Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Voice of Reason

Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Voice of Reason

  1. I appreciate that feedback and perspective. I am a huge Terry Brown fan and think his defenses have been at the core of Cov Cath's success. I know Woolf and Weinrich have great resumes. I don't doubt they will put a great CCH defense on the field. If their defense is as good as it was under Terry Brown, they will have a defense to be proud of.
  2. I am a bit surprised that posters here are discounting Terry Brown so much. Are Woolf and Weinrich that much better than Brown?
  3. Didn't listen yet, but as I said previously, inability to land players is the huge concern with Pope.
  4. It is PR, media and marketing. Name recognition is a factor.
  5. They do care about the name on the front, but it isn't the reason why they choose a school. It is probably factor #4. Factor 1 and 2 are coach and NIL by a good margin. For the highest level recruits, NBA positioning is in the top 3.
  6. This seems like a good place to insert this info. Hopefully I've got this right. Colin Cowherd just said on his show that the 12 highest paid wide receivers in the NFL did not win a playoff game last year. Only 3 of them made the playoffs. Eye opening.
  7. The most disapointing and surprising thing with Pope has been his inability to recruit high quality talent. Truly shocking. There are 50 or more coaches that would bring better talent to UK.
  8. Tonight, Reed Sheppard is the hero. Lakers go on a 13-1 run to close the Rockets lead to 3 with 3 minutes to go. Then two big baskets by Sheppard, the second a breakaway dunk after a strip/steal of LeBron. Rockets beat the Lakers in LA 99-93 to force game 6.
  9. If I am correct in who you are talking about, if he lived in Missuori and Pope signed him you would wonder what in the world is Pope doing.
  10. Why do you think he is a better player?
  11. Looks like a solid get. Probably upped the offer after Stokes chose Kansas.
  12. What? Five years of eligibility? Players will be allowed five seasons? Not five years to get four seasons in?
  13. I'm still expecting another overseas player or two.
  14. Interesting. I read several draft projections on Young and they all saw him as a red zone and middle of the field option. A 4.49 time in the 40 is just OK in today's NFL. There were 22 WR's that ran faster than that at the combine this year. He may be the slowest WR on the current Bengals roster. We'll see how it works out.
  15. You see Young as an outside deep threat?
  16. Here are my thoughts: Howell - Very nice get. A high value position. A position of need for the Bengals. A highly productive college player. Many had him targeted for late round 1. The Bengals got some luck that he fell to them. I agree A+ on this one. Davis - I think B- is generous. From a draft value point of view, this is the Bengals second worst pick. Not a big reach to choose him here but there were better options, even at CB. But I see why the Bengals picked him. He is a Shermar Stewart, John Ross style Bengals pick. A unique player in some ways at 6' 4" playing CB with the speed to play CB in the NFL. I think the Bengals have a specific role in mind for him, matching up with TE's perhaps. We'll see how it plays out and if he can be productive. I don't see him as a multi year starting CB in the NFL. Lew - Another nice get by the Bengals. I didn't like it at first look because of him rehabing an ACL from last October injury. But he is rated the #1 center in the draft by many. Then Bengals don't need him this year and he provides needed OL depth. I agree with the A grade. Young - The Bengals got stuck here. I think they wanted to draft a WR and this is what was left. A bit of a reach in round 4 for another player with trouble in his background. Not sure where he can fit. Good size so middle of the field guy, almost like a TE? I grade this a D. They didn't have to take a WR here. TE Joe Royer was still available and would have been a nice value pick here. Maybe a RB or LB. Even another OL as G Billy Schrauth would have been a good pick here. Young is my least favorite pick and the one pick that I see as ultimately a wasted pick. Parker - Very good add. The Bengals need OL depth and Parker is a multi position player who can fill in anywhere on the line. I like this pick. Good value. A- right on target for this pick. Endries - Good value pick. TE is becoming a more valued position in the NFL and this is a good add. Johnson - Undersized, high motor player. Pretty cool that a Navy player was the Pat Tillman 226 pick. Good job all the way around on this pick. Add in getting a proven All Pro Dexter Lawrence via trade using the #10 pick, and this looks like a very good draft overall for the Bengals.
  17. I was reading up some on Lew and he says he will be ready for training camp. His knee injury happened last October. If healthy and he plays to his round 2 rating, that is a very good value for the Bengals in round 4
  18. I see Parker as a multi position backup to start out. Where he might eventually get a chance to start, only time and fate will tell.
  19. A lot of TE's picked in this draft. I think I heard 16 TE's selected?
  20. Yes, ACL rehab, and as posted above Lew was ranked the #2 center in the draft.
  21. I looked at pre-draft rankings and most people I saw had Lew as the #2 center in the draft. CBS Sports had Lew as the 4th best IOL (G & C) and had him slotted at pick #43. PFF had Lee ranked the #3 IOL in the draft.
  22. Bengals 6th round pick Bryan Parker C Duke. Mel Kiper expected him to be gone in round 3 so that sounds like good value. The other C they drafted is rehabing an ACL and probably won't play this coming year. The Bengals need OL depth and a back up center.
  23. I would like to see the LB ratings after the bye week. I want to see how much they improved the last part of the season.
  24. Howell looks like a good value pick. Davis - questionable pick.
  25. That's what I was expecting - 2 or 3 overseas players to fill the gaps.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.