Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

nkufan88

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by nkufan88

  1. You never bring any facts to the table, I know what they have coming back and they are not done...Will they be as good early in the year probably no they will struggle, but SK has the players returning to continue to win multiple games in the playoffs, which is quite a turn around from years past...You say talent will be down and of course it will, I believe from year to year every team loses talent, but since it's SK I guess they can't have new talent step up next year? Is that what your trying to say? I guess when Elliot graduates Ryle will never be good again, when Pike leaves Dixie they will never have another good QB, when Towles graduates Highlands will struggle next year, Right! Wrong that's never how it works Highlands reloads, Dixie may very well be better when Pike leaves who knows, maybe in a few years their will be another Travis Elliott for Ryle. Well next year it's a fact that SK will have a capable QB not Lawrence but a capable QB, they will have a better RB for sure and their Defense will be one of the better ones in the area, I know I follow the program. It just seems like SK gets put on a different platform then the other schools, the other schools reload, who's to say SK won't?
  2. What do you know about the players SK will return next year to make such statements? Also SK will not be playing Dayton, Walton, BB, etc...They will play Scott in county rival, maybe NCC, probably a Lex 6A School and who knows who else...So dodging Highlands if SK does, means SK is going to dodge all teams that can beat them? I dont understand any of your posts!
  3. I wish I could, can I get a sub lol...I'll be at the NKU Halloween Hoopla tonight so I can't make it...I've never been to a Highlands game but i'd sure love to go and see the Birds play my Neers...While in Ft.Thomas I could enjoy a pre game meal at one of the fine establishments and enjoy some of the genuine Blue Koolaid served out that way...
  4. The people that are saying SK will return to mediocracy after this year obviously have no clue about the program at SK...Their secondary will be one of the best around, with Webb, Pinkelton and Swanson...Their Defensive ends will be very solid with Stephens, Mills and Bowling...Swanson will be a good QB to go along with a very good young RB in Nate Powell...The pipeline is not dry, these are just the players that are already contributers for the most part... Heres to hoping Coach M gives the boys in Independence a chance to shutup the doubters and face the Birdies!
  5. Thanks, just got off the phone with him and he just wanted to say job well done, keep up the good work:thumb:
  6. What I think most people fail to realize is Middletown is undefeated still 9-0 I believe. Also I don't think people understand that the Middies are currently ranked 10th in the nation and a loss to them wasn't a bad thing and they have grown so much from then. Could Trinity or Highlands give Middletown a game, maybe but I don't understand the hatred for SK schedule strength. The Middletown game was the first game of the year and Chad Lawrence was hobbled, he only threw the ball 19 times in the game that's not typical SK game plan.
  7. I'll tell you how, here's how you do it. When you read his posts, whether or not they are ignorant or legit, rather you agree or disagree; just be the bigger adult. We are all for the most part adults right? All I hear about on here is how certain posters need to grow up. I think anybody that would block someones posts may need to grow up, after all this is just a message board and smack talk is what keeps it interesting.:popcorn:
  8. SK will undoubtedly have a tough road ahead of them, I think they look forward to proving the doubters wrong. It seems the hard working kids at SK can't do nothing right, there is always an excuse for their success!
  9. Cambell County is the best passing team SK has faced all year, including Ryle...Ryle surely couldn't stop the Camels a few weeks back thats a fact...SK is developing a running game other than Lawrence now as well, Wetter had replaced Crane for the most part and its showing positive results...Danny Wetter has more wiggle and shiftiness than Crane...Oh and yes Ryle beat SK but Ryles defense is giving up loads of points to everyteam they play
  10. Actually this game proves SK can defend the pass and spread offense...So they did learn that much from this game...SK has a very good secondary they are fast...
  11. I would put Winkler right behind Peterson...
  12. Yeah and that's scary no doubt because for those that watched Greg Rice throughout his career like I did he was pretty amazing. Greg Rice was the best player in the state tournament his sophomore year I believe so saying Dontel may be better is really saying something. Also with the new coach liking to run more I look for Keyvon Rice to finally shine. Holmes will likely have these two and maybe more on the Top 10 list come seasons end.
  13. Dontel Rice of Holmes will be in the discussion after a few games
  14. Yes that is the new indoor practice facility at Simon Kenton.
  15. I think the fine establishments in Independence ordered a batch from Ft. Thomas, I tried it last week its very potent. For a week it had me believing SK was unbeatable this year in NKY 6a, then I snapped out of it...But SK is still on the right track as a program, o and Highlands would have their jv in at half vs X....I think ukfan got some of the blue juice from Bluebird nation also, he overdosed on it!
  16. I'm man, SK had chances to burry Ryle...Ryle never gave up and the better team on that specific night won...Glad Ryle's coach finally realized Elliot wasn't the only player on the team...SK fumbled once inside the ten I believe, one ref called the SK player down but then changed his mind which can't happen...Congrats to Ryle on finally giving SK a chance to see what they need to work on, it will help the boys later on in the year...
  17. Sk 7 Ryle 0...then SK recovers an onside...hmmm I thought Ryle had the better special teams...Ryle also muffed a punt
  18. Right now the front seat of the Roller Coaster is a great ride:ylsuper:. Who's too say that the underclassmen at SK aren't any good your not qualified to make that judgment and either am I. But for some reason the past few weeks I keep hearing how Conner, Cooper and Ryle are in good hands for the next few years, That's great too bad SK isn't allowed to have talented players in the pipeline:confused:. Success will bring out more talented players to the football team that in the past wouldn't have suited up for SK. Players develop, they get bigger, faster, stronger and nobody can say that SK will be mediocre again. When I went to SK the athletes were playing basketball, baseball and even soccer, more of those kids are now coming out for football. The truth is without Simpson and Lawrence I wouldn't see SK as continuing this success but because they put this program on the map I believe they will keep building on it. Conner has had talented players recently but NO STATE FINALS OR SEMI FINALS, Why is that?
  19. Blue and White, since SK is no longer a chew toy for nky and a legit team fans from other teams have been talking more about SK than their own team...The truth is the other nky schools with the exception of Highlands can no longer see SK on their schedule and see an easy W...In conclusion you now see more SK topics in the football forum than any other team...Why is this you might wonder? I myself have thought about it, maybe it's me supporting my team, maybe its ukfans off the wall comments or it could be envy or fear that SK isn't a cupcake no longer...Either way you put it it's fairly obvious the past two years of success at SK has created much hatrid towards SK...Now imagine if SK does continue its recent success In Nky, O boy it will be some good ol' smack talking and SK will be the game circled on every ones schedule.
  20. I give credit too good teams and good players...I know SK isnt a powerhouse team all i've ever said is they have went from cellar dwellers to a top notch team in nky...I've also stated my opinion on Sk's new facilities and recent success and said that they are potentially building a powerhouse, however optimism isn't allowed on this site...If your team isn't named Highlands, Trinity, St X or a few others and hasn't already established a top notch program than your team isn't allowed to use their recent success and resources too build something that only few teams have...
  21. A more plausible scenario is that ukfan and myself have had more of an influence on the results than Elliot's injury...We tend to get under people's skin:jump:
  22. 7-Simon Kenton 5-Campbell 3-Holmes 2-Cooper 1-Bishop Brossart Simon Kenton
  23. 7-Simon Kenton 5-Campbell 3-Holmes 2-Cooper 1-Bishop Brossart Simon Kenton
  24. When did this come about? Last time I checked Ryle's D did more breaking than bending against Campbell and Cooper...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.