Walton-Verona 9 Dixie Heights 7 (Scrimmage)

Birdsfan

Congratulations to the Walton-Verona Bearcats on their 9-7 (scrimmage) victory over the Dixie Heights Colonels, this afternoon.

And a special shout out my nephew, Garret (Fr.) for his 3-run, bases loaded hit, which I'm told would have been out of the park...had they not been playing on Dixie's football field, because of the wet conditions. Rumor has it, the blast went a good 330+ feet!

The Bearcats got out to a 2nd inning, 6-0 lead (on Garret's hit), before Dixie finally got rolling to make it a game.

Next up for Walton-Verona is Villa Madonna, this coming Monday. Go Bearcats!!

Who caught for Dixie?
I wish I could tell you more, but I wasn't there. Also, because it was such an informal scrimmage, and not run like a real game, the players were all wearing T-shirts instead of their regular game jerseys. I'll try to give a better report on the next WV game.

Congratulations to the Walton-Verona Bearcats on their 9-7 (scrimmage) victory over the Dixie Heights Colonels, this afternoon.

And a special shout out my nephew, Garret (Fr.) for his 3-run, bases loaded hit, which I'm told would have been out of the park...had they not been playing on Dixie's football field, because of the wet conditions. Rumor has it, the blast went a good 330+ feet!

The Bearcats got out to a 2nd inning, 6-0 lead (on Garret's hit), before Dixie finally got rolling to make it a game.

Next up for Walton-Verona is Villa Madonna, this coming Monday. Go Bearcats!!

Garret has been a good player since he was a small boy. Got to watch him up close for 2-3 years when my youngest daughter played baseball with him when they were 8 -10 years old. She enjoyed playing for Jeff. Congrats to Garret.

Garret has been a good player since he was a small boy. Got to watch him up close for 2-3 years when my youngest daughter played baseball with him when they were 8 -10 years old. She enjoyed playing for Jeff. Congrats to Garret.
Thanks FBD! I'll pass that along. :thumb:

He and his sister are the only kids we have on our side of the family, and we are so proud of them both.

Where was Caple for Dixie?

Could have been just resting as they had a scrimmage the day before. (I was not at either scrimmage as I was out of town so I do not know for sure the reason.)

I realize he may not be playing varsity but does anyone know if Tyler Lyons is playing for Dixie or is he injured? In another thread someone referenced it but it was unclear if it was true.

I have not heard the results of the MRI (I will ask tonight) but Tyler has not tried out or practiced for the past few weeks. Definitely will be out a significant part of the season no matter what the MRI showed as he was in a lot of pain. The trainer and doctor both felt it was a UCL injury.

Where was Caple for Dixie?

Not sure of the Dixie vs Walton scrimmage but Dixie had a scrimmage vs Holy Cross Saturday at 11:00. At Dixie football field. Caple played in that one. Not sure what the outcome was or who did what.