Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coaching Changes

Featured Replies

Rumored coaching changes Chip Gregg to Holy Cross and John Atkins taking over at Newport. Anyone have info or confirmations on those?

  • Replies 40
  • Views 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chip Gregg - Holy Cross

Kelly Schmitz - Newport

 

Ludlow has yet to name a coach.

Then Calvary is open

 

True, but my guess is former head coach, Wayne Merkley, will return.

Dr. Bobbie Sparks - Calvary

Ludlow is still open then?

Chip Gregg - Holy Cross

Kelly Schmitz - Newport

 

Ludlow has yet to name a coach.

 

Ludlow girls had a meeting a few weeks ago to meet their new coach. His name is Butch Hayes. I know very little about him except that he retired from the Kenton County system and is currently in the sub rotation at Ludlow.

Ludlow girls had a meeting a few weeks ago to meet their new coach. His name is Butch Hayes. I know very little about him except that he retired from the Kenton County system and is currently in the sub rotation at Ludlow.

 

I played softball with Butch many moons ago, I like this hire.

Ludlow girls had a meeting a few weeks ago to meet their new coach. His name is Butch Hayes. I know very little about him except that he retired from the Kenton County system and is currently in the sub rotation at Ludlow.

 

I played softball with Butch many moons ago, I like this hire.

 

From Pendleton County?

I actually just saw Butch yesterday and he told me,he was considering the job, didn't know it was official. Butch has been a ninth region umpire for quite a few years and was and still is one heck of a softball player.

Really like the Chip Gregg hire at HC. Architect of longest single season winning streak in collegiate history at NKU (55 games), inherits some talent at HC. Might be a good mix.

Chip is a great guy and coach. 22-7 at Calvary last year from 11-14 and 2-16 before he got there with not much talent. Not much support from the School or Players/Parents from what I heard there at Calvary.

Holy Cross will be on the rise with Chip...

 

Also know Butch, he has to be the one of the ALL time top 100 Softball Players from the Cincy/NkY area.

Chip is a great guy and coach. 22-7 at Calvary last year from 11-14 and 2-16 before he got there with not much talent. Not much support from the School or Players/Parents from what I heard there at Calvary.

Holy Cross will be on the rise with Chip...

 

I definitely agree. I will add that very few parents and players were on board with the direction the program was going.

I definitely agree. I will add that very few parents and players were on board with the direction the program was going.

 

Do you mean with Chip at Calvary ? Tell us more.....they go from 13 total wins in the 2 years prior to 22 wins in his first year and parents and "very few parents andplayers were on board with the direction the program was going" ?

 

So Calvary preferred losing over winning ?

Yes, with Chip at Calvary. I think they enjoyed winning, but couldn't get any one to buy in but very few. Just goes back to that old saying of you can lead a horse to water but can't make him drink (applies here).

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.