Everything posted by Voice of Reason
-
2026 NBA Playoffs
Lakers team surrounded the refs on the court and had a whining session after last night's loss.
-
Cooper announces Adam Begley as next head football coach
Two things I expect in a head coach hired at a successful big school program like Cooper: 1. Prior head coaching experience. 2. Working in the school building.
-
2027-2028 Football Realignment
Unless I miscounted, I see 2 districts with 6 teams. Both districts include a private school forced to move up - CAL and CCH.
-
Cincinnati Reds (May 2026)
That is the worst road trip in Reds history IMO.
-
Cincinnati Reds (May 2026)
How does a major league pitcher walk in the winning run? I would rather see the pitcher allow a grand slam than a bases loaded walk.
-
Kentucky Transfer Portal/Roster Tracker 2026
And KSR said LSU likely had a lot of money to throw at him since they have almost no one on their roster.
-
Kentucky Transfer Portal/Roster Tracker 2026
The old man in Israel chose LSU.
-
Cincinnati Reds (May 2026)
True, and it is more than a closer. You need quality arms to get from the starter to the closer.
-
2027-2028 Football Realignment
Do any county schools allow athletes living in another district play sports? I believe Kenton County schools have open enrollment allowing students in the county to attend a school different from their "district". Is that different than an independent school allowing an out of district student attend? How about Fayette County and Jefferson County? Are students restricted to attending the school in the geographic district they reside in? I will reinforce @theguru's post above. In Kentucky, a student can attend any school in any county or district they choose. The school districts themselves are the ones who choose to keep out of district students out. So they put in their own rule keeping out of district students out and then are upset because other schools don't do the same? They created their own problem. If they don't like it, let out of district students in.
-
Cincinnati Reds (May 2026)
Down the road like end of his career - ala John Smoltz - perhaps. But that will be after he has moved on from the Reds. He will be a starter with the Reds for as long as he is here. Too good as a starter.
-
2026 NBA Playoffs
I'm up late also, but not that late.
-
2026 NBA Playoffs
Wish I could have stayed up to watch T-Wolves and Spurs. Game 2 of Knicks Sixers will tell the tale on that matchup. Sixers just weren't ready for game 1 after the Celtics series. Let's see if they are able to compete in game 2.
-
2026 NBA Playoffs
Thunder might sweep the Lakers. Cavs / Pistons will be interesting. I think the Cavs supporting cast is a little better with more overall depth. The Pistons are relying too much on Cunningham.
-
Cincinnati Reds (May 2026)
You answered your own question. The Reds don't have a better option. Santillan and Ashcraft both walk too many people. I don't think they are ready yet mentally to be the closer. Nothing is more infuriating than relievers pitching scared and walking people. Pagan will get better. He is battle tested and proven. He will not be one of the top closers in MLB but he will be above average.
-
Cincinnati Reds (May 2026)
Our best defensive outfielder Myers looked shaky on one fly ball then dropped the ball in the 9th.
-
Cincinnati Reds (May 2026)
I was impressed with Chase Petty. Do the Reds have any other pitchers named Chase they can activate?
-
Parents, Admins and Coaches
When one of my sons was playing baseball, his head coach had a players and parents meeting before the season started. Well known, highly respected and successful coach. His biggest message in the meeting was - if any player has an issue, they need to go to the coach first, not the parent. He told the parents if a player has an issue to ask them if they have already talked with the coach about it. Coach said he did not want to hear about an issue from a parent first.
-
Parents, Admins and Coaches
In your role of the parent document, do you talk about what the parent and/or player should do if they are upset about something? Also, have you ever done a podcast on this topic?
-
Jordan Gilbert is the new coach at Mason County
Fair question. Creating energy and enthusiasm? Creating unrealistic early expectations?
-
Parents, Admins and Coaches
And in all that intro, I didn't even talk about the most important part of the equation where everything should be focused - the athletes. How do you handle all the different level of athletes that a coach deals with on every team?
-
Parents, Admins and Coaches
Let's talk about the state of high school sports. Multiple coaches in a wide range of sports have left or been told to leave their jobs in just the past few months. It seems like more than usual to me. What is going on? Parents - Unrealistic expectations for Johnny and Jill? How should everyone (coach, AD, Principal, other parents) respond to the testy parents? How should the other parents respond? How can parents support the players, coaches and school? Coaches - What a juggling act is required! I feel coaches are right in the middle fighting battles on all fronts. Just win? But how to do it "the right way"? Manage the star, the team player, the disgruntled player, parents of all, admins getting involved, on and on. Should there be a behavior and management model that all parties know about before a season starts? Something written in everyone's hands? What should the model be for all these variables? A LOT to consider and discuss. Admins - When should admins be involved? On what level? When and how should they respond to the tough parent and coach situations? Let's talk!
-
Golden Tempo Wins the 2026 Kentucky Derby
I always look for horses that come from off the pace in the Derby, but Golden Tempo was not on the ticket. I liked Renegade and Forever Ado. Fun race.
-
2026 NBA Playoffs
I didn't watch much NBA this year. Tonight was the first time I watched the Celtics. Live by the 3, die by the 3. They have no inside presence on either end of the floor. I thought the 76ers looked like the better team. Boston had no answer for Embid.
-
2026 Holmes Bulldogs
Holmes had a winning season in 2022; 8-3 in 2021; 7-3 in 2020; 8-4 in 2019 and won a playoff game. In basketball, for 45+ years up to around 2015, Holmes was one of the best basketball teams in N Ky and the entire state.
-
Conner's Coach
My goodness. What is going on with these high school coaches?