Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Fanatic

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by UK Fanatic

  1. From the Ledger Independent: Saints hire UTEP grad assistant Taylor as coach
  2. I can see both sides to this. Some of them who didn't get many varsity minutes, it certainly would have helped. However, most of the girls would have probably had to play both games. I can see where they might have ran out of gas by the end of the varsity game, which could have made some difference in some close games.
  3. I wasn't aware St. Pat boys' had a coach yet.
  4. The Lady Panthers only lose one to graduation and return an experienced group (of 4) of seniors and juniors.
  5. What about the latest that a D1 assistant is in the running?
  6. I've seen some "twitter chat" that indicated the list of finalists may be larger than three ... and someone from the 10th region was left off the list.
  7. I would say a lot depends on the size of the district. Ashland and Russell Independents I think have full-time ADs. They may have other administrative duties. I'm pretty sure at one point in time Russell's did, but not sure about the last few years. Smaller schools like St. Pat, Augusta, and Bracken Co. don't have full-time ADs. I think Augusta and St. Pat have teacher's in that role, with maybe an extra planning period. Bracken's principal serves as AD. I think Bell County's assistant principal serves as AD. So it just varies. I'm sure pay varies from district-to-district and depends on how much he/she teaches, or if it's considered a full-time adinistrative position. I would say at smaller schools where it's not full time, they pay they with either a stipend or extended days.
  8. I noticed the same thing in the 10th Region Tournament. 8th Region officials rarely called a charge on calls that 10th region officials wouldn't have thought twice about.
  9. The snow is supposed to be finished by in the morning. I would think that would give the main roads time to be cleared and the teams would be able to travel safely tomorrow evening, but we'll see.
  10. Based upon the crowds from the first two days, I wouldn't anticipate crowd size being a big issue, but I guess you never know. Semi-finals might bring in a bigger crowd. You can go down the AA to Maysville, then take 68 towards Lexington.
  11. 8th region will be doing the 10th region tournament.
  12. Mon - Brossart over Bracken; Montgomery over Nicholas Tue - Augusta over Scott; Harrison over Clark Fri - Montgomery over Brossart; Augusta over Harrison Sat - Montgomery over Augusta I think Tuesday's and Friday's games will be close ones.
  13. Mason County flat-out played the 2nd half of this one.
  14. While Bach did some other nice things in place of scoring, he was still on the bench a bit with foul trouble. The same can be said of Kelsch. They both certainly impacted the game, but not as much as usual. It seems like the Panthers were able to get this victory while obviously not playing their best game. Perhaps that's a good sign for Augusta. Bracken County was able to disrupt Augusta's flow and played a tough game.
  15. From what I've heard, Mason Co. was willing to play, but did not want to come to Augusta.
  16. I know the margin of victory has decreased for Augusta each time these two have met, and I know Bracken has been on a roll as of late, but I have to believe that with Augusta fully focused, they come away with the victory. Panthers win by 10.
  17. During tonight's game at Robertson County, Augusta sophomore Jerica Kelsch scored her 1,000th point.
  18. Final from Saturday afternoon. Augusta was playing without their starting point guard. Sophomore Jerica Kelsch stepped up for 35 points and went 11-11 from the line. Team improves to 12-10.
  19. Without the three varsity freshmen, Augusta only has 6 freshmen players remaining. These three have played with the freshmen all season and didn't just "play down" for the tournament.
  20. Augusta and Mason will face each other in the championship Thursday.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.