Everything posted by kinglouie
-
NKY JV Bracket 2017
It truly was a wonderfully pitched game. Both pitchers kept the opposing hitters off balance. Nice fast paced game to watch as well.
-
Covington Catholic's Aiden Ruthsatz commits
Yes
-
Condolences to the Dunbar Basketball Community
Ah man - I hate when I hear of stories like this. So sorry for all friends and family of this young man.
-
Has anyone ever heard this called before? Is it a rule?
Yes it is a very strange one. You see guys lay the bat down, and do all kinds of stuff, but this one he takes his left foot as he is right handed batter, and touches the front corner of the plate to line himself up. I heard him explain his routine to coach and thought to myself why??? Either way no way should he have been called out. But, then again if ump did warn me twice not to do it, I would not have done it the third time to be called out.
-
Has anyone ever heard this called before? Is it a rule?
This is what I thought as well, but again no pitch was made, when he called the batter out. The umpire had a couple other rough calls last nite as well, but this one was by far the worst/stangest
-
Has anyone ever heard this called before? Is it a rule?
I was at the Cov Cath Boone JV game last nite. The umpire called a Boone player out at the plate because he stepped on the plate. This was done prior to the pitch. The Boone coaches went nuts over this call of course. When they player came back to the dugout I heard him explain to the coaches what he did. He said he steps on the plate to help line him self up in the box, as part of his pre pitch routine. One of the other players told the coach 'yea I have seen him do this since he was called up' The umpire called him out for doing this. At end if game I heard umpire telling the coach I warned him not to do it twice and when he did it again I called him out. Is it a rule? Thoughts? Now this call had absolutely no impact on the outcome of the game as Cov Cath run ruled Boone in 5, but still I am curious about this as I have never ever seen it called or heard that it is a rule.
-
Torn Labrum
Great news on your daughter! Dr Greiwe is great. I am glad he concurred with Dr Kremchek which of course makes things easier. As far as PT, one of the things I wanted is someone who would work closely with the trainer at school. The trainer at school recommended a certain guy at St E's, his name was Bill, and throughout the months of PT it was obvious that they worked together on getting my son back. Of course he is not 100% yet as surgery was just now 11 months ago, but he is getting there.
-
Early Prediction... Best NKY Sophomores 2017.
I understand your point and desire to hear of these guys, but I disagree with the strategy. Their were separate threads for SR, JR and Soph. IMO if someone wanted to discuss Freshmen, then a thread should be started for the up and coming freshmen. Same would be true for 8th graders. That is one of the issues I struggle with here is that far too many threads are hi-jacked, diluted, and can become un-readable as they get off topic. Again, to me, threads are much more informative, effective and readable if they are focused as much as possible on one topic. If I am interested in up and coming Sophomores for example, I don't want to read thru all the posts on freshmen and 8th graders for example.
-
Covington Catholic's Aiden Ruthsatz commits
Congrats to Aiden and his family!
-
Covington Catholic Hosts Baseball Tournament for Autism Awareness
There was actually a third umpire who worked these games, unfortunately his name escapes me. For the final game between Cov Cath and New Cath all three worked. You are correct they donated their time to this and for that they are to be commended!
-
Torn Labrum
My son tore his last year in baseball game, as well as a partial rotator cuff tear. He had surgery end of may last year and is still looking to get the full strength back. He is playing ball again but you can tell in some of his throws the strength is not 100% We did the surgery rather than rehab, for a couple reasons. First recommendation of doctor, trainer, etc. Secondly others who we talked to who went the therapy route ended up either hurting it again or never recovering fully. Not all of course, but enough that we said lets try and fix it 100% With my son, the Doc treated him as a pitcher so the sutures/anchors were not as tight, which also leads to a longer recovery time. I am trying to remember what type of tear they called his, but it was not a slap tear. I am sorry to say but from what I have heard slap tears are much harder to come back from via either therapy or surgery. One question - have you asked the trainers and coaches at the college? My guess is that they would have been thru this unfortunately with others I am very sorry to hear about your daughter and would not wish the injury on anyone. Wishing you and her the best!
-
Early Prediction... Best NKY Sophomores 2017.
I don't understand - is he a freshman or a sophomore? If he is a freshman, why bring him up in a thread for Sophomores??? 'Early Prediction... Best NKY Sophomores 2017.'
