Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Softball bat help

Featured Replies

Thanks. Not hip on fastpitch gear and best equipment yet. Got to find with out girly colors. She isn't girly at all lol

 

I pmed you.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DeMarini CF8 2016 model is what I got her; that one is $249.99 at Dick's now. The new CF9 is $349.99.

 

She hit well with it. She has been working on power over the summer so I'm interested to see how she does next season.

 

Bought my Daughter the Same exact 2016 Model and it is a great Bat. My daughter does okay with it. It replaced the previous year model because she decided to lay her Bag down right inside the Garage door just like every 15 year old would. Well it fell over and Daddy ran it over with his Truck right on the Handle. It loosened the Weld on the Knob so it was in her mind that she wouldn't and thanks to her coach @RCC9 couldn't be used to Compete with. LOL!

 

They aren't Cheap!

IMO, Spend the $250-$300 and get her the latest CF 8 or CF9 it is worth every penny! plan on buying one every couple years. Get a good hitting instructor there are a couple good ones out there.

 

The confidence she will get when that ball jumps off a good bat is priceless.

 

There are a lot of good tournaments around the 275 loop. River City, Rumpke, Great American was my favorite, expressway to name a few. If she isn't playing at one of those fields yet you should go watch a tournament sometime. Not only is it great to face good pitching but they see how other girls run the bases and how they play defense.

Edited by Four King Crazy

Be careful before you run out and Buy the CF-9. I heard last night that there is a Buzz flying through the National Circuit about this Bat Actually being Claimed "Too Hot"

 

I know this is just Discussion hearsay and more than likely would never happen but I wouldn't think it's totally out of the Question that they might Restrict or Ban the CF-9 for Player safety concerns.

 

This was coming from someone that sees more Hitters in one week than you & I will watch Swing the Bat for an Entire season.

 

He said go buy it! But don't be surprised if......Just saying!

Be careful before you run out and Buy the CF-9. I heard last night that there is a Buzz flying through the National Circuit about this Bat Actually being Claimed "Too Hot"

 

I know this is just Discussion hearsay and more than likely would never happen but I wouldn't think it's totally out of the Question that they might Restrict or Ban the CF-9 for Player safety concerns.

 

This was coming from someone that sees more Hitters in one week than you & I will watch Swing the Bat for an Entire season.

 

He said go buy it! But don't be surprised if......Just saying!

 

That's a great point! That is always a risk you take when you walk the fine line of making sure you have the "hottest" bat. Sometimes the governing bodies deem it too hot!

Are there any places that do bat demos around the NKY area?

  • Author

Thanks again for all this info. I love the site @Lawnboy13 shared. I'm willing to bet he has a few of last year's model laying around he wouldn't mind passing off to a fellow old Thoroughbred ; )

Only time I have ever seen bat demos was at the bigger tournaments.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.