Everything posted by vansmetal
-
Holmes JV
First of all, I didn't grow up around here so I know nothing of Holmes. And yes I'm new to high school sports around here. I'm all for kids playing softball to help better them or any sport for that matter. As far as I was concerned they could of had just enough for a jv team and maybe a kid couldn't show up to that game due to maybe a prior commitment like track or whatever else life might of brought them. In the end this is ridiculous to think I'm trying to rip on a school I have no idea about. I root for Campbell County cause I do have a kid that goes there. As far as Covington and it's so called inner city, is far from an inner city. Leave Northern Kentucky and go to Brooklyn or Chicago and you'll find the true meaning of a inner city if you dare. Also maybe it was a week notice to the coaches, but not the parents but regardless it doesn't matter how much of a notice. So they don't have the numbers, it's ok...really it's ok. By the way, it would be awesome for Holmes or a other team around here to kick butt at softball and go to state. If any body has read my previous post I'm all about northern Kentucky getting more involved in softball.
-
Holmes JV
Maybe I shouldn't assume, but I would take a guess that varsity comes first for most head coaches, b/c they can only do so much in a day like the rest of us. So, I could see were games got scheduled in advance and come tryouts not enough girls to fill all rosters, but enough for varsity. So, while the coach is putting in the work to get varsity up and going, he forgets about the jv games that got scheduled or maybe he's hoping to have enough kids by then. I was just curious, and obviously I'm dumb to the fact about inner city softball players getting arrested. Also, I was at the St.Henry / Campbell County game and St.Henry was having fun and I thought they looked extremely focused on the field. I guess in your world you can't have both. I'll take my shot now, while you go back to gurgling.
-
Holmes JV
Understand about not enough kids, just odd to find out when a game is scheduled, and a couple of days prior that there's actually no longer a team. No harm no foul, I'm assuming it was just forgetfulness.
-
Holmes JV
Why doesn't Holmes have a jv team any longer? At least that's my understanding.
-
St Henry 4 Campbell County 3
Final from St. Henry's It was won in the 7th. The girls from St. Henry were into it. Those girls were loud, laughing, and dancing even after the Camels came from down 3 to tie it up. I'll give it to St.Henrys, you would of thought they won the game before it started with their cheering and excitement. I was told, since I don't keep track, that the Camels had at least 5 errors. I'm not sure if the Cru had any errors, but when your a positive team, you tend to stay more focused in the game. Big thumbs up to the coaches and the lady Crusaders. Hopefully the Camels will take some of that fire and run with it. All in all very good game to all.
-
Newport Central Catholic 3 Highlands 2
Tough kid...just tell her that next time (hopefully there never is) that yall keep some dental floss and a needle on stand by;) Toughness like that will pump a team up.
-
NKY Coaches Poll (Week 7)
If I get on here and debate enough, will that push the Camels to the top spot:) Keep working hard Campbell County!!!
-
Newport Central Catholic 3 Highlands 2
Looks like she still had a good game. Was she able to continue to play?
-
Newport Central Catholic 3 Highlands 2
Nice write up..almost felt like I was there;)
-
All A state tournament
I know it's easier said than done, but more fields would solve the problem...I think, but me not to bright
-
All A state tournament
Started keeping up with softball last year and it seems that there is a lot of problems with the state and all A state tournament. Has this been going on for some years or just recently? I would think someone from the committees would reply with a explanation, or at least say sorry and get some suggestions and actually use them. Why can't there be multiple facilities used, I would think that there's other fields around besides just at the tournament. Might be a little more driving, but could be well worth it????
-
Up and coming impact players
Glad to see how many young players are mentioned. I wonder how many of these young ladies will end up being that jr.,or sr. that gets mentioned often and possible go to college for softball. Hopefully this will let the young guns realize that the hard work doesn't go unnoticed. For the girls mentioned and I'm sure there will be more after....keep honing your craft, stay mentally sharp and good things will happen.
-
Highlands 23 Cooper 8
And that's why I stay away from the rum. Ump...I'll just take another water please:) Your the 2nd person I've been able to laugh about auto spell/correct....this is starting to be fun...hopefully I can catch some more.