-
Baseball signs/signals
Maybe I am in the minority on this, but wondering what others think. IMO a High School catcher should be able to call 85-90% on his own and not require the coach to tell him what to call. At a recent JV game it was so annoying to me to have to wait for the Boone County coach to look at his paper, think and then call out a number, catcher look at his wristband, and then signal for EVERY pitch. This slowed the game down even more. A catcher should know what to call on the first pitch to the first batter of the fifth inning when the guy steps to the plate for the third time in the game. At least IMO. Thoughts?
-
Covington Catholic vs Highlands moved to CovCath
And JV scheduled for Cov Cath canceled right?
-
CovCath QB Mayer receives his first D1 offer.
Congrats to AJ and family! Really cool that he gets to play close to home at a great school.
-
St Anthony's (NJ) Closing Its Doors
Very sad to hear and read this. I would love to see some numbers on the students who were 'lost' to the charter schools as well. Is that the only reason the student base declined so much? Sorry for Coach Hurley, and I am sure there are others, who put so much blood, sweat, and tears into keeping the school going. But hey, maybe he can move to NKY and be an assistant coach under his old assistant at Cov Cath!
-
Covington Catholic 12 Dixie Heights 2 (6 innings)
Thanks TOG! :thumb: In JV Action the blue Colonels defeated the red Colonels as well last nite, pretty sure the final score ended up 8-6.
-
Anyone Use A Wireless Printer
I recently bought one - Canon PIXMA MX492 WiFi All-In-One Compact Size Printer, Scanner, and Fax. Since I do little printing I did not want to spend much, so this one was only $35. Most Wireless printers seem to not have good easy to follow directions to connect to the network, but once you get past that this one works great as well. One thing I also found - I wanted to buy extra ink so I shopped on-line. Staples Combo packs were $55.00 - which was the same price as buying thru the Canon store. However, the Cannon store had free shipping AND a bunch of free photo paper included. They sent me over $200 of free paper! 12 packs of it to be exact. Good way to get one to buy more ink eh???
-
Covington Catholic Knucks Tournament Schedule for 4-1-17
Cov Cath JV is playing Ryle JV at 4:00 or thereabouts they are saying. Frosh game has been canceled.
-
Covington Catholic 0 Hamilton Badin (OH) 0 11 innings
So happy to see all three Soph's contribute! Sean and Evan in pitching, and Jack with his triple. Too bad they could not get him in from third. JV was playing Badin at same time so I could not get to this one, but JV game was a good one as well, with the JV Colonels coming out on top 6-3.
-
Covington Catholic - Cooper Predictions (9th Region Championship)
Game is tonite, with tip scheduled at 7:00pm
-
Covington Catholic - Cooper Predictions (9th Region Championship)
Davin has also been out all season.
-
Does the Northern Kentucky Boys Basketball Coaches Assoc. need to look in the mirror?
Thats some funny stuff right there. However calling the kids sell outs is very immature IMO. I would think the majority of the players at Cov Cath would probably end up there even if they were not basketball players. If parents want their kid to go the private route, and the kid wants to, thats where many of them go. But, for anyone who does play ball and is good, why not go to Cov Cath? The exposure the program is getting you now is invaluable, from the college coaches coming in, to the experience of playing in the tourneys such as the one in NY/NJ, and is proving that it is able to help with getting your college paid for. Why not go play ball there if you are good enough. It is not for everyone. Look at the kids who play freshman, and some sophmore and then stop. If they went there solely for basketball, they would transfer right? How many do? Certainly not the majority. One thing that I have come to learn in my old age is the feelings that I had towards schools such as Highlands and the football program. I think many people now have the same feeling towards the Cov Cath Basketball program. IMO Jealousy is a much better word to describe the feeling than Hatred. And if one feels that way, so be it. You are the one feeling that way and it has zero effect on the ones in the program
-
Dan Tieman Classic: Covington Catholic/Paul Laurence Dunbar (2/11/17)
Any idea how serious / how long? I know it did not look good seeing him on crutches at the end of the bench the other nite after getting hurt.
-
Covington Catholic 56 Dixie Heights 39
Congrats to Cov Cath on pulling this out. Dixie had a great game plan, and executed it very well in the first half. Their long possessions led to simple baskets and limited Cov Cath's ability to run. I also think however that Nowak going down so early in the game it hurt them a lot on the defensive end. He really gets up in the face of the opponent. Hopefully he is not out too long. His injury and foul trouble in the first half allowed some of the younger guys to log more minutes then normal, and I thought they did very well, especially in that atmosphere. Both student sections I thought were loud and great, and did a good job of going back and forth all nite. Very entertaining.