Everything posted by nkufan88
-
8th region 2010-11 boys basketball. Who's on top?
He is eligible this year...
-
8th region 2010-11 boys basketball. Who's on top?
Yea it is what am I thinking the 8th region is just loaded this year???
-
Is Simon Kenton dead in the water?
Well golly geepers tough guy I reckon I'm all wrong for voicing my opinion...For petes sake I guess I shouldn't get on here and voice my opinion once every blue moon...Ya know rob digity do da I should be more like you tough guy...Maybe one day I'll be lucky to be flashing such Ice in my avatar...I think if I were you I'd take the couple hundred bucks that the pawn shop would give me for all the BLING and get a counsler to vent your anger on instead of raining on the parade of a casual fan that doesnt live on this site bigrobdigity and is excited about his old high school...I guess I need a ring for all my fingers before I'm aloud to voice my opinion on this site...Just an idea but you might want to take the rings off every now and then it looks like one of your hands is starting to get swollen, we can be proud of our old high schools but clinging onto high school forums and talking bad about other schools is a sign of addiction and possible a midnight crisis ya might wanna see a doc that blue koolaid can get to be toxic after a while...Well this is nkufan88 signing off, Diggity diggity deeeee!!! Win one state championship in basketball and get back to me : )
-
8th region 2010-11 boys basketball. Who's on top?
Simon Kenton with 6'8 stevenson and 6'6 doss down low along with good young guards will be representing the 8th in Lexington next year...Cody Chambers is there top guard he is very fun to watch
-
Is Simon Kenton dead in the water?
I believe SK was about 50 yards away from defeating X last year in the semis...Best high school game I've ever seen and the second half when SK made their comeback was completed with out Miles Simpson and basically the same offense they have this year...SK's passing attack really tore the X defense to shreds last year, it was pretty amazing to watch!!!
-
Is Simon Kenton dead in the water?
Highlands benefits from a winning tradition thus getting the best players from around NKY to end up going there. I know that the bluebirds have benefited from SK's struggles in the past one player in particular I can think of is Jordan Nevels kid grew up in the independence area and ended up a bluebird I wonder why? Well no longer will that be the case SK has proven they can win small sample size or not and the facilities argument is totally legit kids love having the best and we can't compare Highlands to SK because of their tradition but I'd say top facilities and a winning program is better than just a winning program where when its storming outside you probably just go into the gym to practice that's if its available because you only have one gym and you have to be fearful that the roof might fly off the weight room if it gets too windy lol...The lil birdies can get the best chickens in campbell county stealing from the Camels, Brossart, Newport ect...and the Neers will steal all the top chickens in kenton county...If we met this year Highlands wins by Two Tds, If we meet in five years SK is even with the birdies and have become a power along with Trinity and X in 6a!!!
-
Is Simon Kenton dead in the water?
I agree with this man, Nate is fast, shifty and hard to tackle...He reminds me of a smaller version of Marice Jones Drew of the Jags...Its really easy to see that SK has more athletes in their program then they have ever had, but for some reason people don't want to see it...As a recent graduate of SK in 06 I have seen the pits of SK football and what the team looked like and this current SK team had done a 360 from those days...Its hard to tell but I'd say players that SK in the past would've lost to dixie and scott or even Highlands as they have gotten a few players from SK's area over the years are now starting to stay in their respective county and make the drive to SK...Another thing is SK is now getting more kids trying out for the team because they are winners, when I went to SK many of the best athletes were on the sidelines they didn't want to only win one game a year against scott...The question is if your a youth player who has seen heard and read about SK's success the past few years wouldn't you wanna be a part of it? And if your a running back maybe you even want to be the next Miles Simpson at SK?
-
Is Simon Kenton dead in the water?
