Everything posted by UK Fanatic
-
Open Job: Augusta
Two teaching positions currently posted for Augusta. In addition to the Health/PE spot, also looking for a math teacher.
-
Open Job: Augusta
No.
-
39th District Draw
While they all haven't been a "cake walk" for the opposing team, the 39th district had one win in the 10th Region Tournament from 2006-2017.
-
Bracken County 65 St. Patrick 62 OT (39th District Semifinal)
Sorry, the final buzzer for regulation, I should have specified. With St. Pat up 2 in the 4th quarter and Bracken with the ball, the ball was knocked out of bounds by St. Pat as the buzzer sounded. They determined there should have been .2 seconds put back on the clock, which gave Bracken the possibility for the tip-in basket, which they got.
-
Bracken County 65 St. Patrick 62 OT (39th District Semifinal)
The ball was knocked out of bounds as (or just before apparently) the final buzzer.
-
Bishop Brossart 84 Mason County 66
Not a set amount of time. While I'm sure this isn't followed as thoroughly as intended, this is from the KHSAA: Sec. 5) RETURN TO PLAY POLICY FOR A STUDENT-ATHLETE RECEIVING A CONCUSSION, AFTER THE MANDATORY REMOVAL THAT DAY a) Once a concussion has been diagnosed (or presumed by lack of examination by an appropriate health care provider), only an MD or DO can authorize return to play on a subsequent day, and such shall be in writing to the administration of the school. b) Such approval should not be given unless a stepwise protocol has been observed by all practitioners with separate periods for (1) No activity; (2) Light aerobic exercise; (3) Sport-specific exercise; (4) Non-contact training drills; (5) Full-contact/competition practice; and (6) Return to normal game play. c) It is highly recommended that each of these protocol steps be no less than twenty-four hours in length. d) School administration shall then notify the coach as to the permission to return to practice or play.
-
Bracken County vs. Saint Patrick 2/20/18 (39th District Tournament)
I think the Saints will take this one, although I haven't seen the Polar Bears play this season. With that said, never count out a Jason Hinson coached team.
-
Mason County vs. Ashland Predictions
Mason County is dismissing at 1:00 Friday, so it would be surprising to me if there were any games in the Maysville area tomorrow night, unless the forecast is way off! Snow, so I've heard, moves in the area during the afternoon.
-
If your school is on a Snow Day is your Basketball Team permitted to play that night?
I understand the possible reasons for having a school canceled = activities canceled policy, but I think you trust your school administration to make common sense decisions.
-
39th District Hosting Solution
I believe this is for basketball. Any school, unless it's changed, can host volleyball, as Augusta did last year.
-
Dead Period Question
From Bylaw 24: (1) No coach may coach a student-athlete in any setting if that student-athlete has previously represented the high school (varsity, junior varsity or freshmen) and if sports specific skills are being taught, refined, developed or evaluated; (2) No coach in a sport at a school may coach other individuals who are enrolled in grades 9-12 but may not have yet played for the school 9) There can be no observation of student-athletes who are enrolled at the coach’s high school, even if such observation is in conjunction with outside employment such as camps, leagues or clinics. The only exception is detailed in the allowable activities concerning the observation (including transportation) of the coach’s children (blood or by marriage) who are on the playing roster and actively participating on the regular high school team at a member school;
-
KHSAA Decision to Suspend 3A Track Meet
I thought with several coaches and officials proposing solutions and services, the KHSAA would give these kids the opportunity to compete in their state championship. It's disappointing that they will still be denied that chance.
-
Corbin wins their 17th consecutive Regional Title
Impressive!
-
39th District Meeting
It is on the agenda (at the link below) for the Board meeting in May. Item 1.7.2.5. KSBA's Public Portal Minutes (which might offer more information) won't be posted apparently until approved at their next meeting.
-
Open Job: Bracken County
But a little different situation, with Coach Bray being sidelined with health issues just a month before this past season was to start. Otherwise, that isn't the case.
-
Jacob Hamilton to Campellsville Univertsiy
Congratulations to Jacob! He'll be teammates with good friend, and former rival from Augusta (although they'd probably never use the word rivals to describe them) Camryn Snapp!
-
Region tourney officials swap
I understand where you're coming from, but I see the benefit of bringing in officials from another region. Officials are human and have biases, even if they try not to. Gives teams (coaches and players) a clean slate in that regard.
-
Scott 78 Campbell County 77 (10th Region Championship)
Here's the video: Twitter
-
Scott 78 Campbell County 77 (10th Region Championship)
Another angle of the game-winning shot, and subsequent celebration: Video 1 And Another: Twitter
-
George Rogers Clark vs Paris predictions (40th district finals)
Paris by 7
-
Fleming County 72 Bath County 58
Congrats to Coach Taylor and the Panthers!
-
Mason County 73 Bracken County 68 (39th District Championship)
And Mason Co. didn't help themselves down the stretch either. A few times, I thought they were trying to give the game away.
-
Three second rule
Good info .. I was recently curious about some of the finer points of this rule. What if a player falls down in the lane or is tripped? I can't recall if they had the ball or not, but neither a walk or foul was called. I assume the three second count is still applicable, because I witnessed that called once this year.
-
What Hinson's about to do, has it ever been done?
Yes.
-
Student Athletes and Social Media
I would have a problem with banning it. I have no problem with holding high school athletes accountable (in terms of their extra-curricular activities) for what they post on social media. They need to learn their choices have consequences.