Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Catchers

Featured Replies

I know I'm a st henry fan, so I won't comment but who are some good catchers out there?

  • Replies 35
  • Views 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyle Kramer

Tanner Norton

 

Hands down best in area

 

......

Tanner is the best around kramer has improved but i don't believe he is close to the caliber of norton.

Pope is a stud at picking off runners who are lazy getting g back to the bag after a pitch, can throw'em out too.

Pope is a stud at picking off runners who are lazy getting g back to the bag after a pitch, can throw'em out too.

 

This is my favorite thing to watch catchers do. Not many things better than seeing a lazy base runner picked-off.

 

Saw it happen at JV level last year, but with no infield umpire, a catcher doesn't get too many of those calls.

Peter Markgraf from St. Henry has to be up there. He's thrown out at least 15 runners. Including 6 in one game.

Peter Markgraf from St. Henry has to be up there. He's thrown out at least 15 runners. Including 6 in one game.

 

I get 6 kids thrown out in one game, I might let someone else coach the basepads!

There is a list of some very good catchers on here for sure. Tanner Norton is the man though.

Peter from St Henry is a machine! Been reading a lot about him. I'm sure coaches will be more careful with him behind the plate. Also like to see the Underdog team like St Henry do well.

Wake up from your dream kid. This isnt Knothole or Little Leagure we're talking about.

Elkus at Dixie has been stinging the ball lately. Haven't seen anyone really try to steal on him yet. I think he gets overlooked a bit, since he splits time with Caple (also a pretty good hitter).

Pope is a stud at picking off runners who are lazy getting g back to the bag after a pitch, can throw'em out too.

 

Sorry but I am not drinking the Park Hill's kool aid on this pick. From what I saw the other night, there was nothing to warrent his name on this list..... at least 3 stolen bases, a PB for a run and no hitting. He does have a good name though!

Sorry but I am not drinking the Park Hill's kool aid on this pick. From what I saw the other night, there was nothing to warrent his name on this list..... at least 3 stolen bases, a PB for a run and no hitting. He does have a good name though!

 

Seen norton play since u13, nobody compares to his skills behind the plate and at the dish.

Has great instincts for the game and is a real student of the game.

Saw him beat out a runner from behind the plate backing up first.

Kyle Kramer is next best due to his bat, love his bat.

Great kid too !!!

The rest are high school catchers, imo.

Sorry but I am not drinking the Park Hill's kool aid on this pick. From what I saw the other night, there was nothing to warrent his name on this list..... at least 3 stolen bases, a PB for a run and no hitting. He does have a good name though!

 

Passed Ball or Wild Pitch that wasn't blocked? There's a big difference. I wasn't there so I don't know, but stolen bases are more often the result of a pitcher with slow delivery or not being able to keep the runner close to 1st. What catcher stops all of them? Did he have any Pick offs? Having seen Nick play a few times, I'm guessing no catcher on the list would have stopped all of them and he belongs ont he list. Is he the top, probably not, but he definitely belongs on the list. Unless something has happened, I have to believe his Pop-Time is in the top 5 in NKY.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.