The point was go to Dixie and win idk how many games have they one this year or the last few years but not many or you can go to scott and be lucky to win four games your whole high school career or you can go to SK where Miles Simpson came in and lifted their program and while their not as good this year they will still probably win eight games this year. My guess would be SK will reap the benefits of open enrollment in the future. The facilities are probably top five in the state for football and coach marksberry has turned the program around recently to be a contender and is a top notch coach along with the whole staff. I know in High School I would've wanted the best facilites in NKY along wit h a up and coming coach where my chances greatly improve for me to improve as a player, therefore getting a chance to go to college on a scholarship. Id say parents want their kids to win to along with enhancing their chances of getting college paid for and not practicing like a dog for four years for no real reason. I'll be back on here in five years checking in on the status of SK, my prediction is in a five year span SK will have about 40 reg season wins averaging about 8 a year and a couple more deep runs to the semis or finals of state. Also by the end of this year SK will be greatly improved and they will make it back to the state semis!!!
-
Is Simon Kenton dead in the water?
HC was much better last year and they have fallen worse from last year to this year than SK...It appears with the new facilities aka the House that Simpson Built along with winning product SK is finally putting on the field and open enrollment in the county I think that SK will begin to flourish for years to come as the best middle school and youth players in the county will want to play at SK rather than getting their head smashed in the turf at Dixie and Scott...No offense to the other county schools but they don't do much as far as winning goes and I believe High School kids that have talent will want to be on a winning team...I could see SK starting to get more athletes from covington as well, they have the foundation laid in Independence im not saying their anywhere near Highlands but eventually they could get that way in NKY 6a...Like I said with the open enrollment argument I've recently wondered if SK could benefit from say a Zeke Pike from Dixie to come in play QB next year as Lawrence is graduating, Now this is in no way happening but its interesting to think about as I believe SK can definitely give Pike more weapons than he currently has at Dixie...
-
Simon Kenton 21 Henry Clay 18
#34 for SK on Defense, Jarod Bowling I think is his name has impressed me the last two weeks and in the program it says hes only a soph...By his senior year I could see him being a monster at DE
-
Simon Kenton vs Middletown (OH)
I agree SK is in good hands with the number of gifted athletes coming through the program...This year will definatley be another good one in Independence for the neers there athletic, quick, smart and extremely well coached...With more balance this year they should be just as tough to stop then they were the last two years...I am by no means a one team homer but its pretty obvious SK is quickly building possibly a powerhouse program for years to come the top players from NKY youth that could go to there choice of Dixie or Scott or SK will want to play for a contender and SK is obviously the biggest contender of the Kenton Co public schools...Not to mention the top notch facilities and indoor practice facility and weight room also media exposure that SK is recieving with the radio deal...Players will take notice and want to play for the Neers...People need to quit hating because the respective schools whom the root for will no longer have their easiest Win of the year when they play SK
-
Simon Kenton 2009 vs Trinity 2009
I guess this makes Trinity last also:D
-
Simon Kenton 2009 vs Trinity 2009
If were gonna compare scores SK gave X all they wanted and had a chance to pull of one of the most exciting games maybe ever in state playoff history and you don't take your foot off the gas against a team the caliber of SK, so for perposes of comparing scores SK was better than T...And basically everything else has to favor SK as far as a statistic standpoint and a having a much more balanced and potent offense...The team T had this year would struggle with this years Ryle team maybe inching out a W but SK and X both manhandled Ryle...Any way you wanna look at it SK proved to be the better team they just caught X in the semi's instead of the finals and no team in this state beats X no matter when the games is played with the exception of maybe Highlands and the next best game would probably be SK vs X as it proved to be this year!!!
-
Who is this year's Mr. Football winner?
The last half of this post is comical its because of X simple answer...Match any of those teams you mentioned and they lose to X by 50 or more and are no longer playing this weekend...
-
Who is this year's Mr. Football winner?
I never once said he was unstoppable no one player is unstoppable, but he is close:laugh:
-
Who is this year's Mr. Football winner?