-
Newport Central Catholic@Highlands (Monday April 27) predictions
I won't be there, but how cool would it be that after seven it's tied and the coaches have to win by putting their noses to a bat at home and spinning in a ton of circles, then a sideways sprint around bases. 1st around claims victory and has to buy the other coach a beer while the loser listens to Bieber with the rest of his team. Just day dreaming....good luck to both
-
Favorites for All A state tournament
Especially if they let them play in the rain like they did with the freshman make up game I was at. I would of much rather been in the car listening instead of getting soaked. I'm not young and we'll I would say dumb anymore...let's just say my days of playing in the rain are done.
-
Villa Madonna 11 Heritage Academy 0 (5 innings)
That's pretty impressive for an 8th grader to hit a homerun. She keeps hitting them over the fence like that reaching for the stars is awesome..keep up the good work:)
-
Up and coming impact players
Never seen Sam pitch in a game, but seen her warming up to get ready to pitch. If not mistaken, I think her mom said it was her 1st yr. to pitch. Good to hear she's coming along.
-
Up and coming impact players
It's on the down stretch of the season. I was wanting to know who stands out as a up and coming impact player for your team. Someone that's not a senior, junior(unless 1st yr.varsity) and definitely not your daughter( I would hope everyone would be able to mention their own kid so let someone else do it:)). A softball player that was flying under the radar and is now making way. I'll start it...... I don't get to see the Camels varsity as much, but there is 2 young players I think have a bright future....it's Becca Mitchell (catcher) and Jessica Walsh(3rd/pitcher)...both starters in 8th grade. Everytime I've watched them, they seem to get better. Walsh looks pretty good pitching and Mitchell being a field general at such a young age is impressive. They have got a lot of room to grow and it's looking up for Camels. I know there's more on the team than them, so I'll let someone else chime in from Campbell County.
-
Favorites for All A state tournament
If it rains, will the tournament be moved to another day? Also, is there a website to go to see the brackets?
-
Pitchers throwing 85mph
I haven't seen a girl in northern KY throw 60mph at all. Maybe their throwing everything but a fastball. Most parents and some coaches of pitchers will tell you that their kid throws 3 plus pitches (fastball, change up, and name your pitch). I've heard, "look this kid throws 5 different pitches." Most games I've watched and of course warm ups, I generally see fastball and change up. Anyways, I would take a kid that could pitch(meaning hit spots) 60 plus mph consistently over movement any day(cause every pitcher supposedly has movement). I figure you can teach movement, but not speed. If someone can prove me wrong on speed, then get the slowest runner on your team to mimic the fastest and see how that goes.
-
Pitchers throwing 85mph
I get that movement is were it's at, but is there enough teams out there that could actually hit 60mph consistently to win a game? I would think that a lot of hitters timing would be off, unless you go to a cage or your high school has a pitching machine to practice hitting that speed. I've watched girls at the cage struggle with 55mph down the middle. I get that there are players that can hit it, but what about the whole team?
-
Pitchers throwing 85mph
Ok, maybe 60mph, but equivalent to baseballs 85mph fastball(roughly...is what I read). I do realize that movement is key, but I'm not aware of any D1 pitchers that pitch below that speed, not to say there's not any. With that, is there any pitcher in KY throwing that speed or close? Also, do you think someone could dominate with 60mph alone at the high school level? Or, maybe they would also need the movement and change up pitches as well? I was told that if there's a team out there with a pitcher that can hit 60mph that team should be on a roll. I want to know what BGP think.
-
Bishop Brossart 11 Scott 0
Even though I'm a Camel fan, I'll be pulling for yall. I've always been a big fan of going for your rival if it doesn't affect your team. I figure if Bishop Brossart kicks butt, it could spark some young soccer player to cross over to the darkside(softball) at least in Alexandria. Good luck
-
The "Baby Breds" remain undefeated, 14-0.
Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see Campbell County rematch. The 1st double header, you could just tell yall had your stuff together. Hopefully the Camels will give you a better fight next go.
-
NKY Coaches Poll (Week 6)
If Campbell County beats a team in the top 10...Do they get any love, or will it take more than that? Maybe winning district, advancing deep in the regionals, or winning regionals. Please don't forget to hug your local Camels, and no they won't spit at you:)