Everything posted by Nkysportsblog
-
Highlands 57 Covington Holy Cross 52
I disagree. First of all my point was ETA (the supposed Highlands fan) said earlier this year that Highlands was the team that would give Holmes the most trouble and potentially upset them. Using that logic, I would expect a pretty good game come first round of districts between HC and Holmes. Do you expect that? Me neither. Second of all, Holy Cross did not play better than they have been playing. If I am a Highlands fan I'd be concerned about the defense last night. Holy Cross couldn't hit an outside shot and didn't finish well at the basket. Giwa missed tons of easy floaters and layins that he usually puts in. Holy Cross scored tons of points off of complete defensive lapses and not just in the halfcourt set where they usually get teams with their backdoor offense. Highlands didn't get back out of their press well at all and they left guys open under the basket all night. I think a lot of it had to do with Highlands struggling with matching up out of their zone press... but what do I know. Holy Cross did do one thing very well.... They played their tails off. They hustled the whole game and that's what kept them in it, but I don't think I'd necessarily would say that they played one of their better games. As for Highlands, I don't know if I'm calling this a good win... maybe something more like way to sneak one out in the fourth quarter let's learn from our mistakes.
-
Highlands 57 Covington Holy Cross 52
Is it?
-
Highlands 57 Covington Holy Cross 52
One of those situations where you let the defensive player get away with a little riding or bumping until the player falls.... At that point you must call a foul. That was a bad call and Erik Goetz had a right to be mad.
-
Covington Holy Cross @ Highlands (2/10)
Grote is going to have to step up big in this one. Highlands won't get their easy baskets in transition and I don't see Kowolonek having a big game against the Indians. Grote is the one player who can really take over for Highlands against this HC defense. If Highlands can get a guy or two going from the outside it will be a long night for the Indians. Otherwise....
-
Holmes @ Boone County Predictions (2/10)
I don't think that was the case last night. I have no idea if there was a reason for that though.
-
Holmes @ Boone County Predictions (2/10)
Doesn't Brown start for the Rebels over Popp.
-
Boone County 59 Holy Cross 44
It seems Coach Allen has broken this team away from the varsity mold a little bit. Their offense is much more potent so he is using that to the Indians advantage and letting them attack the basket a little bit more.
-
Boone County 59 Holy Cross 44
JV won by 16. They were up two at the half and went on a big run in the third quarter.
-
Boone County 59 Holy Cross 44
If I'm a Boone fan I'm very concerned about the defense displayed tonight. Holy Cross had 30 points at the half. That is a scorching pace for the Indians' anemic offense. This was all while Boone was pressing and in their man-to-man pressure D. I was not at all impressed. They bad getting back and they really didn't do very well defending the post despite a huuuge size advantage. Sure they held the Indians to 44 and won the game by 15 but they had to go to a zone to do that. Is that really the style this team wants to play considering their strengths on offense?
-
Boone County 59 Holy Cross 44
Which isn't saying much at all...
-
Newport Central Catholic 44 Bishop Brossart 42
Because it would be out of character for them to do so. If you know Jimmy or have seen him coach you know this is typical and you love watching him get excited. He was the same way after the all A win at Newport. It was really fun to see him race out to hug grant and the other players.
-
Holmes 77 Highlands 68
Well of course they don't when they play each other, but I think there are a lot of HC people that wouldn't mind seeing Holmes win state... if they aren't able to beat them in districts first of course.
-
Covington Catholic 43 Covington Holy Cross 39
I wasn't trying to be sarcastic about that. I was really curious if you knew that there was a good chance of him being ready with the game being a day later. I hadn't heard anything about that. Even still Mitch came in for two quick stints that lasted about a minute each. He really didn't impact the game, but it was awesome to see him get on the court. He really could be an impact though if he can play for extended periods of time and throw some three's up. I wasn't that surprised to see him play. It was just the way you said it made it sound like you were expecting him to see significant minutes and make a difference. I'm sorry if I mistook your post.
-
Villa-Madonna 56 Ludlow 40
Schuh is really stepping up and filling the shoes of Stephen Love very well. Congrats to Blake. He is absolutely going to SHATTER that scoring record. It might never get beat after him.
-
Holmes 77 Highlands 68
Haha... See I really like Pittman I think this stuff is hilarious. I'm tired of hearing about him "jawing" with the other teams. Sometimes I'm sure it gets heated... the same way it does for every team or player at times... but for the most part he reminds me of Terrence Williams from U of L. He just has a good time and loves playing the game. I think he's usually being funny when he's "jawing." Let's just appreciate these athletes and quit trying to find something to complain about to bring them down. :thumb:
-
Holmes 77 Highlands 68
I don't think this is nearly as big of a rivalry as it used to be. Just my opinion though.
-
Holmes 77 Highlands 68
Haha that's awesome.
-
Boone Co. @ Holy Cross (2/7)
I don't think that's crazy. I think it's a definite possibility, but it will be interesting to see how the boys respond from the CCH loss and how Goetz approaches the rest of the season.
-
Holmes 77 Highlands 68
I'm going to have to look out for him. I can't recall ever noticing him.
-
Holmes 77 Highlands 68
What's his number? How big is he? Does he play a lot in the JV games?
-
Boone Co. @ Holy Cross (2/7)
If the law of averages catch up to the Indians from tonight then they are bound to make about everything they shoot tom night.
-
Covington Catholic 43 Covington Holy Cross 39
I kept a close eye on Mitch through warmups and halftime and it doesn't look like he's lost anything from his jumpshot. He can still stroke. If nothing else putting another shooter on the floor would be a huuuuuge boost to this team.
-
Covington Catholic 43 Covington Holy Cross 39
Absolutely no reason why he should not be a dominant post player. However, I did think he definitely traveled.
-
Holmes 77 Highlands 68
Lol I'm not arguing Henley's decision. In fact I agree with him. I'm saying you're wrong for your reasoning. You specifically said Housely is the better off player but doesn't start because DJ is the better def player. Then you told me Housely is a defensive stopper, but Dom doesn't get in foul trouble and is a better ball handler. Last time I checked there isn't a lot of ball handling on defense.
-
Holmes 77 Highlands 68
I honestly think she's just a horrible official. She's been bad for HC too, but I could definitely see where Holmes would see the correlation between her attending HC and screwing Holmes over... especially considering when she went to HC since it was a bigger rival then.