Everything posted by MentschTrachtGottLacht
-
BluegrassPreps.com 9th Region Weekly Rankings (12/4)
I'm not @Just Jim, but to play Devil's Advocate, what would be the rationale for having Conner above St. Henry? I understand that H2H isn't everything, but there is nothing else in the body of work for Conner to ignore the H2H outcome. Now, I personally think Conner is a better team, but as of 12/4/17, hard to defend that. Likewise, what has Boone done (beat HHS?) to warrant placement above Holy Cross? Again, I tend to think you have them in the right spot if you're looking at March 1st, but on December 4th, it is tough for me to understand. I would also probably have Lloyd above all 4 teams I just mentioned, but they'll get a chance to prove that point tonight against the Breds. If they beat NewCath (highly unlikely), or play them close, I think it reinforces my feeling that I'd put them above the 4 mentioned above.
-
NKY Coaches Basketball Poll Week 1
One coach has CovCath 3rd....that makes me smile. :sssh:
-
Lack of close, competitive games in state finals!
Good point and Welcome to the Site!!! :thumb:
-
State Championship Officials
Sorry, I've seen your comments in the game thread (including the classless one, was that about the white hat), what makes him so bad?
-
Covington Holy Cross 65 Boone County 57
Coach Schrand and the Indians must have been inspired by watching Leighton's teammates this afternoon. Congrats to Holy Cross, that is a solid win. Can HC claim the 2nd spot in the district and sneak into the Region?
-
Campbell County 82 Wilmington (OH) 59
Jarron Cumberland is walking through that door for Wilmington.
-
Beechwood 41 Raceland 0 - 1A State Championship
Love this!!! Congrats to the Beechies, really happy for y'all!
-
Newport 62 Brossart 59
Got it, thanks, that does explain what you meant. I didn't fully understand your original post, but I think that is more on me. Thanks!
-
Newport 62 Brossart 59
So I understand your point, you're saying Snapp is that much better than Code? Or the inverse?
-
Covington Catholic 54 Lexington Catholic 53
CovCath loses a big lead, game goes back and forth in the last 2 minutes, and the Colonels hold on for a 1 point win. Ruthsatz was very, very good for the Colonels. Payne and Price were really good for the Knights. A road win at LexCath, not at full strength, is a good way to start the season. CovCath will have to handle the press a LOT better to have the year they hope to. TONS of bad live-ball turnovers, and credit LexCath for being really good with their press and creating those turnovers. Both teams should have bright seasons.
-
#2 Covington Catholic at #7 Lexington Catholic
MentschTrachtGottLacht replied to MentschTrachtGottLacht's topic in KY Boys Basketball (High School)Foul on a 3 point attempt at halftime horn gave LexCath a chance to pull within 7. Have to be smarter than that if you're the Colonels.
-
#2 Covington Catholic at #7 Lexington Catholic
MentschTrachtGottLacht replied to MentschTrachtGottLacht's topic in KY Boys Basketball (High School)Yes, was a tripleheader.
-
#2 Covington Catholic at #7 Lexington Catholic
MentschTrachtGottLacht replied to MentschTrachtGottLacht's topic in KY Boys Basketball (High School)I said nothing to the contrary.
-
Newport Central Catholic 71 St. Henry 51
Dave and Billy are great, and I'm sure they have a plan, but I'd be getting some run for those two sooner rather than later.
-
#2 Covington Catholic at #7 Lexington Catholic
Can someone keep us updated please? This one, in Lexington, with CovCath missing 3 of their top 8 due to football, should be a beauty.
-
Newport Central Catholic 71 St. Henry 51
He played. Doesn't appear to be in basketball shape yet. I think he is coming off an injury as well. Not a lot of minutes for Caleb this year when you're playing behind a player the ilk of Brennan Hall.
-
Newport Central Catholic 71 St. Henry 51
Tyler Kaiser looked very solid, he'll be the last of the 3 to get to varsity, but I'd bet he gets some varsity minutes before the year is over. Jude Bessler battled foul trouble, but was very active, has nice size, and will be on Varsity before Santa falls down a chimney. My hunch. I realize this season is going to feel a bit like the Bataan Death March for SHDHS fans, but be buoyed by the fact that the future is very bright for the Cru. I could see a Regional Semifinal for the Cru in 2 or 3 years. The 7th grade group is solid for Cru-kids, and the 9th grade is their best in YEARS, so in 3 years, when they are in 10th and 12th, the Cru will be very solid depending on the development of the kids in those classes. I will also add, this year's Cru team could REALLY use the Kunstek kid....what a difference that kid would make in terms of size and athleticism. Coach Faust has to see that kid roaming the halls and just shake his head.
-
Newport Central Catholic / St. Henry Updates
As usual, @Lawnboy13 is too fast.
-
Newport Central Catholic / St. Henry Updates
9-9 JV score after the 1st quarter.
-
Campbell County at Cooper 11/28 Predictions
Cooper by 10+.
-
Lexington Catholic 68 Wolfe County 50
From the update thread.
-
Lexington Catholic at Wolfe County Updates
Any updates?
-
Beechwood at Boone County predictions 11/28
I will be surprised if this isn't a Rebel victory.
-
NKY Middle School Basketball 2017/2018
In the Catholic School League 7th grade on Saturday: St. Pius over IHM by a lot. St. Agnes over St. Joe's Crescent Springs (an upset, in my opinion) in OT. St. Paul over Blessed Sacrament by a lot.
-
BluegrassPreps.com 9th Region Boys Basketball Preview
I know they lost Houston, and I know Nolan is back...who is the rest of their starting 5?