Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

vansmetal

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by vansmetal

  1. I thought it was only 6th grade and up that could play last year.
  2. I was told that 6th graders were going to be able to get grand fathered in, but didn't realize any teams did it. I know a very good 6th grader that has been with Boones coaches for select, and supposedly the coaches couldn't get a ruling if she could play and they didn't want to take a chance on ruining a season over a potentially ineligible player. Anyways, I was under the impression that neither the coaches nor player are loosing any sleep over it. So, I wonder if Coach Morgan had any hold up with the 6th graders. Then again, maybe I misunderstood and 6th graders could tryout.
  3. It seems like the smaller schools, at least here in the northern part of Kentucky, seem to do well. I blame these small schools for going and getting good,if not great coaches. These small schools have no were near the enrollment as the big schools, yet they produce results. If she's good and sticks around long enough, yall might be wishing you didn't give advice:) All joking aside, I hope she gets a ton of girls loving to play and the rest of it will take care of itself.
  4. How many girls can be on the freshman, jv, and varsity team? I notice that teams tend to have girls do double duty....as in playing on jv and varsity or freshman and jv team. Is there a max for the team as a whole (fresh., jv, varsity)? Anyways just curious as to why.
  5. It use to be good, b/c I could go to computer mode but now it's strictly mobile. Of course, I could be wrong...I'm not to tech savy as the hipsters say:)
  6. Final from Campbell County. Afterwards there was a freshman double header against Highlands. 1st game.... Campbell County 9 Highlands 8 2nd game... Campbell County 14 Highlands 4
  7. Coach Carrol..his daughter was the varsity pitcher for Campbell County last year.
  8. I'm sure there's a number of factors, and some you can find from others that posted last year and that'll give a little insight. Also, I'm sure some might go with Bishop Brossart for the Christian education(which I think is a plus). Maybe, it's soccer, who knows, but from my experience I'm glad we got the freshman coach we have.
  9. Campbell County is in the same vote. Their relying heavily on the 8th graders, that are spread across from freshman up to varsity. If any of the 8th graders don't show up next year to tryout as freshman, we could be hurting for players. Almost half of the girls that tried out this year were 8th graders. Some of the high schoolers that played last year didn't come out this year, and some of 7th graders this year didn't come out that tried out the previous year(and my understanding is that some of them may or may not try out as 8th graders next year.)
  10. I definitely agree that the coach's pills is probably what makes their voting look crazy:) You gotta love auto correct
  11. I believe Campbell County's softball coach coaches Villa Madonna volleyball. Wonder why the two teams don't play one another? Then again, I could be misinformed, but if I'm not, your coaches would have a great source to go to.
  12. Lesson taken from this....is to not rely on one person to win it for you. I always just blame the coaches:)....much easier.
  13. I know that Walton Verona pitched two pitchers that game (not sure who). The 1st girl that pitched(varsity game) also, pitched during jv. Anyways, sounds like I would pitch Lexi more often.
  14. Other than the senior pitcher, the rest of the pitching staff are freshman on down. It looks like it could be very competitive for the starting role next year, which I hope it is. If there's no comfort, the pitchers will have to always bring their A game... (nothing like good competition within a team to bring out the best)
  15. Final from Campbell County
  16. Are you referring to Campbell County's field?
  17. How do the coaches vote on who goes in what order? Do they look into it to see the teams for wins, losses and possible strength of schedule, or is it just pencil whipped? I mean heck, one of the top 10 only has 2 wins, and one team in the other has zero, unless I'm missing something. I laugh b/c I think wow softball does suck in this area if we have to mention teams with zilch wins. It's not like the season just has a couple of games in, it looks like most have played at least 8 games. Maybe that's not enough games to determine were some stand and we just need teams to fill in the empty space.
  18. I had some good points typed out, then I thought why bother. No point in debating when I can't stop laughing:)
  19. Makes me wonder what Campbell County's field does measure. I'll try to find out if no one ends up chiming in.
  20. I didn't know they had a separate tournament for the smaller schools. I wish they would separate the big schools from the small with district tournament(kidding), just so Campbell County might have a chance. But the facts are the facts and if Campbell County can't beat a small school like Bishop Brossart, it would be hard to beat a big school you would think. Bishop Brossert, along with other small schools that beat up on big schools is down right awesome. I looked into it and Bishop Brossert has dominated the 37 district for along while. I want to know what makes such a small school tick just right, when a larger school like Campbell County struggles? Anyways, congratulations to Bishop Brossart on the upcoming tournament. Hopefully in the near future, the Camels will be able to put it all together. This definitely proves that it's not about the size, but about the will/desire to succeed.
  21. Thanks for explanation. I'm a foreigner and had no ideal, or it could be that I stayed at a Holiday Inn...never mind....it's b/c I'm a Camal Supporter:( drum roll please...I did just beat everyone to the punch
  22. I'm definitely confused on how winning the Tenth Region All A Classic gets you into the state tournament on April 25, 26. Could someone please explain, I thought you had to win region tournament and those dates just don't make since considering there are still games going on for the regular season. Thanks in advance for my ignorance:)
  23. Maybe the schools can get together and put a roof over a centrally located field(s). Charge triple the price, serve beer, nachos and have a square circle for the parents to debate after the games(of course we'll have a live feed right here on BGP for those that can't attend the after softball debate:)
  24. Jessica Verst (SR at Campbell County) is going to Thomas Moore.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.