Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Old_Bulldog

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Old_Bulldog

  1. Pete Ohmer started. He was relieved by #3 (E?)
  2. Dixie finishes the night 2-0 with a 5-4 win over Spring Valley.
  3. 3 for 4! Not bad if I say so myself!
  4. Dixie runs the win streak to 4 games to get on the good side of .500 (4-3). Playing the second game of a double-header versus Spring Valley of WV.
  5. Elkus at Dixie has been stinging the ball lately. Haven't seen anyone really try to steal on him yet. I think he gets overlooked a bit, since he splits time with Caple (also a pretty good hitter).
  6. Wild guess it is...winners: CC, Ryle, SH & BW
  7. You have to be suprised with Ryle. I thought that they would be pretty good but to be (I think) the only undefeated team in NKY is pretty impressive. Does anyone else have less than 2 losses?
  8. Good to see Dixie bounce back from an 0-3 start, reeling off 3 straight to get back to .500.
  9. I get 6 kids thrown out in one game, I might let someone else coach the basepads!
  10. I would have to agree. I really like their team but I cannot speak for the pitching and as we all know, it's all about the pitching.
  11. A lot of infield dinks that went for hits due to kids not playing shallow enough and balls almost coming to a dead stop in the thick, wet grass :eek:
  12. This team is probably the youngest in the region (only 3 seniors). Hopefully, things can get turned around. Not to take anything away from Ryle, they are definitly a team that will contend for the region but a few boneheaded plays by inexperienced players helped pile on the runs. The most concerning thing for Dixie is the lack of offense, I figured that pitching & defense would take some time, since they have almost zero returning Varsity experience.
  13. Kid had a very good outing. Not overpowering but kept Dixie hitters from hitting anything solid. Most importantly, like you said, zero walks. Unfortunately for Dixie, they surrendered around a dozen free passes, between walks and hit batters!
  14. Blubirdman, you may not get so many hostile replies to your posts if you were to show a little more tact. Calling 2 teams "terrible" after one game? Based on what? I'll admit, they obviously had terrible outings and both may indeed struggle a bit this year but who knows.
  15. He stole third against Dixie but to the catchers defense, he was over half way there before the ball left the pitchers hand. Johnny Bench couldn't have thrown him out on that play. He must have stole home against Lloyd.
  16. I don't want to split hairs but his first was an error and last hit was later in the game, ie not included in my original comment.
  17. Rough game for Dixie hurlers. Conner scored their first 8 on 3 or 4 hits max.
  18. Elkus caught the first 4 or 5. Then Suttles came in later.
  19. We forget that backin the 80's Holmes was probably te biggest school around. Class of 84 was 400+. Also, whenI was growing up in Covington, there were at least a half dozen or more knothole teams. I wonder how many there are today.
  20. I have always hated the other end of the spectrum. When a team is allowed to put their fastest kid on first in place of a kid with zero steals for his playing career. Next thing you know, that kid id on second or third. How is that fair by any stretch?
  21. Not sure about the reasoning for HC but Dixie is a 6A school. When you have a larger # of arms to consoder, odds are, you can find a few good ones. Therefore, I would suspect most 6A schools should be able to field a good enough team to be in the top 10 locally.
  22. I am not sure what designates a weak district but I'm not sure this one is any weaker than others in the area. Except for the Boone Co. group, most only have 1 or maybe 2 strong teams.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.