Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

vansmetal

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by vansmetal

  1. Yes, with Chip at Calvary. I think they enjoyed winning, but couldn't get any one to buy in but very few. Just goes back to that old saying of you can lead a horse to water but can't make him drink (applies here).
  2. I definitely agree. I will add that very few parents and players were on board with the direction the program was going.
  3. Schools regardless if public or private will do what they want. At least thats what I've been exposed to.
  4. No shot, because Scott can always say that they support their coaches which is huge. I hopefully get to see these two teams play this year. Its been awhile since I've seen Scotts pitcher pitch, but she's always been fun to watch.
  5. Good to see Scott on board. Was starting to wonder if they had a team since Scott's coach wouldn't play Calvary last year(kinda assumed that they were struggling to have a team).
  6. Wonder what kind of training she does to get hops like that. Very impressive
  7. Me personally, the best thing that I've done was to step away from coaching my daughter and her team, even though I was just an assistant. The plus with Kentucky is that everyone one gets in the district playoffs and all they have to do is win one game and their right back in regionals.
  8. I'm curious to see how much of a impact the 1st and 2nd yr coaches have on their teams. Side note: Lawnboy, you keep up with alot of info. It took me awhile to count on my phone, but I believe its 11 out of 27 teams mentioned that have 1st or 2nd yr head coaches.
  9. Super family. Prayers for them both.
  10. Great write up with some good talent mentioned. I'm definitely ready to see who steps up and how this all pans out. Softball season can't get here fast enough.
  11. Definitely a big thanks. I would give it a thumbs up, but for some reason it doesn't allow me to do it from my phone. I always enjoy getting to see the local talent get some recognition.
  12. Hope you have something about hitting. I really enjoyed getting to watch Graybill when I had a chance. I'll keep my eye out for Maclai and I know their is others just not sure of names.
  13. Dr. Bobbie Sparks - Calvary
  14. Listened to the last 10 minutes. Pretty exciting game. All I know is wow, for a Scott player (Ohmar?)to put up 44 if my memory serves me right.
  15. Are there any places that do bat demos around the NKY area?
  16. I agree with fastpitch98 about Walsh and Liecht. I only know of Walsh pitching one varsity game, which I saw against Ryle. Walsh also pitched some JV, but it seemed like Liecht pitched the most JV games. I'm not sure if Liecht ever pitched a varsity game. Both did play varsity, so hopefully with this upcoming year with little varsity pitching experience they'll do well. I know Walsh plays travel ball, not sure about Liecht, which will help tremendously come game time. Outside of that, Olivia Jackson definitely stands out the one game I saw her pitch. Olivia could throw the heat and she's got three years left.
  17. I've got a brilliant idea....of course we need an even more brilliant volunteer. The volunteer will stand 40 ft away and take a line drive to the head from a baseball and softball. Then maybe just maybe we can ask which hurts more, if they can even remember:)....and no I'm not gonna volunteer unless I can wear a mask:)
  18. I haven't seen much of the college baseball world series, but Florida's 1st baseman wears a mask. I figure if it's good enough for any college or pro player, then it should be good enough for my daughter.
  19. 1st year to go there , but I like and it's definitely crowded on Wednesday nights. There is plenty of Bandits, just glad it's the softball kind:)
  20. Here's a retarded thought, but none the less a thought. Have some kind of bidding system to generate some money(highest bidder picks their seed or maybe opponent and on to the next highest bidder). Then over the next (x)amount of years put that money into a better facility with nice fences and of course a slushy bar/lemonade stand:)
  21. If not mistaken, I believe Campbell County's head coach encourages all players to wear a mask. I can't remember if all do. The pitchers are throwing hard and the bats are hotter which equals one mistake on fielder's part to be severely injured. I also would recommend a heart guard. Every parent that I've talked to about the Evo chest shield, say it's not noticeable to their daughter, mine included. Just watching the ncaa college tournament and you'll see girls wearing shin and elbow guards. As long as it continues to be a cool looking product that protects, it becomes a win win for player and parent.
  22. I didn't even realize it's a rematch of districts. That'll have to be a good regional championship game.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.