Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Simon Kenton vs Middletown (OH)

Featured Replies

SK gets an invite to the Skyline Chili showdown. The Middies lost 10 guys to the next level from last years team but still should be a nice test for the Neers.

 

Middletown will play Simon Kenton (Ky.) at 2:45 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 28, at Nippert Stadium

  • Replies 48
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think SK will beat the Middies and make a statement!!!!

Wow Sk finally plays a real team. They will get blown out big time. Middletown will completely crush them. Sk hasn't played a team like them ever. Check out Sk's schedule last year haha. i mean come on now.

Come on Rebel, either bring something to the table or just skip the thread.

It will be a tough test for the Pioneers as it is when any KY schools venture across the creek to play with the big boys in Ohio. At least they have the guts to do so. This game will prepare them for the post season.

No offense to SK, but they are going to get smacked. I can't see them being able to compete with a division one power from Ohio. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of KY schools playing the big boys from Ohio. SK can create a lot of positives from this game come playoff time. I can't imagine that they will see anyone this good next season unless they make a run and play T or X.

Wow Sk finally plays a real team. They will get blown out big time. Middletown will completely crush them. Sk hasn't played a team like them ever. Check out Sk's schedule last year haha. i mean come on now.

 

Wow. Not showing your team much support, are ya?

Wow Sk finally plays a real team. They will get blown out big time. Middletown will completely crush them. Sk hasn't played a team like them ever. Check out Sk's schedule last year haha. i mean come on now.

 

Your right nothing like playing a cupcake team like Ryle!!!

  • Author

I wouldn't say their a power. Good football team but lost a lot of guys from last years solid team. Still have to say Middletown is the early 10-14 point favorite.

I wouldn't say their a power. Good football team but lost a lot of guys from last years solid team. Still have to say Middletown is the early 10-14 point favorite.

 

I think SK will beat them Middletown will have a new QB and RB.

No offense to SK, but they are going to get smacked. I can't see them being able to compete with a division one power from Ohio. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of KY schools playing the big boys from Ohio. SK can create a lot of positives from this game come playoff time. I can't imagine that they will see anyone this good next season unless they make a run and play T or X.

 

It's not like every Division I school in Ohio is a power, somebody has to lose when they play each other. Middletown had a really good team last year, but they lost A LOT from that squad. Year in and year out, Middletown is a middle of the pack Cincinnati area Division I team at best. Average a lot, occasionally, pretty darn good, occasionally, really bad.

Middletown is far from a Division 1 power. Last year was not a typical Middletown year. They were very, very good last year. Don't expect this years team to be anywhere near as good as last years team. Not saying Simon Kenton will beat them but don't mistake Middletown as an Elder, St. X or Colerain. They are more like a LaSalle. Respectable but not a power.

Okay, they may not be a power, and they did lose a bunch from last years team. But lets not forget, SK lost their stud to. Even still, a school like Middletown cannot afford a loss to a KY school, and quite frankly the game matters little to SK. I'll take Middletown because they have to much at stake. SK has never seen anything like an Ohio team fighting for a playoff spot. I still think SK will lose, and probably lose big. Like I said though, I'm not knocking SK. I think it's a great idea to play an Ohio school. It will teach them a lot and the boys will be able to take a lot of positives from this game. Another thing, the atmosphere and intensity the Middletown will bring will probably stun the pioneers, but I would look for the intensity to rub off on them in a positive way in later games.

  • Author

I haven't seen Middletown play in years.. I spoke with some recruiting contacts in OH and from what I have been told they have a WR that is going to give SK a lot of trouble. Expect Middletown to spread it out 3-5 WR sets.

Edited by John Anthony

I haven't seen Middletown play in years.. I spoke with some recruiting contacts in OH and from what I have been told they have a WR that is going to give SK a lot of trouble. Expect Middletown to spread it out 3-5 WR sets.

 

Oh, I'm sure someone here will have something to say about that.:rolleyes: He says "their" defense will be tops and second to none.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.