Everything posted by Voice of Reason
-
2026 Cincinnati Bengals
What are you trading for him?
-
2026 World Cup
Oh, it was ugly the first half. And then just as ugly for England the first 25-30 minutes of the second half. Ugly but a lot of goals scored and some beautiful passing/offense. In addition, the announcers were hilarious. I laughed out loud several times at their commentary.
-
2026 World Cup
That is the most entertaining soccer match I have ever watched. France was dominated in the first half. Then they turned the tables on England in the second half. When it got within 1 goal at 4-3, it was very even with England finally taking the match back over. The last goal for England by Bellingham was masterful.
-
2026 World Cup
Got to give credit to the announcer on TV for that. They are cracking me up with their commentary on this match. When England scored goal 4, the color announcer said it's going to be a lot more than that the way France is playing.
-
2026 World Cup
England takes a 1-0 lead 3 minutes into the third place match. England's fans are asking their coach if it is too early to go into the shell defense.
-
2026 Cincinnati Bengals
I am interested in seeing how the Bengals use Boye Mafe. I think they need to play him at LB in 4-3. Let Stewart and Murphy play DE on downs 1 and 2. Mafe may be the LB everyone thinks the Bengals need to add.
-
16 people shot in 4 days in Louisville
I've been to downtown Cincinnati many times over the past few months and no problems. I was down there Thursday night. Downtown was crowded and good energy.
-
2026 Cincinnati Reds
The Reds tried. Elly's agent is Scott Boras and he said no.
-
2026 Cincinnati Reds
I don't think so. Not soon that is. Wait till Greene is in the last year of his contract. Then you trade him.
-
Cincinnati Reds (July 2026)
HR in 3 straight games for Suarez.
-
2026 World Cup
Good point gchs! Punting on 1st down! That makes zero sense to me. I am not a soccer guy, but it seems to me the best time to get greedy is with a one goal lead in the second half. The opponent is getting a little more desperate to score and more prone to making a mistake. Get that two goal lead then think about playing some prevent defense.
-
2026 Cincinnati Reds
Reds are signing Chase Burns to a 7 year contract.
-
2026 World Cup
I really don't get that kill the clock strategy that soccer teams do. A one goal lead and they act like the game is over. England scores to take a 1-0 lead at the 55' mark. From that point on they went into soccer's kill the clock mode. That would be like a football team getting a one TD lead 5 minutes into the second half and then running the ball every play on offense the rest of the way and playing prevent defense. Over the last 25 minutes of game action Argentina had 93% possession. Argentina took 13 shots in the second half versus only 2 in the first half. The defensive shell strategy was a huge mistake by England in my opinion. The thing that I don't understand even more is why teams like England tonight don't even try to possess the ball to kill the clock. They get a stop and instead of trying to move the ball up field with passes and possess the ball, they just kick it the length of the field back to Argentina. Why not possess the ball? If you have the ball, the other team can't score. And why wouldn't you want to try and get a 2-0 lead instead of 1-0 lead?
-
2026 Beechwood Tigers
Good question. I don't know. I heard more seats but could be rumors.
-
2026 Beechwood Tigers
I don't think they are replacing bleachers. I heard adding some.
-
2026 Beechwood Tigers
Yes, new press box, new concession stand. Brick construction to match the rest of the campus. I heard they are also adding restrooms so people don't have to walk to the school building. And perhaps an expansion of seating capacity.
-
2026 Kentucky Wildcats
The football offer had a big impact on Ponatoski dropping. Three things that may cause him to go to baseball now: 1. New head coach at UK who has signed another top QB. That puts a shadow on his future as UK QB. 2. Leading up to the draft, Ponatoski said his goal is get to MLB as fast as possible. 3. Drafted by the hometown Reds.
-
2026 Cincinnati Reds
What about the parking garage at the banks?
-
2026 World Cup
True but there is still a little drama in those running plays - possible fumble, can defense stop them and force a punt, etc. And that is maybe a minute and a half of action. In soccer, it can be 15 minutes or more of live game pplay. A similar type of boring game time that led to the shot clock in basketball.
-
2026 World Cup
I have enjoyed the World Cup, but thank goodness for rewind and fast forward via Altafiber. I was able to watch the entire matches when the US played but on these other matches, I have to fast forward through stretches and stop/rewind when I see some real action like corner kicks, goals, etc. I just cannot handle the possession passing back and forth near mid field. The killing of clock time when a team has a lead late also. Boooorrrring ....
-
Hunter Greene
Health is a big concern for sure. Look at his stats in 2024 and 2025. I am good with trading him but I want the value that a pitcher with those stats should bring.
-
Cincinnati Reds (July 2026)
For sure on the meal. The ribs and shrimp combo is my favorite.
-
Hunter Greene
There are 32 starting pitchers making 15 million a year. A healthy Hunter Greene absolutley is one of the top 32, probably top 15. The health factor is the big risk. If he stays healthy the rest of the year, the Reds could get a lot of talent in a trade for him. IMO wait till the off season for sure to trade him. They could even wait till 2027 off season. Let's not make another Aroldis Chapman trade mistake. Maximize the value.
-
Cincinnati Reds (July 2026)
Enjoy! Hope you see a winner.
-
Hunter Greene
I definitely do not want to trade him now. His current value is low. If he can get 2 or 3 good starts and show he is back, then see what offers come in. He was one of the top pitchers in baseball in 2024 and 2025. I want that level of value for him when he is traded.