Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Softball bat help

Featured Replies

Thanks for the info!! Might spend decent $ on a bat. The site that lawnboy shared is sweet. It has anything and everything!!!

 

Its a really good one and usually has some really good deals. Even though he wears the Blue and gold, he still knows a little about the game.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@RCC9 is very correct. I made the decision to get that bat because my daughter made the middle school team and started playing summer travel ball. I agree that you'll want to make sure your daughter is all in before you get a bat like that.

  • Author
Its a really good one and usually has some really good deals. Even though he wears the Blue and gold, he still knows a little about the game.

 

I may have moved to Independence but I was born wearing blue and gold and will love it for life. Rocking this SK blue and white still feels weird makes me think I'm cheering for your crew... lol.

I may have moved to Independence but I was born wearing blue and gold and will love it for life. Rocking this SK blue and white still feels weird makes me think I'm cheering for your crew... lol.

 

:laugh:

That's a great bat. Here's what I was getting at and what I think LB was saying. If you aren't "all in" yet (meaning still trying to decide if she wants to take it seriously), then I would wait for a bat like that. If she is ready to make the summer team commitment, I agree with Wireman. You almost have to have it to compete or you are going to a gunfight with a knife! The other thing you'll find out is that once you commit, it becomes addicting and you're kidding yourself if you think that's only bat you'll have to buy during a few year span. LOL! Kinda kidding, but not. Hot bats come out every year and the technology gets better all the time. So what happens is, you darling sweet daughter either gets tired of the bat "cause there's a cooler one out now" or you think the bat is getting dead because the other NEW bats seem to have more pop or a larger sweet spot. So Dad gets back online and gets another really sweet gift for baby girl!! LOL!

 

I would say the top line Demarini, Easton or Louisbville Slugger and you can't go wrong. Once you get to that level, it's about the player confidence. Can't tell you how many times I've heard "I can't hit with that bat". For a girl, sometimes that has to do with looks or the feel in their hand. You can hit with a broom handle if you really wanted to! My point, if you buy it for her and it's her first new "real" bat, she'll have all kinds of confidence. But as you go forward, I would check with her because if you don't buy what she likes, you may waste a lot of money and we'll be buying it from you at a discount on Craigslist!

 

Why do I know all this?? I have daughters and been through it!!! And I coach and hear it everyday! lol

 

Give me a tree branch and I'll still hit over .800 :lol2:

.800? Is her name Earl the Pearl? @Lawnboy13 and @RCC9 will get that reference.

 

Earl lives on my FedEx route, I deliver softball stuff to him all the time.....and he still has some great stories. :lol2:

Well first, speaking about bats for sale....

 

Secondly, I remember when Earl the Pearl was 5 for 4 in one game!!

 

To hear him tell that story was PRICELESS. I've never seen so many guys with their mouths agape.

I may have moved to Independence but I was born wearing blue and gold and will love it for life. Rocking this SK blue and white still feels weird makes me think I'm cheering for your crew... lol.

 

And if she continues to hit .800, @RCC9 or @Lawnboy13 may find a place for her in high school?

An "Earl the Pearl" reference? That post alone made my day

And if she continues to hit .800, @RCC9 or @Lawnboy13 may find a place for her in high school?

 

Or she will start at one of their schools, transfer to the other and then end up at Notre Dame Academy or reverse this order! :sarcastic:

Or she will start at one of their schools, transfer to the other and then end up at Notre Dame Academy or reverse this order! :sarcastic:

 

Well played.

.800? Is her name Earl the Pearl? @Lawnboy13 and @RCC9 will get that reference.

 

Earl is still out at the parks regularly. He's a character!!

Or she will start at one of their schools, transfer to the other and then end up at Notre Dame Academy or reverse this order! :sarcastic:

With never moving nor losing eligibility.

My daughters really like the CF8 and the Stealth Retro. If she is a good little power hitter I recommend a end loaded bat.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.