Couldn't have said it better myself...Good post and to the poster above SK had two really good O lineman one whom is D1 bound and one who was a solid anchor that got injured half way through the year, either way it didn't really matter even if the O line collapsed Miles Simpson was mowing you over if you got near him!!!
-
Who is this year's Mr. Football winner?
touche!!! :banana:
-
Who is this year's Mr. Football winner?
And my favorite video on a rain soaked field...
-
Who is this year's Mr. Football winner?
IMO I don't agree with the fact that if Miles Simpson played on a small school with small school teammates he would have been less productive...The reason being Miles Simpson is a once in a decade RB with a great combination of speed, size and vision that I believe many of the top RB's in the entire country from powerhouse states such as CA, OH, Fl and TX would have a hard time matching his ability at the position... I have seen a great deal of Miles and he loves to attribute his success to the O Line but honestly he does probably more on his own than any RB on the high school level in a long time, I have seen him literally fake defenders out of there cleats and turn a 2 Yard gain into an 80 Yard TD many times, intact usually a couple times a game...Point is put him on a team with 1A players and a 1A O Line and it probably doesn't have to much of an impact on him because he's using his 6'2 200 lb frame to bulldoze the defender and his 4.5 speed to take it too the house and the defenders at the 1A level are traditionally only smaller and slower:ylsuper:
-
Who is this year's Mr. Football winner?
Miles Simpson is on a different level than anyone in the state...Others may have the offensive numbers, but miles has the offensive numbers and also the physical measurements and tools that make him a beast and also one of the most highly recruited player in the state...And too say playing in 6A doesn't make a difference is absurd, while SK didn't play X or T every FRI night I'm willing to bet that Boone, Connor, Ryle, Dixie, Henry Clay, Butler, Manual, X, and they also played a very athletic Shroder OH team and man handled them...Simpson played on basically one healthy ankle the first 4 games of the year which is not easy for a player with the ability to cut on a dime like any high school RB you will ever see...One last point SK's QB Lawrence also got a bulk of carries and over 1,000 yards while throwing for nearly 2,000, So Miles Simpsons numbers are just sick in a dynamic offensive that was heads and shoulders above any other in the state...
-
6A Final: Trinity/St. Xavier Predictions
Its hard to believe but Sk's passing game actually exploded once Miles Simpson got injured, it didn't miss a beat...
-
6A Final: Trinity/St. Xavier Predictions
Nice post Jimmy...The only thing I can say is I do know SK threw either 4 or 5 TDS against ST. X so I believe you can score TDS against them both running and passing but maybe it was a one game fluke idk, but I was at that game and the ST. X secondary looked lost all game...
-
6A Final: Trinity/St. Xavier Predictions
Thanks TD...Its always good to mix in some humor to such a serious rivalry topic...In all seriousness though that boy is big but the question is does he move around enough to really impact the game dramatically...He has 35 tackles on the year and 4 sacks which aren't exactly earth shattering statistics...Ha if he can't move to well than he is not the answer to X blitzing every time because Trinity will still burn the blitz all day through the air regardless if there is a space eater in the middle lol, However X is smarter than to blitz every down so like papalee wants them to do so it don't matter either way!!!
-
6A Final: Trinity/St. Xavier Predictions
That boy is scary...OMG did he decapitate the opponents head:scared:
-
6A Final: Trinity/St. Xavier Predictions
Ha dang is that a frosh picture or do they play varsity Rock? I was looking for a varsity picture and wow if those don't look like some fine athletes... Either way they still look just as fierce as those stud giants that X puts on the gridiron lol...:banana: Nvm did some additional research and figured out #17 is James quick a wide out with some pretty impressive numbers for a young fella, not too mention a sweet name!!! Also considered the top freshman basketball player in the state...I think it may be fair to say he has ability to give the X secondary fits as he is much more athletic than any of the SK WR's who pretty much turned the X secondary into chop suey...