three schools are in economically challenged areas per household. They would love to have 100 fans show up using those passes. Spending some money on concessions. Most importantly enjoying a game, rooting on kids who have been busting butt all year. Coaches notice when the stands are full, players do also. IF prices get too high then people will stay away especially in the more rural and economically depressed areas. So why would Trinity, Highlands, and Bowling Green want to use those passes. For the over all betterment of high school sports. In the immortal words of Robin Hood "Sometimes the rich have to give to the Poor". Classic example of this would be when West Virginia under Bobby Bowden allowed Marshalls coaches to come watch their film and use their playbooks during the rebuilding phase of their program! WV could have turned their backs on Marshall, but understood that for the good of the game and for Marshalls coaches and players its better to help someone out vs. turning you back on them. Into todays state of high school football, participation is down. If we can get people in the stands anyway we can, we should do it. Last I checked it cost the same to suit up a player at Trinity as it does a Paris, or Bracken County. There are ways to keep the cost down. People and administrators need to be imaginative. My personal opinion is the more people you can get in your sporting events the better it will be period in the long run.- When Does Highlands Football Rebound, And What Does It Take To Make That Happen?
Don't Poke the Bear!- What if High School Sports did go to Value Pricing?
Come on people! You know why you are paying the higher prices at the gates for football and basketball games! How do you expect the schools to pay for soccer, tennis, cross country, and the other non revenue producing sports! Its politically correct thing. Just like the way the state divides tax revenues for the schools. the revenue producing districts pay for the non revenue ones! I mentioned this in another post. Find a way to help support the team and get in free! Im sure they need help filming, chain crews, split the pot in the stands, anything. Still get to watch the game. I do think that most schools offer blanket sports passes. Maybe someone on here can get the KHSAA ear and see if they would find a way to offer blanket state wide sports passes. Each school get a portion of the profit from the sales! I bet you that would work. And playoffs and tourneys would be seperate or an additional cost! Comments?- Question
My guess is that the coaches know he is going home. Reason isnt important, unless the player gives them an important one. Even though Monday is an off day, Im sure it really isn't. They expect the player to make sure all their duties ( studies, laundry, the basic things college students need to do on a daily or weekly need)that they need to do are done that day. I am also sure they expect scouting reports to be gone over and learned before tuesdays practice. When in season at college level coaches expect priorities to be 1. Team/classes 2. everything else! and often classes are bunched with this . and its a very distant 2.- Ryle 52 Campbell County 7
Not to change the topic.... Did anybody see the UFO fly over Union, then it swung by Independence on its way past Alexandria! I think they were looking for intellengent life.....Evidently it was unsuccessful!- Ryle 52 Campbell County 7
All public schools have cycles in their sports programs. It is just a fact of life. If they do not show that cycle I will be willing to bet that the coach of that particular sport has been there for quite sometime and is considered to be a good to great coach with a lot of respect from his peers. Private schools are a different story. Should have much less of a down swing than public ones do. You all are comparing apples to oranges in this arguement. Just think if Campbell had all the students from Dayton, Highlands, Bellevue, Newport, and even Silver grove to choose from. Wow now look at that talent pool over the years. Just like in Boone you can say "what if" Cooper and Ryle were still one school, or go back further and just say they all went to just Boone County. Look at that talent pool. Didn't even mention Conner yet! You can subject yourselves to all the speculation in the world you want. Coaches and school have the talent they get when the players show up for day 1 of practice! Sometimes they have Players who can get it done sometimes they do not!- Posters Passion for their Teams!
