Everything posted by RAMCAT77
-
Raceland 31 Paris 9
I don't believe you can blame 31 unanswered points on a single penalty in the second half. Just my opinion though.
-
Raceland/Paris Updates
Where you at now?
-
Raceland/Paris Updates
End of 1st 0-0
-
Paintsville 32 Raceland 18
Paintsville is on a completely different level than Raceland. I honestly don't believe the talent level is that much different, I think it all comes down to coaching and Chirico is on an entirely different level than Salmons.
-
Paintsville 32 Raceland 18
They should've never been that far down to begin with. I'll leave it at that.
-
1A Game of the Week: 1A #4 Paintsville vs. 1A #5 Raceland
It was known early on that the defense would have to carry this team while the offense found it's own identity. While the defense has done as expected, the offense has failed to evolve and I'm not quite sure why that is.
-
Raceland 45 Fairview 0
I know this is early, but does Fairview have enough kids to have a team next year?
-
Owen County 12 Fairview 6
I don't think there are any easy games left on their schedule, they could potentially go 1-9 in the regular season.
-
Owen County 12 Fairview 6
I was referring to the number of kids that are available to fill in the shoes left when these seniors move on. The roster on KHSAA actually shows 32 kids. 16 seniors, 9 juniors, 3 sophomores and 4 freshmen. That's 16 underclassmen, that means to keep up with the current roster size, they will need to find at least 16 eighth graders to move up next year. They didn't have much of a junior high program in 2016. You do the math.
-
Owen County 12 Fairview 6
I truly believe Fairview Football is only a few nails in the coffin away from being put in the ground. This team has 36 kids and 18 of those are seniors. I've also been told that the feeder system is almost nonexistent. It's reminiscent of the days before the McPeeks and Music rolled into town.
-
Raceland 2017
Raceland plays Lawrence County on Saturday the 19th.
-
Raceland/Paintsville Updates
I'm not even sure if Raceland is interested in playing this game. The defense looked up for the task until we gave up the TD to big #3. I don't know what's up with the play calling on offense, we don't have a back that's interested in hitting the hole with a head full of steam. Frustrating!
-
1A Playoffs Raceland at Paintsville
:whistling: gloat [ɡlōt] VERB 1.contemplate or dwell on one's own success or another's misfortune with smugness or malignant pleasure.
-
1A Playoffs Raceland at Paintsville
Raceland continues to play undisciplined football and that's usually not a good thing this late in the season. Everyone likes a team that plays with a chip on their shoulder, but there's a very fine line between chippy and dirty, Raceland was close to crossing that line last night. The discipline of a team or lack thereof is an extension of the coaching staff. The pass coverage continues to be a major concern, blown coverages are one thing, but being completely lost during a play is unacceptable. The thing that drives me batty is the offense. The play calling continues to be predictable and when it's not predictable, they're usually trying to get cute. Every year it's the same thing, all the blowhards on here and Rivals start beating the drums about how this is the team that will make it to the carpet and when you look at this roster one would believe that all of the pieces are in place. So, does Raceland go to work this week, play disciplined, inspired football on Friday night and come away with the win? Or do they underachieve and spend another off season talking about what should've been?
-
1A Notebook - Playoffs Round 1 Crystal Ball, Crystal Clear
I think Williamsburg may pull the upset this week.
-
Russell 29 Raceland 28
This is an open forum, I pay a yearly fee to be here, so I can question and criticize as much as I want, I don't care how big of a bunch you panties get in.
-
Most Competitive First Round Games?
Raceland vs Bishop Brossart
-
Bishop Brossart vs. Raceland (1A Round 1)
Bishop is not a team to be overlooked. Raceland has played some lackluster football the last two weeks, but they've been in position to win at the end. A running game must be established if there's any chance of making a run in the playoffs.
-
Russell 29 Raceland 28
You have to be able to take off the orange tinted glasses, something that most of the Rams fans on this site are incapable of. It's my opinion that the last two losses are solely on the shoulders of Mike Salmons.
-
Russell 29 Raceland 28
I couldn't agree more about the run/timeout/field goal scenario.
-
Russell/Raceland Updates
No energy, subpar line play, lack of discipline and lack of execution. I would say they're lucky to only be down 7-0.
-
Paintsville/Raceland Predictions
I didn't say anything about who is gonna win or lose. I was simply saying that Paintsville schedule isn't the toughest in the state. This game is too close to call and if Raceland can't set the edge to contain Phelps, then it will be a long night for the Rams.
-
Paintsville/Raceland Predictions
I understand where you are coming from and I also understand that you out and out hate Raceland. I also agree that everyone on Raceland's schedule is down, but let's not pretend like everyone on Paintsville's schedule is on the up and up. As I look at both schedules, I would give Paintsville the slight upper hand because of their win over Pikeville. I don't however think that Pikeville is leaps and bounds better than Raceland.
-
Raceland 39 Fairview 6
A win is a win, but the team was not focused and had very little energy. They should've hung 60 plus on Fairview. I'm not sure how much longer Fairview will even have a football team. Their varsity numbers are atrocious and I've been told that their feeder system is way down.
-
Raceland @ Fairview (10/14) Predictions
I really don't need a lecture on the history of this series.