Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Softball bat help

Featured Replies

Our oldest has really gotten into softball these past few years and is pretty darn good. She has been asked by several travel team coaches to play for them but for time being she will be sticking with out local fastpitch league where she plays spring, summer , and fall ball. With that said I want to get her a nice new bat for Christmas so I came here for info. She will be 10 in spring and swings a 30 in now. Looking to help her get the most pop on the ball. She makes solid contact and hit over .800 this fall. Thanks ahead for advice.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

@Lawnboy13 or any of you other fine BGPers' who are heavily involved with softball.....all input is appreciated

Couple things. How much do you want to spend? Like do you want to get her a really good bat or a better bat than she has.

@Lawnboy13 or any of you other fine BGPers' who are heavily involved with softball.....all input is appreciated

 

 

Any of the 3 bats below should be just fine for her, and the price is even better. Hope this helps. :thumb:

 

What's the negative number mean on a softball bat?

The number that you see on bats refers to the length of the bat (in inches) subtracted from the weight (in ounces). So if you have a bat that's 28 inches long that weighs 20 ounces you'd have a -8 bat.

 

Combat 216 Maxum Single Wall -12 Fastpitch Bat | Softball.com

Combat 216 Madison Shipman Single Wall -12 Fastpitch Bat | Softball.com

Combat 216 Madison Shipman Single Wall -10 Fastpitch Bat | Softball.com

Those bats I listed for only $50 are a steal and will do her just fine, plus I wouldn't spend more than that for a 10 year old until she decides to start playing on travel teams.......JMO

 

BTW, you can find some really good stuff on softball.com.....I always head here first.....Final Clearance Shop - Softball.com

  • Author

Thanks. Not hip on fastpitch gear and best equipment yet. Got to find with out girly colors. She isn't girly at all lol

The bat makes a huge difference but sit down when checking out the prices

  • Author

Not to worried about money to be honest. Want it to be a SWEET gift from dad with awesome hitting power

Not to worried about money to be honest. Want it to be a SWEET gift from dad with awesome hitting power

 

Well, my daughter is 12 and soon to be 13. She plays on the middle school team so I decided to get her a sweet gift from dad for her last birthday. It made a big difference in bat speed and power but it came with a price tag of about tree fiddy. But...they said it should last her through high school if she takes cares of it.

.800? Is her name Earl the Pearl? @Lawnboy13 and @RCC9 will get that reference.

.800? Is her name Earl the Pearl? @Lawnboy13 and @RCC9 will get that reference.

 

Well first, speaking about bats for sale....

 

Secondly, I remember when Earl the Pearl was 5 for 4 in one game!!

What model and brand of bat??

 

DeMarini CF8 2016 model is what I got her; that one is $249.99 at Dick's now. The new CF9 is $349.99.

 

She hit well with it. She has been working on power over the summer so I'm interested to see how she does next season.

DeMarini CF8 2016 model is what I got her; that one is $249.99 at Dick's now. The new CF9 is $349.99.

 

She hit well with it. She has been working on power over the summer so I'm interested to see how she does next season.

 

That's a great bat. Here's what I was getting at and what I think LB was saying. If you aren't "all in" yet (meaning still trying to decide if she wants to take it seriously), then I would wait for a bat like that. If she is ready to make the summer team commitment, I agree with Wireman. You almost have to have it to compete or you are going to a gunfight with a knife! The other thing you'll find out is that once you commit, it becomes addicting and you're kidding yourself if you think that's only bat you'll have to buy during a few year span. LOL! Kinda kidding, but not. Hot bats come out every year and the technology gets better all the time. So what happens is, you darling sweet daughter either gets tired of the bat "cause there's a cooler one out now" or you think the bat is getting dead because the other NEW bats seem to have more pop or a larger sweet spot. So Dad gets back online and gets another really sweet gift for baby girl!! LOL!

 

I would say the top line Demarini, Easton or Louisbville Slugger and you can't go wrong. Once you get to that level, it's about the player confidence. Can't tell you how many times I've heard "I can't hit with that bat". For a girl, sometimes that has to do with looks or the feel in their hand. You can hit with a broom handle if you really wanted to! My point, if you buy it for her and it's her first new "real" bat, she'll have all kinds of confidence. But as you go forward, I would check with her because if you don't buy what she likes, you may waste a lot of money and we'll be buying it from you at a discount on Craigslist!

 

Why do I know all this?? I have daughters and been through it!!! And I coach and hear it everyday! lol

  • Author

Thanks for the info!! Might spend decent $ on a bat. The site that lawnboy shared is sweet. It has anything and everything!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.