I know that their is nothing more enjoyable for most people on here than to brag about your team or teams that you support! Nothing wrong with that at all, I have done it more than my share also. Some things that I do not think are necessary are the bashing of players/coaches as individuals. All these players and coaches work equally as hard. Someone wins someone will lose. Why dont some of you go to you favorite teams coach or AD, see what you can do to help out! Buy them some gatorade, find out if there is a player with financial hardship that could use some help buying equipment, or buy them dinner after the game! Little things like that go unnoticed to most people but they are huge to a player or coach to see that their efforts are appreciated by the general public not just family and friends. Find out if the coach needs help fund raising(never met one who didnt') maybe ask about running a split the pot at the game, or some other way you can use your energy in a positive way to help out. Use this forum with the guru's permission to help out your program! Start one of those funding raising sites for your team! What ever it is, I am sure the teams players and coaches will appreciate your efforts vs. reading the bashing on here!- Cooper/Simon Kenton Predictions
Gonna be interesting. Cooper will have the best run defense SK has seen to this point. Cooper has to be able to score, not sure what happened against Byran Station, but a goose egg is hard to explain. Powell will be sore after this one if he carries it 25+ thats for sure. Once again I come back to can Cooper score, still confused by the fact they laid a goose egg at Station even though they had been putting up big numbers! that being said I take SK 9-6 in a game of field goals....j/k!- Cooper/Simon Kenton Predictions
Gonna be interesting. Cooper will have the best run defense SK has seen to this point. Cooper has to be able to score, not sure what happened against Byran Station, but a goose egg is hard to explain. Powell will be sore after this one if he carries it 25+ thats for sure. Once again I come back to can Cooper score, still confused by the fact they laid a goose egg at Station even though they had been putting up big numbers! that being said I take SK 9-6 in a game of field goals....j/k!- Ryle vs. Boone County
Boy, I tell ya I think their are a lot of insensitive people on hear. Boone county players and coaches deserve all the respect in the world before, during and after the ames are played...as do all these young men and coaches who put in the hard work that they do! That being said.. I'm sure that Ryle's coaches have told their players to be ready for a battle. ( Never poke a sleeping bear) Over the course of a game the more talented team usually rises to the surface, but they must execute 1st then celebrate 2nd. Always respect your opponents! Most programs at the high school level have experienced down cycles. You dont want to be the team that helps them turn around a season or program!- Simon Kenton/Conner Predictions
I dont post much on hear, but i read everyday! I will say that Simon Kenton looks impressive this early in the season....i have concerns though. Powell has 61 carries in 2 games...that is alot for one player in todays game. I think he was injured for part of the season last year if I remember correctly(i'm sure #1ukfan will corerct me if i am wrong) so you have to be concerned about durability. Also I wouldn't say the defense is stout with giving up close to 30 a game. Coach Marksberry has a program rolling but there are a couple of games I plan on seeing. Cooper and Ryle will give the Pioneers good test before they get to travel to Bowling Green, oh yes I think Highlands in on their schedule also this year. Its a long season! Good luck and stay healthy! :popcorn:- Greatest High School Football player you have ever seen play (In Person)
Well, I haven't been around Kentucky football for a lifetime, but I saw Alexander play, he was a phenom for sure.....I saw Carlos Snow play at Cape, just a monster at that level of football, he punished opponents. Best by far I saw was Roger Craig, Daventport Central, Iowa... We were seniors the same year. We had a bye and our coach told us to cross the river and watch him play.....We were not let down.. He had 9 carries 7 TD's 300 yds. in a rout. He went on to Nebraska and of course the 49ers! What a player.- Are most public schools abandoning their football programs?
The asssistant coaching issue of not being a teacher in the building is nothing new. I have been an assistant for 20+ years at mainly smaller schools and trying to get enough help coaching is difficult period and almost impossible to get them in house. Often in small schools you see the basketball coaches coaching football and vice versa or at least some other sports throughout the year. Paraprofessional coaches have and will likely always be an important part of most coaching staffs. they often do not get paid or if they do it is pennies on the hour. They do it for the love of the sport and to help kids. and in some cases to help their kids. If football is taking a hit in being abandoned it has to do with the insane amount of time coaches and players have to put in. The seasons are too long! there is no off season. I firmly believe that is why injuries are on the rise. The players have little if no time to let their bodies heal and rest. from lifting to conditioning, spring ball, 7-7's, Summer camps, etc etc. its crazy. then throw in if the player is a multi sport athlete, aau etc. Bodies need recovery time not just a day here or there but several days if not weeks. so does the mind. this is my morning rant, but until the length of seasons are addressed the issue of injuries and poor image of the sport will continue to digress!- Is daddy ball back in Union?
I think you are 100% correct about Daddy ball at Ryle! Several of the coaches have either had children in the last year or are about too! DAddy ball at its best! - Ryle 52 Campbell County 7